MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Get the album "MGMT" on iTunes, CD, or vinyl here. Album includes the "Optimizer" listening and viewing experience.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20  All

Author Topic: Lana Del Rey  (Read 43390 times)

Daisy :)

• View Profile
Re: Lana Del Rey
« Reply #135 on: February 13, 2012, 01:28:23 AM »

GlacialWay

• I will love you till the end of time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 13, 2012, 06:38:16 AM »

ough maaan she's so pretty, I'm sooo keen on herrr aww x3

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 13, 2012, 03:26:33 PM »

same, if I ever get to meet her, I'm going to hit on her like no other. She's gorgeous.

audrey palmer

• *get lucky riff*
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 13, 2012, 04:23:36 PM »

meeting a fan

disco

elizabeth

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 15, 2012, 09:17:43 AM »

i had been hearing so much about lana del rey's performance on SNL
and was expecting something horrible.
then i watched it, and i was like "what the fuck is wrong with people, why is this bad???"
i can't speak for her music because i only really watched that video, and heard a bit of another song which i wasn't a big fan of
but that performance, i thought, was instead brilliant.
she seemed vulnerable, but also very certain of the image she was projecting, something like how Nico (don't get me wrong, i don't think she's the next Nico..) or Marianne Faithful perform.
very still, very somber.  i loved it.
people who ripped on that performance, Brian Williams, i mean, what the hell does brian williams the anchorman know about a good performance?  sorry to say!
just because she didn't smile or something?
station to station

lala

• Would you feel better holding the stars up?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 15, 2012, 09:26:45 AM »

i had been hearing so much about lana del rey's performance on SNL
and was expecting something horrible.
then i watched it, and i was like "what the fuck is wrong with people, why is this bad???"
i can't speak for her music because i only really watched that video, and heard a bit of another song which i wasn't a big fan of
but that performance, i thought, was instead brilliant.
she seemed vulnerable, but also very certain of the image she was projecting, something like how Nico (don't get me wrong, i don't think she's the next Nico..) or Marianne Faithful perform.
very still, very somber.  i loved it.
people who ripped on that performance, Brian Williams, i mean, what the hell does brian williams the anchorman know about a good performance?  sorry to say!
just because she didn't smile or something?

Seriously?  She barely hit a note.

Me:  We drove six hours
Andrew VanWyngarden:  Drumstick Towers?  *giggles*

elizabeth

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 15, 2012, 09:33:49 AM »

Well lala, I think you might want to re-listen because the problem is, she hit every note.

Also, that article saying Del Rey is a zero talent pop star...
the "writer" also refers to Katy Perry as if she were also zero talent and a fake, saying that Del Rey is the "indie cool"version.
It's these down in the dumps, judgy, catty journalists that i think could very well ruin the beauty of music, moreso than big labels.
This person clearly doesn't even know what they're talking about, only that they have seen Katy Perry in magazines and heard about her big production concerts and therefore she must be a gimmick.
I feel like people can learn a lot from letting successful people actually not bother them.
So many haters on MGMT, it  seems, were just people who judged their choice to be on a big label
when if they were faced with the same decision, who knows how they would have reacted.
Del Rey blew up too fast, she's too beautiful, she's not "indie" enough now.  such stupid bs.
Don't these supposedly "counterculture"journalists realize that all they ever do is basically turn their backs on very real talent?
Katy Perry, if you saw her on the grammys, was really fucking good.
She actually has that voice, but more than that, when you see Rihanna and Katy Perry sitting there, talking..it's like, you can see there's something special about them that makes them stand out. 
Maybe Del Rey being an indie cool version of katy perry is actually too much of a compliment, who am i to say.
All i know is, it's so typical and we should all remember that the glass ceiling isn't broken yet. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass_ceiling
This is also a nice read. http://kendallgoodwin.wordpress.com/2012/02/09/in-defense-of-lana-del-rey-or-why-everyone-needs-to-get-over-it/
station to station

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 15, 2012, 09:46:14 AM »

Well lala, I think you might want to re-listen because the problem is, she hit every note.

Also, that article saying Del Rey is a zero talent pop star...
the "writer" also refers to Katy Perry as if she were also zero talent and a fake, saying that Del Rey is the "indie cool"version.
It's these down in the dumps, judgy, catty journalists that i think could very well ruin the beauty of music, moreso than big labels.
This person clearly doesn't even know what they're talking about, only that they have seen Katy Perry in magazines and heard about her big production concerts and therefore she must be a gimmick.
I feel like people can learn a lot from letting successful people actually not bother them.
So many haters on MGMT, it  seems, were just people who judged their choice to be on a big label
when if they were faced with the same decision, who knows how they would have reacted.
Del Rey blew up too fast, she's too beautiful, she's not "indie" enough now.  such stupid bs.
Don't these supposedly "counterculture"journalists realize that all they ever do is basically turn their backs on very real talent?
Katy Perry, if you saw her on the grammys, was really fucking good.
She actually has that voice, but more than that, when you see Rihanna and Katy Perry sitting there, talking..it's like, you can see there's something special about them that makes them stand out. 
Maybe Del Rey being an indie cool version of katy perry is actually too much of a compliment, who am i to say.
All i know is, it's so typical and we should all remember that the glass ceiling isn't broken yet. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass_ceiling
This is also a nice read. http://kendallgoodwin.wordpress.com/2012/02/09/in-defense-of-lana-del-rey-or-why-everyone-needs-to-get-over-it/

tl;dr 
I do think she's talented, I just don't care for her voice at all.  She can sing-in that she can carry a tune, but she didn't on that particular night.  Her nerves got the best of her.  Happens to singers starting out all the time.

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 15, 2012, 09:51:12 AM »

LOL LALA TL;DR
I know you don't share my love for Lana, but I love you.

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 15, 2012, 09:57:14 AM »

LOL LALA TL;DR
I know you don't share my love for Lana, but I love you.

ily2 bb  :-*  I really do wish her the best.  I have satellite so I don't have to listen to anything I don't want to.  I'm reading the lolla forum and they are speculating on headliners that I've never even heard of! 
*crawls back into sheltered little Alt world*

kristeenuh

• HERP DERP
    • View Profile
    • Facebizzle
« Reply #145 on: February 15, 2012, 12:35:43 PM »

You know, Daisy. You and Lana both look related. But you don't have duck lips, so this is a huge compliment :)
"Who the hell is Oscar Mayer and WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT TO BE HIS WIENER?!" - my friend Roshni

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 15, 2012, 12:49:09 PM »

You know, Daisy. You and Lana both look related. But you don't have duck lips, so this is a huge compliment :)

I read that as "retarded" and was like, Who pissed in Kristina's Wheaties?

kristeenuh

• HERP DERP
    • View Profile
    • Facebizzle
« Reply #147 on: February 15, 2012, 02:04:53 PM »

LOL "YOU BOTH LOOK RETARDED" R00D XD
"Who the hell is Oscar Mayer and WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT TO BE HIS WIENER?!" - my friend Roshni

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 15, 2012, 02:25:26 PM »

LOL "YOU BOTH LOOK RETARDED" R00D XD
I'm sitting at the Spa giggling

Bubble

• Mrs. Harrison at your service
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 15, 2012, 02:55:52 PM »