MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Get all of the latest tour info here.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: PANDA BEAR LP MIXED AT MGMT STUDIOS BY SONIC BOOM  (Read 16870 times)

sonic boom

• View Profile
PANDA BEAR LP MIXED AT MGMT STUDIOS BY SONIC BOOM
« on: January 20, 2011, 01:56:50 PM »

for anyone looking for more info on the new Panda Bear l.p. , heres our 'mixers press release ' .

fans of psychedelia might also want to look out for two 'record store days ' 7'' s both remixed / remastered by me .
Red Crayola -Hurricane fighter plane (sonic boom remix) b\w Pink Stainless tail (sonic boom remaster)  PLUS
 the 13th Floor Elevators - May the Circle Remain Unbroken (sonic boom remix)  b/w Wait For My Love (sonic boom remaster) .

I have also just remastered the whole of the the RED CRAYOLA's PARABLE OF ARABLE LAND  & also  GOD BLESS THE RED CRAYOLA AND ALL WHO SAIL WITH HER l.p.'s for the first time .

Finally , two remixes of MOON DUO ( Wooden Shijps side project ) for a bonus disc with there upcoming LP for ROUGH TRADE records .

BIG thank u 2 Andrew ,Ben ,MGMT ,their managment and Nick Kramer for letting me work ,stay with them and have access to the studio .

more good news soon............
    pk                                                                                       xx

start press release :

SONIC BOOM . PANDA BEAR . COLLABORATE ON NEW PANDA BEAR LP.

PANDA BEAR  the sublime and transcendental side-project of ANIMAL COLLECTIVE member NOAH LENNOX releases TOMBOY  - the intensely awaited new LP. on April 19th 2011

The worldwide release on the bands own PAW TRACKS imprint of the 50 minute eleven song album will feature totally new mixes , arrangements & sleevenotes  by SPACEMEN 3 & SPECTRUM founder SONIC BOOM .

As well as his extensive career as a musician and performer, SONIC has been involved in numerous projects throughout since the 1980s Having recently produced and mixed records for MGMT (Congratulations)  Dean & Britta (Andy Warhol's 13 Most Beautiful , Backpages & Sonic Souvenirs)  Cheval Sombre (1st lp & forthcoming new lp ) , Moon Duo , the Red Crayola & the 13th Floor Elevators - as well as his longtime work with such luminaries as Delia Derbyshire ,Stereolab ,Silver Apples ,Kevin Shields & numerous others.

SONIC BOOM aka PETER KEMBER contacted Noah in 2008 after hearing the highly acclaimed PERSON PITCH and then seeing his first band name-checked on the sleeve . At this time he expressed a strong desire to collaborate , which finally culminated in PANDA BEAR and SONIC working together to put together this  l.p. of new mixes .

Entirely different to the previously released limited edition 7" single series , this record is a culmination of 3 years work and includes some entirely new material. Handed over to Sonic for mixing ,the two collaborated between New York ,Rugby & Lisbon .

As well as mixing , Specially recorded new parts by SONIC BOOM are  featured on the disc , With all extra recording and mixing work being done at  MGMT's New York BLANKER UNSINN studios .

TOMBOY is the fourth PANDA BEAR long player and will be released on multiple formats including a special hi-fidelity DMM vinyl version on colour vinyl , Compact Disc , and a limited edition BOX SET of 12'' singles .

TOMBOY Tracklisting :

YOU CAN COUNT ON ME
    TOMBOY
    SLOW MOTION
    SURFERS HYMN
    LAST NIGHT AT THE JETTY
    DRONE

ALSATIAN DARN
    SCHEHEREZADE
    FRIENDSHIP BRACELET
    AFTERBURNER
    BENFICA

The album was recorded in Lisbon , Portugal by Panda Bear .  Mixed in New York at Blanker Unsinn by Sonic Boom.  Mix Engineered by Sonic Boom & Nick Kramer . Extra recording by Sonic boom . Mastering by Sonic Boom & Joe Lambert .

for further info & interview requests please contact :
    Samantha Tyson ( for  Sonic Boom )  littlemissmanagement@hotmail.co.uk

regards
  pete k                                  xx

lala

• Would you feel better holding the stars up?
    • View Profile
Re: PANDA BEAR LP MIXED AT MGMT STUDIOS BY SONIC BOOM
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 02:19:37 PM »

Christmas has come 11 months early this year!  Wow pk!  Thanks for all the goodies  ;)

Me:  We drove six hours
Andrew VanWyngarden:  Drumstick Towers?  *giggles*

audrey palmer

• *get lucky riff*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 02:41:09 PM »

TRACK LISTING FUCK YES!!!!!!

Pete, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you! You continue to bless me with such beautiful music.  :-* :-* :-*

SCHEHEREZADE
FRIENDSHIP BRACELET
AFTERBURNER

^these are brand new songs for me!!!
Could you tell me Pete, possibly, do any of these new songs above happen to feature a King Tubby sample?

I'm surprised also to see that the song 'Bullseye' featured on many live performances isn't on the album, perhaps it has a different title?

If you could tell us any more Pete, PLEASE DO. I would LOVE to hear what it was like working with Noah etc. I am a MASSIVE fan of Animal Collective and all related artists/side-projects.  :)

disco

audrey palmer

• *get lucky riff*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 02:48:25 PM »

Hey Pete, another question (if you choose to answer it that is!). Sorry to double post but I just want to make sure that you see.

Would you say that the new mixes of the previously released singles (Slow Motion, You Can Count On Me, Tomboy, Alsatian Darn, Last Night At The Jetty etc.) sound drastically different on the album or is the change more subtle? I welcome either, I'm just curious to know.

disco

sonic boom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 04:45:44 PM »

SCHEHEREZADE
FRIENDSHIP BRACELET
AFTERBURNER

^these are brand new songs for me!!!
Could you tell me Pete, possibly, do any of these new songs above happen to feature a King Tubby sample?

I'm surprised also to see that the song 'Bullseye' featured on many live performances isn't on the album, perhaps it has a different title?

If you could tell us any more Pete, PLEASE DO. I would LOVE to hear what it was like working with Noah etc. I am a MASSIVE fan of Animal Collective and all related artists/side-projects.  :)

[/quote]

heya -
  yeah . correct . Bullseye is now called AFTERBURNER .
 samples ?? surely not...... i'm SURE Noah did it all by his self ?? tschsch....
 Slow Motion sounds like King Tubby in 7th heaven though.......I got into a tangle with a moisturizer spring reverb .....I'm not sure i'll ever be the same again ......
the mixes are sympatheyically drastically differant .
Noah sez he prefers them to his own mixes.........but , awww....i dunno .

Noah ? I cant make deceive I'm any authority really . long years , short months ,quick days ......... But , for my part he's been a sweetheart. Charming , generous , sensitive , intuitive .
   y'know , yer average wunderkind ........
 He reminds me quite a lot of a couple of sweet guys not too far from here.......not to say they're identikit by ANY means .
 But theres a je ne sais pas quoi going on . A spark .
  I guess he very much lives up to the image u might have from his music .
 Sometimes things are just THAT great....
  Don't I have the best job in the world ???
 My works a dream & my dreams are work .....

I had a motto instilled in me at school by the victorian architecht & medieaval revivalist -PUGIN - who had built the school i attended . Interwoven in the elaborate design were many 'truisms' -worthy of Jenny Holzer -the one that resounds to this day - WORK AS IF YOU WOULD LIVE FOR EVER ,LIVE AS IF YOU'D DIE TOMMORROW ..........
   In that , I am immortal . And yet still Dieing
  I love my work like I love my wife . I'd be nothing without either .
       pk                                          xxx

framboise

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 05:24:44 PM »

thanks for all the new info mr.boom, really appreciate it, and can't wait to hear the new stuff!

Chumbum2.0

• how do i do "the thing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 05:28:34 PM »

Thank you, Regis.
Praise the Lard.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

jcj

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 08:09:52 PM »

fans of psychedelia might also want to look out for two 'record store days ' 7'' s both remixed / remastered by me .
Red Crayola -Hurricane fighter plane (sonic boom remix) b\w Pink Stainless tail (sonic boom remaster)  PLUS
 the 13th Floor Elevators - May the Circle Remain Unbroken (sonic boom remix)  b/w Wait For My Love (sonic boom remaster) .

I have also just remastered the whole of the the RED CRAYOLA's PARABLE OF ARABLE LAND  & also  GOD BLESS THE RED CRAYOLA AND ALL WHO SAIL WITH HER l.p.'s for the first time .

This excites me tremendously.  8)
Never get so attached to a poem
you forget truth that lacks lyricism
and never draw so close to heat
that you forget that you must eat

alessandra

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 09:33:38 PM »

HUZZAH! CAN'T WAIT, THANKS FOR ALL THE INSIDE INFO, Pete! BTW, THIS THREAD IS ALT-REPORT FAMOUS: http://www.hipsterrunoff.com/altreport/2011/01/panda-bear-releases-official-tomboy-tracklist-posting-it-mgmt-forum.html

gulsah

• View Profile
    • last.fm
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 11:02:14 PM »

That link just made me want to smack curb stomp the delusion & stupidity out of that person who wrote that.
Isn't this that annoying ass website that keeps being posted on this forum?
It's funny that they gave the forum a shout out, how nice  :D

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2011, 06:34:33 AM »

Carles is truly a bitter little asshat isn't he?

Pete, if Carles doesn't like you, it just proves that you're a bloody genius.  :-*

The_Household_Cat

• Not if you were the last junkie on earth...
    • View Profile
    • Colin_in_Mexico
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 09:11:06 AM »

Don't I have the best job in the world ???
 My works a dream & my dreams are work .....

I had a motto instilled in me at school by the victorian architecht & medieaval revivalist -PUGIN - who had built the school i attended . Interwoven in the elaborate design were many 'truisms' -worthy of Jenny Holzer -the one that resounds to this day - WORK AS IF YOU WOULD LIVE FOR EVER ,LIVE AS IF YOU'D DIE TOMMORROW ..........
   In that , I am immortal . And yet still Dieing
  I love my work like I love my wife . I'd be nothing without either .
       pk                                          xxx

Awww.

I really like that quote. I wish more people would do that...

forumdude

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2011, 09:30:40 AM »

so anyways....... mgmt

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2011, 10:40:59 AM »

This project was mixed at Blanker Unsinn with cooperation from MGMT. 

And if Pete wants to post upside down in the masthead, he's welcome.

shame026

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2011, 11:31:15 PM »

awesome, congratulations kicked oracular spectaculars ass aesthetically and I can't wait to hear the new mixes
notimetothink.bandcamp.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All