MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Get all of the latest tour info here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: FUTURE ISLANDS  (Read 2933 times)

kristeenuh

• HERP DERP
    • View Profile
    • Facebizzle
Re: FUTURE ISLANDS
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 02:31:01 PM »

BUMP
This thread needs more love

So I saw them last night. Caitlyn knows all about that XD Here's my favorite picture.

The are so... oh my god, I can't even begin to start. They got on and Samuel was all perky and excited to be there. They played a new song for the first time. Something they had written last week. Bitchin'.

But let's get into the music. The music is so emotional and Samuel gets really into it when he performs. He'll literally go right up into your face and sing to you and you can feel everything he's singing and it just TUGS AT YOUR HEARTSTRINGS. You just want to cry sometimes when you watch him perform because you think, "Damn, this guy has been through some hell. Someone really did him wrong." He'll sit on his knees and beat his chest and clutch his heart while belting out his tunes. And on the happier songs, he'll just dance really crazy and the crowd just goes nuts. We're all literally one pulsing mass of people, swaying and rocking and tossing our sweaty heads about, arms flailing in the air. I got so fucking sweaty, but it was so fucking worth it. I got Sam's sweat on me and it was glorious XDD

SO EVERYONE SHOULD SEE THEM PLAY. LISTEN TO THEIR MUSIC. SPREAD THE WORD. THIS SHIT IS LEGIT. THIS IS WHAT REAL MUSIC IS. MUSIC YOU CAN FEEL.
"Who the hell is Oscar Mayer and WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT TO BE HIS WIENER?!" - my friend Roshni

andrewsexra

• can u feel me, quinny walker?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 10:55:32 PM »

LISTEN TO WHAT SHE SAYS. GO FORTH, FORUMERS.

reptar

• Cut the heart from a lonely life
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 10:54:34 PM »

I like their stuff, but man oh man, do I love Beach Foam  ;D  If this was the 80s, it would be a big radio hit
A writer writing at night thinks so hard about words and what they mean that the words he's thinking about turn into Ghosts. The words start to haunt him. They frighten and inspire him. -- Tales from the Late Night

andrewsexra

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 07:37:04 PM »

I'M SEEING THEM IN 6 DAYS

THEN AGAIN THE DAY AFTER THAT
OH GOD

andrewsexra

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 04:21:01 PM »

So as you all know I was supposed to see Future Islands open for Passion Pit tomorrow, but the show was cancelled.

However, Future Islands scrambled and is playing a free show tonight in Nashville (wow) and re-scheduled all of the cancelled shows quickly enough for me to know that tomorrow I am now heading to North Carolina for their $5 show in Asheville.

I fucking spam the shit out of this thread because I'm really disappointed that not enough of you guys have given this band a shot. They work really hard and make super solid music, and they deserve at least a listen.

Fuck they're amazing.

Hunter Clark

• gone with the wind fabulous.
    • View Profile
    • facebook page
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 09:02:21 PM »

You should come pick me up and take me with you. Lololol.
6-18-10 8-14-10 10-29-10 11-4-10 4-29-11 7-13-13 11-27-13 6-17-14

puredaze

• Tend to the void, don't just fill it
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2012, 05:10:42 PM »

I've listened a bit and I like so far :)

"sunny's sunnies sonny son sun sunn l(o)l sing song. - Andrew VanWyngarden"

mssaram

• View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2012, 10:36:24 AM »

So excited to see them on Saturday!!!  :D
And you can bet your ass Ill be posting a flurry of photos too..  ;D

andrewsexra

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2012, 07:53:11 PM »

Speaking of I should put up my videos
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZkMh_pS6m-I&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZkMh_pS6m-I&amp;feature=player_embedded</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hskHGLOygDU&amp;feature=relmfu" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hskHGLOygDU&amp;feature=relmfu</a>

THey played 4 new songs-one i didn't record because it's actually so good i couldn't even think straight. Two nights in a row and i couldn't record the damn song. Now it's always in my head but i forget how half of it goes -__-

but the one i DID get is an addiction ON THE REALS

Abby Road

• shake it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2012, 10:10:22 PM »

^Random, but nice avvy.  That bish is crazy!

andrewsexra

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2012, 10:59:46 PM »

^Random, but nice avvy.  That bish is crazy!

i personally get caught up in my sig, but yeah, she be crazys XD

WeenieHutJr

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2012, 11:45:43 PM »

aubrey plaza is the shit...

on a related note, this band confused me the first time I listened. Which is good, all my favorite bands confuse me at first (mgmt being an obvious example). At first I wasn't sure if they were just a generic synthpop kind of band but the more I listen the more it seems unique. They intrigue me, I'm going to keep listening. His voice is weird as hell.

andrewsexra

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2012, 12:52:13 AM »

aubrey plaza is the shit...

on a related note, this band confused me the first time I listened. Which is good, all my favorite bands confuse me at first (mgmt being an obvious example). At first I wasn't sure if they were just a generic synthpop kind of band but the more I listen the more it seems unique. They intrigue me, I'm going to keep listening. His voice is weird as hell.
i have yet to find a band that is like them.
glad ya gonna keep listening :D

mssaram

• View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2012, 03:12:24 PM »

They were so amazing yesterday! MY GOD!!! I really hope they come back here soon. I might travel to see them on their upcoming tour in September but we'll see. If they're touring with Gardens & Villa, which I will explode if they do, I WILL go to at least one show. I know they're doing one or two together but Im not sure if they're with them the whole way..Believe me, Ive been looking into it. lol

What I love about them is not only do they give it their all in the performance, the banter in between is hilarious and Sam knows how to get the crowd going. It was hilarious. Yesterday their set was pretty early and Sam was all "We're gettin' pretty emotional for 4:30" Then he went on about this is their second time in Sacramento and the first time was in 2008 at a house party which he's pretty sure was for a witch coven. LOL Then he mentioned how he was hoping not to rip his pants because he did the night before at a show! He didn't though! Haha! Later in the set he realized there was a huge screen behind him showing the performance. When he turned around to see it, he was basically looking at the back of his head and he said, "Oh my bald spot is looking pretty prominent today" or something along those lines. It was pretty hilarious.

I know I'm talking about Gardens & Villa a lot but when they were performing, G&V were setting up at the stage next to them. I went over to the stage G&V were on since it was filling up pretty quickly (it was the only shady area) and I felt like I was the only person at the G&V stage paying attention to Future Islands and so it was pretty cool because G&V were just enchanted by them they kept stopping their set up to watch and they were dancing and singing along. I think they noticed I was in the front of their stage and was the only one paying attention to Future Islands and I was dancing and singing along. This guy to the right of me on the barrier kept trying to get Adam's attention from G&V and was throwing this stupid beach ball on the stage to have him throw it back to him. Well when Adam threw it back, the guy was going to throw it again and Adam (nicely) gestured to him that he should be watching Future Islands. Haha! I loved it! Then when G&V went on after Future Islands, they announced how it was such an honor to be going after them because they're one of their favorite bands. Afterwards when I talked to Chris from G&V he randomly brought up how it was awesome they were hanging out with Future Islands backstage. Like he was a fanboy or something. I loved it. Anyway, they're so great. I didn't get any video, but I did get some pretty nice shots.

I love this one..so much emotion!!

andrewsexra

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2012, 08:15:25 PM »

he is literally perfect , he's hysterical!

ugh i'm srsly thinking about going to fyf fest....ahhhg

*EDIT*

DID YOU GET ANY FOOTAGE?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All