MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Get the album "MGMT" on iTunes, CD, or vinyl here. Album includes the "Optimizer" listening and viewing experience.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20  All

Author Topic: Lana Del Rey  (Read 43425 times)

puredaze

• Tend to the void, don't just fill it
    • View Profile
Re: Lana Del Rey
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2012, 12:35:55 PM »

Lana Del Rey mentions MGMT (MTV Interview)

-Interviewer: Brooklyn and Harlem rap right now is so ill. It’s a real New York scene forming.
-Lana: Yes, that’s what it is! When I was here, MGMT was blowing up, but after that it was like, nothing. But that’s what’s happening right now.

http://quiltuponthelawn.tumblr.com/

;D

I'm surprised she didn't sing Born to Die on SNL.

"sunny's sunnies sonny son sun sunn l(o)l sing song. - Andrew VanWyngarden"

Cool Kitten No. 2

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2012, 03:06:23 PM »

manufactured pop stars.......

you don't even need to be a great singer to make it big
meow

gulsah

• View Profile
    • last.fm
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2012, 10:03:20 PM »

I really don't get the hate for her
I think the performances were awkward but I think she's very lovely and I personally think she's sexy as fuck
:/
I still only know and am obsessed with Blue Jeans and Video Games, though LOL

I just think it's sad (Her position she's in right now.) I've only seen one person praise her so far and everyone else just keeps hating on her. She really ISN'T talent-less, though. And she isn't ugly. It's kind of annoying to me whenever ANYONE gets the amount of hate they do sometimes. She did nothing wrong, and I've heard WAY worse music. I kind of like her and I am hoping her other songs are like the two I like. I swear, Blue Jeans has been on repeat. I am in love with her voice, too. I don't get why everyone HATES her soul. :/

Abby Road

• shake it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2012, 10:18:20 PM »

I don't hate her.  I think she's incredibly pretty, but her songs are boring to me.  That's it.

gulsah

• View Profile
    • last.fm
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2012, 10:41:19 PM »

I respect people who say that but I've seen people completely hate her guts.
It's weird to me.

EDIT; I honestly find a lot of the other things I've heard to be boring as well which is why I don't even remember them lol
I didn't particularly like the demos I found on youtube (like I said... I don't even remember them) but I don't sit here saying how horrible and talent-less and ugly she is like I've seen some other people do all over the internet :|
I even went to check her last.fm page out once and it had so many bad remarks and nasty comments on it. I understand not liking someone and having an opinion but just saying NASTY things is unfair.
That is what is making me feel uneasy... the really insulting comments.

gulsah

• View Profile
    • last.fm
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2012, 10:51:18 PM »

Kay. Weird. Just got off this site and then saw someone post this
Lana Del Rey - MySpace Introduces: Lana Del Rey (Teaser : 60) [Interview]

Her voice. Lawd. I need to hear more things from her. I think I'm really digging her.

Cool Kitten No. 2

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2012, 07:48:32 AM »

idk there's just something about her that bothers me, and it's hardly even really directed at the music itself, apart from this incident where she couldn't sing live (I still struggle to see how she got booked, when there are plenty of other bands.. ugh nvm). it just feels like she's made it her 'brand' to be hipster-like, for 'cool' points. like she's trying to take advantage of that market by trying to replicate it. it's not really her. it goes hand in hand with the need for plastic surgery, the need for her to change who she originally was, to 'make it'. I don't see how anything good can be seen out of that. it just feels very fake
meow

lala

• Would you feel better holding the stars up?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2012, 08:49:27 AM »

idk there's just something about her that bothers me, and it's hardly even really directed at the music itself, apart from this incident where she couldn't sing live (I still struggle to see how she got booked, when there are plenty of other bands.. ugh nvm). it just feels like she's made it her 'brand' to be hipster-like, for 'cool' points. like she's trying to take advantage of that market by trying to replicate it. it's not really her. it goes hand in hand with the need for plastic surgery, the need for her to change who she originally was, to 'make it'. I don't see how anything good can be seen out of that. it just feels very fake

It's like when she cracked a smile and then caught herself and went back to the scowl.  Like Abby, I'm just bored by the music.  I don't see her as an artist expressing herself, so I'm just not interested.  I don't hate her-I just don't care.  What I hate is that she's about to be crammed up our asses big time. 

Me:  We drove six hours
Andrew VanWyngarden:  Drumstick Towers?  *giggles*

Daisy :)

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2012, 07:51:27 PM »

to each
his own

Bubble

• Mrs. Harrison at your service
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2012, 07:54:36 PM »

team matt.

• View Profile

Meadow

• I don't know who George Washington Is!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2012, 10:19:12 PM »

I really don't get the hate for her
I think the performances were awkward but I think she's very lovely and I personally think she's sexy as fuck
:/
I still only know and am obsessed with Blue Jeans and Video Games, though LOL

I just think it's sad (Her position she's in right now.) I've only seen one person praise her so far and everyone else just keeps hating on her. She really ISN'T talent-less, though. And she isn't ugly. It's kind of annoying to me whenever ANYONE gets the amount of hate they do sometimes. She did nothing wrong, and I've heard WAY worse music. I kind of like her and I am hoping her other songs are like the two I like. I swear, Blue Jeans has been on repeat. I am in love with her voice, too. I don't get why everyone HATES her soul. :/
Agreeeed! I listen to her every night to go to sleep, actually.
"Mmmm I love the smell of new shoes, especially Converse" -Andrew

lala

• Would you feel better holding the stars up?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2012, 10:21:42 PM »

I can't get detailed because this is as inside as info gets....but her people are scrambling trying to fix her.  I mean, right at this moment.  Poor thing.  You should always stay true to who you are as an artist. 

Me:  We drove six hours
Andrew VanWyngarden:  Drumstick Towers?  *giggles*

JessRabbit

• Not So Dumb Blonde
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2012, 11:02:18 PM »

Del Rey.. all I think of is Del Ray in Michigan an urban ass GHETTO section of Detroit. Wikipedia states her name was a result of her label to make her more street. I dont know if there is a direct correlation but nah..you aint hard girl..

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2012, 11:16:29 PM »

LANA DEL REY-BLUE JEANS

falling in love with this one
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20  All