MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 237

Author Topic: Random MGMT Thoughts  (Read 477685 times)

lala

• Would you feel better holding the stars up?
    • View Profile
Re: Random MGMT Thoughts
« Reply #2250 on: April 03, 2012, 06:57:24 PM »

I don't know about you guys, but I'm really hoping the funzone does more than offer ticket pre sales to festivals in foreign countries.

Relating to this, how do you go about getting pre-sale tickets when there's absolutely no identification whatsoever in the funzone package? Does it go by credit card number? Because if so, my bf's mom bought it through her credit card for me for christmas, so... That won't work... It should have come with instructions. Heh.

emails

Me:  We drove six hours
Andrew VanWyngarden:  Drumstick Towers?  *giggles*

Abby Road

• shake it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: April 03, 2012, 07:01:00 PM »

I don't know about you guys, but I'm really hoping the funzone does more than offer ticket pre sales to festivals in foreign countries.

Relating to this, how do you go about getting pre-sale tickets when there's absolutely no identification whatsoever in the funzone package? Does it go by credit card number? Because if so, my bf's mom bought it through her credit card for me for christmas, so... That won't work... It should have come with instructions. Heh.

I didn't even think of that, and that's a very good question.  I have no idea what credit card I used to buy mine  :-\
oh nevermind

Just thinking that I haven't been to an MGMT concert since November 2010--zoinks!

larissa

• View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: April 03, 2012, 07:01:54 PM »

emails

So would the e-mail have gone through to my bf's mum? Assuming she put in an e-mail somewhere? I have no idea how this works.
Now the world can be an unfair place at times
But your lows will have their compliment of highs.

framboise

• View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: April 03, 2012, 08:24:42 PM »

wow I'm gone from the internet for a few days and it feels like I've missed EVERYTHING. Thankfully everything's on the forum so I can catch up!  :-*

larissa

• View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: April 03, 2012, 08:26:00 PM »

wow I'm gone from the internet for a few days and it feels like I've missed EVERYTHING. Thankfully everything's on the forum so I can catch up!  :-*

I leave for months at a time and it's traumatizing. But I just pretend I missed nothing to ease my mind.
Now the world can be an unfair place at times
But your lows will have their compliment of highs.

Daisy :)

• View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: April 03, 2012, 10:14:12 PM »

Seeing the pictures the boys drew for Bubble, I seriously was about to cry for a moment. It is so great that they take the time to do these priceless things for their fans. They're so FUCKING AWESOME, I'M ON MGMT OVERLOAD SO HERES SOME BIG TEXT:D

Bubble

• Mrs. Harrison at your service
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: April 03, 2012, 10:30:23 PM »

Seeing the pictures the boys drew for Bubble, I seriously was about to cry for a moment. It is so great that they take the time to do these priceless things for their fans. They're so FUCKING AWESOME, I'M ON MGMT OVERLOAD SO HERES SOME BIG TEXT:D

right? i didn't even ask for a drawing, it's amazing how beautiful and real they can be with their fans. I feel so much love right now i could explode.

AGM

• Sitting in the sunlight, all alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: April 03, 2012, 11:04:38 PM »

right? i didn't even ask for a drawing, it's amazing how beautiful and real they can be with their fans. I feel so much love right now i could explode.

:')

It is such a nice and warm feeling, I was nervous about meet them, and in a way I was just pretty awkward with the idea of wait for them outside the hotel, and we were talking about it with bubble and planning the whole thing to go to the hotel early in the morning... but when both came out, they were so real and humble that it was a nice conversation a funny moment , I felt relax and grateful because now I have one more unforgetable memory, a special moment out of the normal rutine that life is.
Just stop analyzing everything, just listen to it or don't listen to it...

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: April 03, 2012, 11:05:55 PM »

:')

It is such a nice and warm feeling, I was nervous about meet them, and in a way I was just pretty awkward with the idea of wait for them outside the hotel, and we were talking about it with bubble and planning the whole thing to go to the hotel early in the morning... but when both came out, they were so real and humble that it was a nice conversation a funny moment , I felt relax and grateful because now I have one more unforgetable memory, a special moment out of the normal rutine that life is.

I love MGMT fans, really I do  :-*

AGM

• Sitting in the sunlight, all alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: April 04, 2012, 12:46:48 AM »

I love MGMT fans, really I do  :-*

:-* :-*
Just stop analyzing everything, just listen to it or don't listen to it...

Kitten That Got Away

• View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: April 04, 2012, 07:05:35 AM »

meow

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: April 04, 2012, 07:24:11 AM »

Carles wants to run off with Andrew
http://www.hipsterrunoff.com/altreport/2012/04/andrew-vanwyngarden-spotted-south-america-has-purple-hair-mgmt-plays-new-song.html

the whole Carles thing confuses me. is "he" literally one person, or..

I think he's a hot mess with definite personality disorders.  Sometimes he's super super Alt and hipster and then his gayness takes over and he goes total fangirl.  I've said a lot about him over the years, both good and bad, but I feel sorry for him.  I think he's a very creative, funny person who is very frustrated by the fact that he has to "wake up for the morning commute."  He seems to be a tortured soul.

audrey palmer

• *get lucky riff*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: April 04, 2012, 07:42:22 AM »

all hipster runoff is a joke, 'carles' just loves to take the piss and stir shit. i'm sure his favourite thing is get worke up anangry about it

i mean
http://www.hipsterrunoff.com/altreport/2011/08/james-blake-brings-back-bieber-hairswoop-and-bieber-wave-hoodie.html
http://www.hipsterrunoff.com/altreport/2012/03/zooey-deschanel-goes-solo-shows-bangin-bod-new-pop-music-video.html
http://www.hipsterrunoff.com/2012/03/i-am-afraid-my-younger-sibling-addicted-rave-culture.html

sometimes the longer posts could end up being really cutting, clever and subtle satire on indie culture and the way things move but lately i think it's just devolved into a massive cesspool making fun of anything he can and goes a bit too far in the case of posts about chaz bono and insulting trans* people. i guess if anything it is now parodying the way that internet music journalism has basically just become some kind of tabloid imitation with everyone trying to comment on anything remotely newsworthy even when there really is no story.

if you're looking for some solid identity then he's most likely the novelist tao lin (who has written 'shoplifting from american apparel' and 'richard yates') along with a few other people running the site

disco

Sizzle

• View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: April 04, 2012, 07:56:00 AM »

idk but his obsession with Andrew is effin funny.

Is Andrew VanWyngarden hotter than Ezra Koenig?

Bubble

• Mrs. Harrison at your service
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: April 04, 2012, 04:37:30 PM »

MGMT played a Bubble Puppy cover, what a coincidence  8)
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 237