MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Get the album "MGMT" on iTunes, CD, or vinyl here. Album includes the "Optimizer" listening and viewing experience.

Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237

Author Topic: Random MGMT Thoughts  (Read 383082 times)

lala

• Would you feel better holding the stars up?
    • View Profile
Re: Random MGMT Thoughts
« Reply #3510 on: May 09, 2015, 07:36:10 PM »

I would if I could ;)

Me:  We drove six hours
Andrew VanWyngarden:  Drumstick Towers?  *giggles*

Psychedelic Owl

• View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: May 10, 2015, 08:08:54 AM »

I would if I could ;)
oh gosh! I forgot your name was lala! Hahaha!
1.2.free.4.

Fetusfryer

• View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: May 31, 2015, 11:19:17 PM »

Saw Tame Impala last night and asked the Kuroma gang if Andrew and Ben were hiding in a cavern off the coast of France doing space drugs or something and they said yeah.

Psychedelic Owl

• View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: June 09, 2015, 09:01:29 AM »

i just started learning alot of mgmt songs on g tar.. and they must love the D or Dm to Bm chords... its literally everywhere.
1.2.free.4.

Rachel

• View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: June 09, 2015, 09:41:24 AM »

i just started learning alot of mgmt songs on g tar.. and they must love the D or Dm to Bm chords... its literally everywhere.

This!

TristanTristan

• View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: July 08, 2015, 09:08:15 AM »

've been getting my MGMT fix this summer by listening to "All We Ever Wanted Was Everything" and Andrew's cover of "I'm Alive".

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: July 21, 2015, 05:10:26 PM »

My son got a turntable for his birthday and he just christened it with a special edition Metanoia vinyl :)

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: July 27, 2015, 11:35:55 AM »

http://pitchfork.com/news/60522-ezra-koenigs-latest-radio-show-features-florence-welch-pranking-ezra-rashida-jones-rejecting-robin-thicke-more/

Ezra Koenig's Latest Radio Show Features Florence Welch Pranking Ezra, Rashida Jones Rejecting Robin Thicke, More
MGMT's Andrew VanWyngarden was also involved in the prank

itsblurking

• what you find shocking, they find amusing
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Party's music
« Reply #3518 on: August 19, 2015, 12:24:09 AM »

-It's Working
-Song For Dan Treacy
-Brian Eno

to name a few

TristanTristan

• View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: August 24, 2015, 12:01:15 AM »

I'm ready for them to announce that they've started recording LP4 now, yes, please, thank you.

Psychedelic Owl

• View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: August 25, 2015, 10:04:29 AM »

did anyone get the OR RSD reissue? if so how is it different from the original press other than 180 gram. like does it come with a new inner sleeve like congratulations?
1.2.free.4.

Psychedelic Owl

• View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: September 11, 2015, 09:59:16 AM »

mgmt funzone vinyl sold for $105.00 on ebay yesteray. i was in the bidding war and dropped out at $102.
1.2.free.4.

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: September 11, 2015, 08:51:31 PM »

mgmt funzone vinyl sold for $105.00 on ebay yesteray. i was in the bidding war and dropped out at $102.

Shhit

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: October 08, 2015, 05:37:07 PM »

http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/2701754

Press Release
Alt-Rock Trio the Reach to Reunites for 20th Anniversary Show, New Single
20 years after the release of their first album, Closer, The Reach is reuniting for a one time only show at The Bull & Bush in Denver, CO. They are reuniting again with bassist Dave Scott to release a new single (covers of MGMT's "Time to Pretend" and The Stranglers' "No Mercy"), along with, a remastered version of LIFT, and a fully remixed and remastered 20th Anniversary Edition of Closer.

Denver, CO   -   October 8, 2015   - (Newswire.com)
20 years after the release of their first album, Closer, The Reach is reuniting for a one time only show at The Bull & Bush in Denver, CO.

The band formed in 1994 in Dallas, TX, garnering major label interest and critical acclaim for the aforementioned “Closer” album.  After disbanding in 1997 for all the usual reasons, drummer Tommy Watts and Craig Miller reunited briefly to record a second album, LIFT in 2003.

They are now reuniting again with bassist Dave Scott to release a new single (covers of MGMT’s “Time to Pretend” and The Stranglers’ “No Mercy”), along with a remastered version of LIFT, and a fully remixed and remastered 20th Anniversary Edition of Closer.

Although largely ignored in their hometown of Dallas, TX, the band has gained a passionate following over the years in Denver, CO, with the help of the owners of the Bull & Bush pub, who have spread the word about their unique sound. “The bottom line is, we were one of the better bands of the 90’s, despite our lack of exposure,” said Miller.  “When people hear us, they agree.” 

The show will be this Halloween night, Saturday October 31st, and is sure to be a memorable one.  “The guys at the Bull and Bush have kept our music alive, and we’re pumped to bring our sound back to life in Denver,” said bassist Scott. “We plan on bringing our best.”

Release Dates:

LIFT (2015 remastered edition) – available now

Closer (20th Anniversary Edition) – available Oct. 20, 2015

Time to Pretend/No Mercy – available Oct. 20, 2015

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/2701754#ixzz3o1Da34Py

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/2701754#ixzz3o1DNqCph

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: October 15, 2015, 04:04:38 PM »

http://www.gigwise.com/news/103286/premiere-fresh-dixie-mgmt-electric-feel-jazz-new-music

PREMIERE: FRESH DIXIE PERFORM A JAZZY REWORKING OF 'ELECTRIC FEEL'

The London quintet have been making waves in the jazz circles - try something new this Thursday

f you've ever wanted to get into jazz but have no idea where to start, try out this MGMT reworking from London upstarts, Fresh Dixie.

A recipe for gorgeous tracks, the quintet fusion of jazz and pop shines on record and absolutely blisters in a live setting with both impressive improvisational and infectious pop hooks - truly the best of both worlds.

They started writing their own material after growing weary of playing the same jazz standards at University. They took advantage of the eclectic tastes of the band and crafted their own stylings around the crossover potential of their collective influneces - and the result is fanastastic.

Thier cover of MGMT's 'Electric Feel' reduces the track down to it's core elements building up as a piano and vocal led track that slowly morphs a grand composition with smooth percussion and subtle instrumentation under the mix.

You guys know that Electric Feel is my least fave MGMT song, but I still like it more than most songs ever written.  I'm obsessed with this!!!!  Run, don't walk!!!!

Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237