MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Get the album "MGMT" on iTunes, CD, or vinyl here. Album includes the "Optimizer" listening and viewing experience.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 237

Author Topic: Random MGMT Thoughts  (Read 305989 times)

Bubble

• Mrs. Harrison at your service
    • View Profile
Re: Random MGMT Thoughts
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2010, 04:59:24 PM »

Caesar feels like crap? oh lord we're so mean.

team matt.

misty

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2010, 05:03:03 PM »

Nothing amazes me more than this forums ability to make people feel like crap  :(

Then people should stop starting CRAP threads and/or posts

...disclaimer: This thread was created as a containment cell for those who wanted to start a thread over every MGMT thought that popped into their mind and is by no means a crap thread
All veils and misty   Streets of blue   Almond looks  That chill divine   Some silken moment  Goes on forever 
 And we're leaving broken hearts behind

Bubble

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2010, 05:04:43 PM »

Nothing amazes me more than this forums ability to make people feel like crap  :(

Then people should stop starting CRAP threads and/or posts

...disclaimer: This thread was created as a containment cell for those who wanted to start a thread over every MGMT thought that popped into their mind and is by no means a crap thread

time for me to say ily2

team matt.

lala

• Would you feel better holding the stars up?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2010, 05:06:07 PM »

So, hey Lala or "Boo :o" you said i get credit or partial credit for this thread right?

I believe that you posted one of the threads in this section within a short period of time that inspired Photolover to come up with this brilliant catch all thread.  Your check is in the mail.

Me:  We drove six hours
Andrew VanWyngarden:  Drumstick Towers?  *giggles*

Chumbum2.0

• how do i do "the thing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2010, 05:08:54 PM »

Ok, srs now y'all. No more hurt feelings.
On songmeanings this has been bothering me; in the lyrics they have it written as "In the long hall" when it's (I'm almost postive) "In the long haul".
And in the old "Someone's Missing" thread I quoted the actual meaning from a legit review/interview thing, which said that it is simply about feeling like someone is missing (But not knowing who is).
So if someone could help a ho out and post the meaning/try to get in contact with the poster of the lyrics to correct the line (it completely changes the meaning), I would take a nap.

Here it is: "The spectral and soulful Someone's Missing came from a feeling that MGMT would get on tour where the vaguest psychic apparition would leave traces "like there was another band member who wasn't there or something. It's that weird feeling like something's missing, nothing feels right." The track echoes the plaintive sound of that someone calling from across the dimensional divide."
http://www.bowerypresents.com/event/4656
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2010, 05:12:48 PM »

On songmeanings this has been bothering me; in the lyrics they have it written as "In the long hall" when it's (I'm almost postive) "In the long haul".
And in the old "Someone's Missing" thread I quoted the actual meaning from a legit review/interview thing, which said that it is simply about feeling like someone is missing (But not knowing who is).
So if someone could help a ho out and post the meaning/try to get in contact with the poster of the lyrics to correct the line (it completely changes the meaning), I would take a nap.

Here it is: "The spectral and soulful Someone's Missing came from a feeling that MGMT would get on tour where the vaguest psychic apparition would leave traces "like there was another band member who wasn't there or something. It's that weird feeling like something's missing, nothing feels right." The track echoes the plaintive sound of that someone calling from across the dimensional divide."

Andrew's lyric is "In the long hall"

Chumbum2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2010, 05:16:35 PM »

THATS STUPID.

But someone pleeeeeeaaaaase...I don't have an account. :(
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2010, 05:17:58 PM »

THATS STUPID.

Did you srsly just say that Andrew's lyric was stupid????

Bubble

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2010, 05:18:29 PM »

Yes my heart has thoroughly been broken and stomped on.

LMAO Caesar i'm just playing with you, i think you're nice  :D

team matt.

Chumbum2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2010, 05:22:19 PM »

THATS STUPID.

Did you srsly just say that Andrew's lyric was stupid????

I said it, but I didn't mean it.
Andrew is my 2nd favourite lyricist of ALL TIME!
Signature:

Bubble

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2010, 05:28:38 PM »

Yes my heart has thoroughly been broken and stomped on.

LMAO Caesar i'm just playing with you, i think you're nice  :D

:D Lemme grab the broom so I can sweep this up and then piece it back together with glue.

;)

team matt.

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2010, 05:41:07 PM »

^cute  :D

Bubble

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2010, 06:05:24 PM »

ikr?  :D

team matt.

krbgfx

• I've always wanted a Viking funeral.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2010, 10:58:44 PM »

ha      :D         ha
Who is MGMT?
                                  ^
                              /2015\
                            M-G-M-T
                       _/- - - - - - - -\_
                    _/- "Expect the- - \_
                 _/- - -Unexpected"- - -\_
              _/- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -\_
             |_   www.whoismgmt.com   _|

iiskyle

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2010, 11:30:53 PM »

My random MGMT thought: come back to the US in the spring for another US tour. I didn't get to see them over the summer :(
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 237