MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Get the album "MGMT" on iTunes, CD, or vinyl here. Album includes the "Optimizer" listening and viewing experience.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20  All

Author Topic: Lana Del Rey  (Read 44504 times)

ac7891

• View Profile
Re: Lana Del Rey
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2012, 06:14:53 PM »

i think she has a good voice, and a cool, sad and pretty songwriting style (although i just found out she doesnt write all her own songs.... didnt know that). i didnt really like her in interviews and usually that will put me off the music, even though it shouldnt, but video games is beautiful, and the rest of her songs arent bad either. im trying not to let things like her horribly botoxed lips get in the way of her songs and i think im winning. i wonder how she'd sound with full music as opposed to her starkly minimal instrumentals, though.

Music is a feeling...

ac7891

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2012, 06:25:43 PM »

I can't get detailed because this is as inside as info gets....but her people are scrambling trying to fix her.  I mean, right at this moment.  Poor thing.  You should always stay true to who you are as an artist.

if its just cuz the snl fiasco, she should know she can outperform that. her 'people' shouldnt be trying to fix anything but her apparent stage fright.... unless of course it was just because it was her tv debut. they might also do good in fixing her self concsious girly girl image... aka the bad botox. then again if that's just who she is, she should be introduced to the health affects of botox and other cosmetic surgery, as well as it's unattractiveness.
Music is a feeling...

lala

• Would you feel better holding the stars up?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2012, 09:16:47 PM »

I can't get detailed because this is as inside as info gets....but her people are scrambling trying to fix her.  I mean, right at this moment.  Poor thing.  You should always stay true to who you are as an artist.

if its just cuz the snl fiasco, she should know she can outperform that. her 'people' shouldnt be trying to fix anything but her apparent stage fright.... unless of course it was just because it was her tv debut. they might also do good in fixing her self concsious girly girl image... aka the bad botox. then again if that's just who she is, she should be introduced to the health affects of botox and other cosmetic surgery, as well as it's unattractiveness.

It is because of SNL, but they are her "people" so.....just FYI, the lip injections aren't botox.  Botox is used for wrinkles.

Me:  We drove six hours
Andrew VanWyngarden:  Drumstick Towers?  *giggles*

ac7891

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2012, 10:35:34 PM »

its used for lips too but whatever i dont know what the en vogue way is to look like a fish these days. her people trying to fix her sounds so dirty, cant they just let a bad performance get its good press and move on? people love nothing more than to watch a bombing, especially when she comes back better. i hope they dont resort to lip synching. i feel bad cuz she was obviously just nervous and now her 'people' are probably making her feel like shit. TIS SHOW BIZ

Music is a feeling...

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2012, 08:12:11 AM »

its used for lips too but whatever i dont know what the en vogue way is to look like a fish these days. her people trying to fix her sounds so dirty, cant they just let a bad performance get its good press and move on? people love nothing more than to watch a bombing, especially when she comes back better. i hope they dont resort to lip synching. i feel bad cuz she was obviously just nervous and now her 'people' are probably making her feel like shit. TIS SHOW BIZ

I think pretty much all singers use vocal coaches.  I mean, this guy coaches Gaga.  Roger Federer has a coach.  If people at the top of their game need guidance, then surely someone can help this chick.  I don't like her voice but some people do.  Perhaps if she had a legitimate voice instructor instead of plastic surgeons and stylists, something could be made of her. 

gulsah

• View Profile
    • last.fm
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2012, 10:07:27 AM »

I actually love her lips and think she's sexy as all hell.
:X

I think reading about all of the hate and what not has turned me more on to her lol!!
But I really can not because like I keep saying... I keep only listening to two songs hahahaha

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2012, 10:15:09 AM »

I actually love her lips and think she's sexy as all hell.
:X

I think reading about all of the hate and what not has turned me more on to her lol!!
But I really can not because like I keep saying... I keep only listening to two songs hahahaha

My mother always said, It's better to be talked about than ignored.   ;)

gulsah

• View Profile
    • last.fm
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2012, 10:19:13 AM »

This is incredibly true! haha! I just feel bad for her, though.
Whatever, I feel like the hate&love is even, now. (Been seeing a lot of positive things lately)
Hyped or not, she'll die down and everyone can stfu, finally
lol!

ac7891

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2012, 01:57:52 PM »

I think pretty much all singers use vocal coaches.  I mean, this guy coaches Gaga.  Roger Federer has a coach.  If people at the top of their game need guidance, then surely someone can help this chick.  I don't like her voice but some people do.  Perhaps if she had a legitimate voice instructor instead of plastic surgeons and stylists, something could be made of her.

Totally agree. And yes any press is good!
Music is a feeling...

Daisy :)

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2012, 02:48:45 PM »

Perhaps if she had a legitimate voice instructor instead of plastic surgeons and stylists, something could be made of her.

audrey palmer

• *get lucky riff*
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2012, 04:05:19 PM »

the album just leaked and i'm listening to it now. after another time born to die is actually ok and now i'm listening to off to the races, before when i'd just read the lyrics i thought that it sounded dumb as hell (mostly because i don't want anyone quoting my favourite book in a song lol) but i actually do quite like it haha, i guess i just love the little girl voice she does in it.

disco

Daisy :)

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2012, 04:11:11 PM »

the album just leaked and i'm listening to it now. after another time born to die is actually ok and now i'm listening to off to the races, before when i'd just read the lyrics i thought that it sounded dumb as hell (mostly because i don't want anyone quoting my favourite book in a song lol) but i actually do quite like it haha, i guess i just love the little girl voice she does in it.

lol pm me the link  :-*

audrey palmer

• *get lucky riff*
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2012, 04:17:58 PM »

this is shaping up to be a really good pop album, still don't really like Video Games but she sings a lot differently in the other songs and in an over the top style that i'm a fan of when it comes to vocals. i was adamant about her being boring and cliche before but i suggest you guys to give this another listen if you didn't like her before because these songs are really fun!

disco

gulsah

• View Profile
    • last.fm
« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2012, 12:53:43 AM »

Slayed by the album, to be honest. I love her, now.
Million Dollar Man is unreal.

audrey palmer

• *get lucky riff*
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2012, 10:42:20 AM »

for me the stand out/best/awesome tracks on the first listen are born to die, off to the races (SO GOOD), radio and carmen

disco
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20  All