MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Andrew @ John Wesley Harding's Cabinet Of Wonders in NYC  (Read 11012 times)

Luna

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Andrew @ John Wesley Harding's Cabinet Of Wonders in NYC
« on: September 16, 2011, 06:21:02 PM »

Tickets are still available to see Andrew at John Wesley Harding's Cabinet Of Wonders in NYC on 9/23.  You can grab some good seats here.  Here's the info:

After a sold out first season, John Wesley Harding's Cabinet Of Wonders returns to City Winery for a second season this fall. The original Cabinet of Wonders were precursors to the modern museum; a microcosm of the world itself. John Wesley Harding's Cabinet of Wonders does much the same, with added rock'n'roll.

These shows, featuring a host of specially invited guests from the worlds of comedy, literature, arts and music realms, have something for everyone. The Cabinet of Wonders show is a sure-fire way to engage with an eclectic group of talented performers.

September 23rd Line up:

Jami Attenberg
Todd Barry
Eleanor Friedberger
Andrew VanWyngarden
Tony Visconti
Dan Zanes
Joe Pernice

Bubble

• Mrs. Harrison at your service
    • View Profile
Re: Andrew @ John Wesley Harding's Cabinet Of Wonders in NYC
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 08:51:12 PM »

hey Andrew make sure to impress Tony Visconti.

lwongchai

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 05:46:13 PM »

got a front row seat and will be seeing you in four more days!! coming all the way from connecticut

lala

• Would you feel better holding the stars up?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 05:48:02 PM »

got a front row seat and will be seeing you in four more days!! coming all the way from connecticut

Holy shit!!!  All the way from Connecticut?!?!?!?!

Me:  We drove six hours
Andrew VanWyngarden:  Drumstick Towers?  *giggles*

briangonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 07:12:35 PM »

Holly Cow I'm flyin in from L.A. I cant wait.

Mickey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 11:11:17 AM »

I'm heading out to NYC after work tomorrow! Even though I do not know exactly what this will entail, I am still really excited!

audrey palmer

• *get lucky riff*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 03:38:26 PM »

pleeeeeeeaaaaase take lots of pictures and videos if you can and be sure to come back here and tell us what it was like  :)

disco

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 03:46:23 PM »

I'm heading out to NYC after work tomorrow! Even though I do not know exactly what this will entail, I am still really excited!

Have fun Mickey!

Sizzle

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 09:18:03 PM »

I'm really curious as to what this event will be like, so make sure to report back  ;D

briangonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 08:33:39 AM »

I am flyin right now. 20000 feet. I think andrew might dj
. But i will try to document as much as i can.

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 08:50:24 AM »

He'll be performing

mssaram

• View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 10:55:29 AM »

Have an amazing time!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!  ;D

gulsah

• View Profile
    • last.fm
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2011, 01:16:30 AM »

I had SOOOOOOOO much fun at the event! John Wesley Harding is SUCH a corn ball, but, it was so funny!
&Tony Visconti's reading was awesome. I loved Dan Zanes! The comedian was pretty funny... I got the creeps from him sometimes (AND I CAN'T! He came up to my best friend and I after the show and we told him he was funny and he just kept sticking around by us and like... never talked until we did. At first I just thought he was nice but then the feeling of him being a creep came back to me hahaha)
It was just SUCH a happy place to be! The venue was also REALLY nice and I will definitely be going back!
I'm not going to say much about Andrew's performances because I videoed them all for y'all ;)
I'm uploading them right now!
It's so funny because I totally got a blast from the past when he was up. At times you just completely forgot you were in 2011. He had this turtle neck looking get up too which added to his voice and the music and just.... it was just really cool haha.
All of the guests then performed a T-Rex song together, it was awesome. &Then one last song. I have those recorded too :]
I just couldn't stop smiling the whole night! Everything was so brilliant to watch!

After the show I got to meet Andrew!! If it weren't for my best friend, I wouldn't have gotten to, so, I'm very thankful she forced me to hahaha.
I am first of all an awkward mess in any social situations and secondly, I am a very polite person. SO, the fact that I saw girls lining up to the stage waiting to talk to him made me a HUGE mess because I thought it was SOOO awkward to do that. Actually, I didn't know this but when he was on the stage my best friend said he glanced over and saw us walking there and gave her a weird look... LOL but besides that, some girls talked to him... I felt weird... the security guard told us we have to leave. So we start heading out and then my best friend goes "WAIT! He's behind us! just go!!" So I walk over and there's more girls and his friends so I feel like I'm #1. awkward for waiting. #2. invading his personal time with his friends (and a girl who was very touchy with him) but alas, my best friend kept telling me to just talk to him. SO, my turn (lol) comes up and I first tell him that it was awkward waiting to speak to him LOL he was just like "yeah..."
&I'm so embarrassed! I felt so pressed since I thought I was invading his space so I didn't thank him and MGMT as a full and that's one thing I'm DYING to get off of my chest haha. I just went straight in and told him I had a question about writing. He seemed interested & got more comfortable when answering the question, though, he did not look at me once... he kept staring at the floor... which made me feel weirder.... and he gave me and answer that I already knew (I'm glad he thinks the same way as I do, though) so I wanted to ask my question a different way and in the middle of me saying something a lady comes and tells him how good he was & he went into talking to her. I felt SO weird lolol. She left & he came back and said "I'm sorry! I have to go!" AND SILLY 'OL ME JUST WANTED TO GTFO OUT OF THERE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE HAHA! So it was a REALLY awkward goodbye, it looked like he was waiting for me to ask for a photo or something more but I just took off and on my way leaving I just said thank you & bye. hahaha OH LAWD! I really wish I wasn't a mess. Now, I have to wait for another chance to thank them. I'm so happy he got to answer my question, I really would have loved for a longer conversation because I feel like I had sooo much more I could have talked about, but, alas... the man has a life to get to and I'm just another fan. Very awkward, but, he is really a comfortable person to talk to! He didn't make me nervous to the point where I stumble on my words... which happens a lot. I'm so so so so happy with how the event overall turned out to be! A wonderful experience! :]

hello constipation face

Congratulations
"It's muffled and you can't see anything, but, that's because I felt awkward at first. I didn't know if I could tape or not so I left it in my bag. My apologies."
Andrew Vanwyngarden singing Congratulations

1:03 is when he starts

A Day In The Life Of A Tree cover
Andrew Vanwyngarden covers The Beach Boys

*dunno why all of these videos look so much further than what it was in person

House on the Hill cover
Andrew Vanwyngarden covers Epic Soundtracks

Someone Who Cares cover
Andrew Vanwyngarden covers The Only Ones

Hot Love cover
Tony Visconti talks in the beginning about it & Most of the guests perform it together
Cabinet of Wonders cover T-Rex

I have another video coming but it's 4 AM and I need some sleep soooooooooooo tomorrow :]
It's just the last thing of the show. Another performance with all of them.

EDIT; Omgosh! I didn't realize how big the photos were! Sorry guys!!!

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2011, 05:44:45 AM »

I'm so glad you guys had fun!  Thanks for taking the time to post  :-*

Sizzle

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2011, 09:05:29 AM »

Thanks for the reviews and videos guys!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All