MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 237

Author Topic: Random MGMT Thoughts  (Read 465974 times)

lala

• Would you feel better holding the stars up?
    • View Profile
Re: Random MGMT Thoughts
« Reply #2235 on: April 02, 2012, 12:28:38 PM »

OMG I cant believe Im going to watch that this Tuesday. Its is going to be much more exciting than that, in my opinion they need to shout a little more I think. It MGMT people, its KIDS!!! Come ooon!!! They sound reaally amazing.

The video is shot from a far....if you look at the screen shots of the pit,  the crowd is going nuts.  It's this way at every festival or venue for any band.     Pit = crazy   ........    Wayyyy Back Crowd = chillin

I actually read that it was a very unenthusiastic crowd for MGMT.  The article said that most people at MGMT seemed to be waiting for Foos.

Me:  We drove six hours
Andrew VanWyngarden:  Drumstick Towers?  *giggles*

Fairytale of Hurt

• View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: April 02, 2012, 12:30:17 PM »

OMG I cant believe Im going to watch that this Tuesday. Its is going to be much more exciting than that, in my opinion they need to shout a little more I think. It MGMT people, its KIDS!!! Come ooon!!! They sound reaally amazing.

The video is shot from a far....if you look at the screen shots of the pit,  the crowd is going nuts.  It's this way at every festival or venue for any band.     Pit = crazy   ........    Wayyyy Back Crowd = chillin

I actually read that it was a very unenthusiastic crowd for MGMT.  The article said that most people at MGMT seemed to be waiting for Foos.

LAME
Lay by me and we'll erode as gently as we can into twilight

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: April 02, 2012, 12:31:51 PM »

LAME

Same article went on to say how well received Skrillex was, so I mean if that's what the crowd was looking for.....that's why I didn't bother to post it.

Fairytale of Hurt

• View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: April 02, 2012, 12:37:41 PM »

LAME

Same article went on to say how well received Skrillex was, so I mean if that's what the crowd was looking for.....that's why I didn't bother to post it.

I don't get it.  All the articles I read said MGMT was THE band residents of Chile wanted there. I suppose it was pretty crazy up front like Misty said, but still.... 

Jteeman

• The red lights mean you're leaving
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: April 02, 2012, 06:06:11 PM »

It's fairly understandable, South America has a reputation for loving their rock/metal more than their indie kids. And you inevitably get more people there for the headliner than the earlier acts.
20.5.08 - 29.6.08 - 23.8.08 - 9.11.08 - 10.11.08 -11.11.08 - 23.9.10 - 26.9.10 - 30.9.10 - 1.10.10 - 12.10.13 - 14.10.13

Stoppin and stayin, I would if I could

Mutare Vel Timere Sperno

Abby Road

• shake it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: April 02, 2012, 06:54:11 PM »

LAME

Lame that the crowd was unenthusiastic or lame that they were excited for the Foos?

Fairytale of Hurt

• View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: April 02, 2012, 07:02:37 PM »

LAME

Lame that the crowd was unenthusiastic or lame that they were excited for the Foos?

Lame on the crowd. I can relate to being excited about a band. 

Marai

• We donkey-punched the night away..
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: April 02, 2012, 08:20:19 PM »

It's fairly understandable, South America has a reputation for loving their rock/metal more than their indie kids. And you inevitably get more people there for the headliner than the earlier acts.

Yep, especially if you're familiar with bands like Sepultura, Soulfly, Ill Nino, P.O.D., etc. They're all internationally well-known and have been around for quite some time and have a distinct Latin flavor to their music that a lot of indie music doesn't. Just an observation...

JessRabbit

• Not So Dumb Blonde
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: April 02, 2012, 09:46:13 PM »

Sepultura and soulfly are very similar..well same front man in both bands..

Marai

• We donkey-punched the night away..
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: April 02, 2012, 09:52:30 PM »

Yep, Max Cavalera is one of my favorite artists actually.

lala

• View Profile

Daisy :)

• View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: April 03, 2012, 02:28:56 PM »

Carles wants to run off with Andrew
http://www.hipsterrunoff.com/altreport/2012/04/andrew-vanwyngarden-spotted-south-america-has-purple-hair-mgmt-plays-new-song.html

Do u want 'other dude' in MGMT's autograph or just Andy's?

Now that's just messed up

RaptorLove

• RaptorLove comin' to sell you some tupperware.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: April 03, 2012, 04:58:00 PM »

I don't know about you guys, but I'm really hoping the funzone does more than offer ticket pre sales to festivals in foreign countries.
I HOPE YOUR APPLE PIE WAS FRIGGIN WORTH IT

Abby Road

• shake it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: April 03, 2012, 06:34:53 PM »

I don't know about you guys, but I'm really hoping the funzone does more than offer ticket pre sales to festivals in foreign countries.

True story, bro

larissa

• View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: April 03, 2012, 06:56:05 PM »

Relating to this, how do you go about getting pre-sale tickets when there's absolutely no identification whatsoever in the funzone package? Does it go by credit card number? Because if so, my bf's mom bought it through her credit card for me for christmas, so... That won't work... It should have come with instructions. Heh.
Now the world can be an unfair place at times
But your lows will have their compliment of highs.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 237