MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: New Members  (Read 11610 times)

Luna

• Administrator
    • View Profile
New Members
« on: November 12, 2010, 07:08:44 PM »

I am going to be posting on the various MGMT pages again to bring in some new members.  It's a great community that you all have made here and I wanna keep it growing.  Do me a fav and try to show the new people the ropes as need be and be patient on things like duplicate threads?  I will do my part by encouraging people to use the search function before making new threads, deleting duplicates at lightning speed, etc.  Sound good?

lala

• Would you feel better holding the stars up?
    • View Profile
Re: New Members
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 07:11:17 PM »

I am going to be posting on the various MGMT pages again to bring in some new members.  It's a great community that you all have made here and I wanna keep it growing.  Do me a fav and try to show the new people the ropes as need be and be patient on things like duplicate threads?  I will do my part by encouraging people to use the search function before making new threads, deleting duplicates at lightning speed, etc.  Sound good?

Thanks Luna...I've started inviting them to PM me if they need help.  We've threatened to do the FAQ's for so long...the dry period coming up my be the time to get it done.

Me:  We drove six hours
Andrew VanWyngarden:  Drumstick Towers?  *giggles*

misty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 07:16:00 PM »

Thanks Luna...this is awesome and a very welcome idea   :)
All veils and misty   Streets of blue   Almond looks  That chill divine   Some silken moment  Goes on forever 
 And we're leaving broken hearts behind

Sizzle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 07:16:14 PM »

The more the merrier  ;D

Luna

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 07:17:55 PM »

I'm gonna do a mini-FAQ/Rules shortly, we don't have a ton of rules here and pretty much play it by ear so just the basics will suffice.  I will also make it clear that they can PM me, I feel bad having them bug you with that sorta stuff.

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 07:21:20 PM »

I'm gonna do a mini-FAQ shortly, we don't have a ton of rules here and pretty much play it by ear so just the basics will suffice.  I will also make it clear that they can PM me, I feel bad having them bug you with that sorta stuff.

It's never a bother...I remember when I couldn't post a pic and someone PMed me and helped me through it.  We need to include Glacial Ways and Blood is all around in the FAQs....let me know if you want help.  We've actually put some preliminary work into it.  We also have a gorgeous discography with graphics that Bubble and Trace did.  We didn't just want to do a regular thread...maybe something with a sticky?  Idk.

Luna

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 07:26:35 PM »

Cool, thanks, I will drop you a PM!

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 07:51:38 PM »

Thanks Luna :)

And I know that I'm not really the kind of person that one would want to contact for anything, but if a new member ever needs it, a PM to me is always welcome also :)
"We've got the power now, motherfuckers, it's where it belongs."

Purplebash

• Seeing is not like belief
    • View Profile
    • Not Enough Hype
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 08:08:06 PM »

I'm the only person I know who really likes MGMT. All of my friends really don't care much - even the ones that do merely like the band. They certainly wouldn't join their forum site. xD Time to kick it up a notch? I think so...

"But you have to wonder really, how popular are cinnamon roles in the west indies?"

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 08:15:19 PM »

I'm the only person I know who really likes MGMT. All of my friends really don't care much - even the ones that do merely like the band. They certainly wouldn't join their forum site. xD Time to kick it up a notch? I think so...

I'm claiming purplebash as my noob...it's been some time since I've taken a noob.  I think this one is going to stick around.  btw, pb, Hunter was the first newbie I claimed...mine always do well  8)

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 08:19:00 PM »

the first (and only lol) noob i claimed was emma...i think i've done quite a good job 8)
"We've got the power now, motherfuckers, it's where it belongs."

Purplebash

• Seeing is not like belief
    • View Profile
    • Not Enough Hype
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 08:19:25 PM »

I'm claiming purplebash as my noob...it's been some time since I've taken a noob.  I think this one is going to stick around.  btw, pb, Hunter was the first newbie I claimed...mine always do well  8)

I'm honoured... xD

I've actually been a member for like, what, a year now? I've just been too terrified to post in front of all you musical geniuses this whole time. I finally gained the courage when I was too stunned by MGMT actually in my face in Orlando to not share it with the world. I guess I'm still a newb... xD

"But you have to wonder really, how popular are cinnamon roles in the west indies?"

shra

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 09:26:53 PM »

Same as lala and Shianne, if any new members need help or have any questions feel free to PM me. :)

andrewsexra

• can u feel me, quinny walker?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2010, 09:12:03 AM »

Yeah I'm with misty even if her comment sounds very sexual.

misty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2010, 09:26:37 AM »

Ummm it's not and wasn't intended to be because that is seriously creepy.
All veils and misty   Streets of blue   Almond looks  That chill divine   Some silken moment  Goes on forever 
 And we're leaving broken hearts behind
Pages: [1] 2 3  All