MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Get all of the latest tour info here.

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: MGMT @ Estrella Levante SOS 4.8  (Read 4871 times)

TheWhistle

• what's up with that?
    • View Profile
MGMT @ Estrella Levante SOS 4.8
« on: March 26, 2011, 07:27:23 AM »

hi, I'd like to start with: THIS IS IMPORTANT!! hi :)

I'm going to Barcelona with a tourist agency, from 3th to 7 6th May and I succeeded to convince my parents to let me (and my friend) go to festival in Murcia, since we're already in Spain. The problem is: they don't let me go with train/bus/plane or any kind of public transport where it's possible to get lost (I know we would handle it but parents are freaking out, it's a good thing they even let us go there alone  :-\) so what I'm looking for is some kind of organised transport directly to the festival (and back to Barcelona - they also don't let us fly home from Murcia. stupidity  >:( i think they hope I won't find a way to do it..but i have to!) (aand i didn't.)
we're really only going there for MGMT x) we'd pay for transport, of course! (nevermind)
please, write if you have any suggestions, even if just for one-way.
no need for that anymore  :-\  :)

Just write if you'll be there :)
Consider how small you are compared to your scream
The human dream doesn't mean shit to a tree

Jools

• View Profile
Re: MGMT @ Estrella Levante SOS 4.8
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 05:35:32 PM »

I'm going there by car, but there's only one place left as we're already four..
I think the cheapest and safest way to get there would be the train, or you could search if someone is already going there and willing to give you a lift (here for example http://www.carpoolworld.com/carpool_SPAIN.html).
Or another way to find people who's going there is Couchsurfing.org, you should check it out and ask there. Maybe you're lucky and you find someone! There's a lot of nice people there.
But I'm not sure of how your parents would take it if they don't let you go by train...
Where are you staying?

TheWhistle

• what's up with that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 05:34:21 PM »

hi, thanks for your reply and all the info :) but it looks like i won't go after all - the agency made some changes, they booked flight back on 6th May which is on the day of their gig..I've been arguing with my parents about it A LOT but. :-[ guess I'm gonna have to wait for the next oppurtunity..an that suuucks i can't believe it -.- so much would be different if i was two years older arghhh  >:(

I hope at least you'll enjoy it!! double-enjoy it. for me x)

+ I'm staying in Hotel Front Maritim in Barcelona..I think it's quite close to the beach .) are you from barcelona? :)

Sizzle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 09:41:23 AM »

How come I hadn't seen this thread?  ;D

Jools

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 10:12:06 AM »

hi, thanks for your reply and all the info :) but it looks like i won't go after all - the agency made some changes, they booked flight back on 6th May which is on the day of their gig..I've been arguing with my parents about it A LOT but. :-[ guess I'm gonna have to wait for the next oppurtunity..an that suuucks i can't believe it -.- so much would be different if i was two years older arghhh  >:(

I hope at least you'll enjoy it!! double-enjoy it. for me x)

+ I'm staying in Hotel Front Maritim in Barcelona..I think it's quite close to the beach .) are you from barcelona? :)

That sucks! :( Well there will be more opportunities, don't worry!
I'm not from Barcelona but I'm living here now, it's a cool city but too big for me, I can't imagine myself living here forever... Hope you like it!

;D

TheWhistle

• what's up with that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 07:28:23 AM »

are you going? :)

[/quote]

I'm not from Barcelona but I'm living here now, it's a cool city but too big for me, I can't imagine myself living here forever... Hope you like it!

oh that's cool! :) i actually can't wait to go, i'm pretty sure i'm gonna like it :) i hope it's gonna be sunny, because the weather here right now sucks x)
do you have any suggestions for places to visit, that aren't really tourist attractions or sth? :)

lala

• Would you feel better holding the stars up?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 07:30:10 AM »

It wasn't in the Bieber thread

Me:  We drove six hours
Andrew VanWyngarden:  Drumstick Towers?  *giggles*

Jools

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 05:01:47 PM »

are you going? :)

oh that's cool! :) i actually can't wait to go, i'm pretty sure i'm gonna like it :) i hope it's gonna be sunny, because the weather here right now sucks x)
do you have any suggestions for places to visit, that aren't really tourist attractions or sth? :)
[/quote]

For me the best thing to do is to get lost in the Gothic Quarter (Barri G̣tic), that's the first place where I take my friends who come to visit the city. Also the Ciutadella Park is nice to just chill for a while, or the beach! It's not the best beach at all, but it's great to have it that close to the city centre. I don't know.. the city itself is very touristic.

Sizzle

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 12:50:33 PM »

It wasn't in the Bieber thread

Jools

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 12:37:26 PM »

Please let's all think positive thoughts for my car so it can be fixed on time an take us to Murcia!!!  :'(

Sizzle

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 12:55:48 PM »

Please let's all think positive thoughts for my car so it can be fixed on time an take us to Murcia!!!  :'(

Sizzle

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2011, 10:08:07 PM »

I'm ready.

Jools

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2011, 10:16:56 PM »

Fairytale of Hurt

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2011, 05:44:08 PM »

Lay by me and we'll erode as gently as we can into twilight

framboise

• View Profile

-Rose-

• View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2011, 06:00:07 PM »

vv

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2011, 09:44:08 AM »

I was there and I loved it, it was really fucking fantastic! I just wanted to ask if anybody knew which song they played before siberian breaks, it was a short song in which andrew played acoustic guitar and it was beautiful

iema

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2011, 10:03:06 AM »

I think it was Pieces of What

Ninko

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2011, 03:53:06 AM »

It was indeed Pieces of What. I think they played 12 songs which was pretty good, no encore. They are tired and Andrew said it was their last show on tour. They so deserve a break. This was my third show and I only love them more. There was the horse head again.
She'd fit inside my heart and take it over 'til her cape got blown into my red red lungs

Sizzle

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2011, 06:34:12 AM »

It was indeed Pieces of What. I think they played 12 songs which was pretty good, no encore. They are tired and Andrew said it was their last show on tour. They so deserve a break. This was my third show and I only love them more. There was the horse head again.

omg I remember that, so random :D

Ninko

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2011, 08:27:34 AM »

IKR? This guy was standing behind me and was in a pretty happy spirits, I mean we all were, duh. At one point he shoved his way to the front and ladies were very reluctant to give him their spot, but we understood when he pulled out the horse head and then jumped over the fence. But basically there was a bunch of things flying through the air, umbrellas, panties, scarves, bras,... I had so much fun :)
She'd fit inside my heart and take it over 'til her cape got blown into my red red lungs

Sizzle

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2011, 08:40:29 AM »

IKR? This guy was standing behind me and was in a pretty happy spirits, I mean we all were, duh. At one point he shoved his way to the front and ladies were very reluctant to give him their spot, but we understood when he pulled out the horse head and then jumped over the fence. But basically there was a bunch of things flying through the air, umbrellas, panties, scarves, bras,... I had so much fun :)

I was at the front so I didn't see all that. Damn, now I'm jealous. I just remember he appeared on stage out of nowhere and I thought he was part of the show - cause he and Andrew were dancing together - until security took him out.

Ninko

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2011, 08:47:28 AM »

I was at the front so I didn't see all that. Damn, now I'm jealous. I just remember he appeared on stage out of nowhere and I thought he was part of the show - cause he and Andrew were dancing together - until security took him out.

Just before he went up, he said I think now's the time to do it to his friend. I also remember the swiftness and the ease with which he climbed on the stage :) testosterone... 

Sizzle

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2011, 08:57:52 AM »

Just before he went up, he said I think now's the time to do it to his friend. I also remember the swiftness and the ease with which he climbed on the stage :) testosterone... 

Really, it looked like it was part of the show. That's how good he did it :D

Charlotte Sometimes.

• ♫*Music Is My Everything*♫
    • View Profile
    • ~ My youtube channel ~
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2011, 12:11:45 PM »

... at first I also thought that the boy with the horse head was one of their friends but then I saw the security man taking him away  ;) ... I saw though the screen Will glasses falling on the floor ...  I was on the first line but I wasn't able to see Matt 'on person' so I peeked on the screen from time to time to see him  :) 

@Ninko why didn't you tell us that you were coming? We could had meet up  ;)
~ Please,ignore the above post.It was written only to invoke pity and/or sympathy and/or laughs. ~
<- Does it bother you that the picture doesn't show?

Ninko

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2011, 01:05:06 PM »

... at first I also thought that the boy with the horse head was one of their friends but then I saw the security man taking him away  ;) ... I saw though the screen Will glasses falling on the floor ...  I was on the first line but I wasn't able to see Matt 'on person' so I peeked on the screen from time to time to see him  :) 

Thank you :)
I initially really wanted very much to, but then in the midst of work, planning (because Murcia was just one stop in Spain), my plan fell through... :-\ I'm bummed now, I don't wanna miss another opportunity to meet beautiful people from the forum.

Sizzle

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2011, 04:33:49 PM »

Thank you :)
I initially really wanted very much to, but then in the midst of work, planning (because Murcia was just one stop in Spain), my plan fell through... :-\ I'm bummed now, I don't wanna miss another opportunity to meet beautiful people from the forum.

You should've told us! It would've been cool to see you  ;D next time you're in bcn, let me know.

Jools

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2011, 04:57:54 AM »

Sizzle

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2011, 08:46:42 AM »

http://vimeo.com/23490070

I never realized just how many people were there until I see videos like this

TheWhistle

• what's up with that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2011, 03:55:41 AM »

that's totally random but did anyone see a guy with a panda bear hat there?

Jools

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2011, 04:14:08 AM »

No... or at least I don't remember that. Where was he?

Sizzle

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2011, 08:44:23 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NQwc-KhR94s" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NQwc-KhR94s</a>

TheWhistle

• what's up with that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2011, 09:23:18 AM »

hahah awesome!

Sizzle

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2011, 09:43:12 AM »