MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Get the new album MGMT on iTunes, CD, or vinyl here. Album includes the "Optimizer" listening and viewing experience.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: GROUPLOVE  (Read 4898 times)

andrewsexra

• can u feel me, quinny walker?
    • View Profile
GROUPLOVE
« on: August 23, 2011, 09:39:10 PM »

I feel like this band is about to make as big of a wave as Foster the People did....

Their album comes out Sept. 13th and a few of the songs are out with music videos...every song I've heard is a hit, and they're so incredible live. I'm hoping everyone on here starts to fall in love with them soon too!

Here are some of their songs:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/oCLek4aSpbo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/oCLek4aSpbo</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1x1wjGKHjBI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/1x1wjGKHjBI</a>
this one is live, but pretty good quality. i get this stuck in my head a lot so prepare for that
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/RK4prrTmL5k" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/RK4prrTmL5k</a>

DISCUSS YOUR LOVE FOR THEM, LEAVE HATE OUT OF HERE, I DON'T TAKE KINDLY TO IT.

lala

• Would you feel better holding the stars up?
    • View Profile
Re: GROUPLOVE
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 09:52:13 PM »

I was waiting for you to do this!  Ailsa and I are in love.  Here are my pics from Lolla and OL

Me:  We drove six hours
Andrew VanWyngarden:  Drumstick Towers?  *giggles*

mssaram

• View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 11:17:36 PM »

Im honestly surprised this thread didn't exist before now! I love them toooo! I actually spent part of my evening looking up videos of theirs tonight! haha! I also didn't realize that their song "Don't Say Oh Well" was in a Chevy commercial until last night! I heard it when it was on the other night and instantly recognized it! It's a great one indeed...  :)

I absolutely loved their set at Outside Lands! They had a lot of energy and their music just = happiness!! Im glad I got to share that moment with some of you  :-*  :-*

Both of your photos are way better, but here are a couple of mine:

(stupid poles!)

Bubble

• Mrs. Harrison at your service
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 12:42:23 AM »

I got this in my mail and i thought of you guys.

http://www.daytrotter.com/dt/grouplove-concert/20054822-3738409.html?utm_source=NL&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=110824DT

I don't know if you already heard it but whatevz  :)

team matt.

mssaram

• View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 10:29:07 AM »

I was actually going to post that in here sometime today! It's actually a really great session and if you don't want to spend any money on their music you can download those tracks for free! Daytrotter rules!

misty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 07:02:55 PM »

Some had pineapple juice in them...ewww lol

Not a great photo but at least you can see them...somewhat

All veils and misty   Streets of blue   Almond looks  That chill divine   Some silken moment  Goes on forever 
 And we're leaving broken hearts behind

andrewsexra

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 12:09:22 AM »

LOL i see myself in that first pic misty!!

misty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 09:42:45 AM »

OMG ...lol yes I see you too :)
All veils and misty   Streets of blue   Almond looks  That chill divine   Some silken moment  Goes on forever 

audrey palmer

• *get lucky riff*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 07:55:33 PM »

After you guys have said so much about them I checked them out and they're really good. Indie pop in the best possible way. I've only been able to find the EP so far, where are you guys getting the other songs? I've been itching to go to a gig before the holiday ends and I saw they were playing at XOYO for only 8 so I'm seeing them on Monday. They also have a free instore at Rough Trade tomorrow, on the website it says you have to buy the album to get a wristband but it's not out til the fifth so I'm not sure, either way I think I'm going to go to that because it seems fun!

disco

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 08:00:55 PM »

After you guys have said so much about them I checked them out and they're really good. Indie pop in the best possible way. I've only been able to find the EP so far, where are you guys getting the other songs? I've been itching to go to a gig before the holiday ends and I saw they were playing at XOYO for only 8 so I'm seeing them on Monday. They also have a free instore at Rough Trade tomorrow, on the website it says you have to buy the album to get a wristband but it's not out til the fifth so I'm not sure, either way I think I'm going to go to that because it seems fun!

Ahhhh!!!  You're so lucky!  I guess you pre-buy the album or maybe they have them in advance.  Enjoy!!!!

andrewsexra

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 10:52:38 PM »

LUCKY PAIGEE!

go immediately and take PICTURES!

Christian and Hannah cut their hair and I'm secretly dying to know how fierce Hannah looks.

Also, I'm getting really pumped to review their album, honey pie is getting it to me a little in advance, hehe

misty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2011, 11:10:24 AM »

I read somewhere they are classified as "Freakfolk music"...........wtf does that even mean? lol

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2011, 11:34:44 AM »

I read somewhere they are classified as "Freakfolk music"...........wtf does that even mean? lol

I'm so bored with all of these ridiculous classifications and labels.  They're just fucking good and fun.

mssaram

• View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2011, 11:43:35 AM »

What the..?? That's a weird category for them to be associated with. On Spin they pretty much summed them up: Musical Anti-Depressant! lol

Paige you are so freakin' lucky! Im glad you're getting into them! Once you see them live you will be in LOVE!

So last night my boyfriend was playing his new Madden game on that just came out this week and they have Colours in the soundtrack! I got a little excited and started belting the song in our living room. It's kind of weird to have that song in a soundtrack for a football game but I thought it was pretty awesome.

audrey palmer

• *get lucky riff*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2011, 04:31:10 PM »

Ok so I went to see them today! It was kind of a long day and I kind of had to lie about some things to my mother and got really stressed out but it was good in the end! I got to Rough Trade East (the record store where it was happening) just before 3pm - see I can be like you guys and get to concerts early! - and they had to album for sale to get a ticket to the instore, you can get a free wristband if you turn up an hour before but I wanted to be sure.

I spent three hours getting lunch, shopping and reading and then walked back over to the store just an hour before the gig was going to start. To my luck they were soundchecking! They did Gold Coast and then went off to have a break. Christian's hair is just a bit shorter and Hannah's is about chin length.
I can't remember the exact order but they played Don't Say Oh Well, Itchin' On A Photograph, Lovely Cup, Gold Coast, Spun, Naked Kids, Tongue Tied and Colours. Before the last song they did a raffle and two people got to win a drawing by Hannah  :)

Def. more excited to see them on Monday now and I'm going to listen to the new album now!

disco
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All