MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Get the album "MGMT" on iTunes, CD, or vinyl here. Album includes the "Optimizer" listening and viewing experience.

Author Topic: Record Store Day 11/27/15!!!  (Read 168 times)

• Would you feel better holding the stars up?
    • View Profile
Record Store Day 11/27/15!!!
« on: October 01, 2015, 01:05:08 PM »

Hey MGMT fans and admirers of the band MGMT!
Yes, it has been a while since you've heard a peep from our "camp," but that's mostly 'cause we just don't really peep a lot when we're camping. Pack out what you pack in, you know? Everything is going and going pretty swell though, and we have some exciting news to share:
To commemorate the 10th anniversary of our first ever official release, Cantora Records will be re-releasing the 2005 MGMT Time To Pretend EP on glow-in-the-dark vinyl for Record Store Day, November 27th!!
That's right! All 6 tracks have been carefully and fancily re-mastered to further enhance and amplify the antiqued crevices of the post-collegiate bright-eyed doe-eyed golden glory that is the 2005 Time To Pretend EP. Hear early versions of some of your fave MegaMT songs:
"Time to pretend"? It's on there, obviously. "Kids"? You betcha. But also prepare for some fun and bizarre MGMT tracks that have never appeared on vinyl *AND MAYBE NEVER WILL.
here's a (mutated) tracklist:
1) Tome to Proton
2) Bogie Dawn
3) Destrickt
4) Uggs Alwiz Retain
5) Intel Rokkers
6) Keds
Please dig out a functioning record album player from your grandfather's garbage pile so you can play this EP!!! See where it takes you!
See where it will Be, here:
Goo pick up the Time To Pretend EP and lots of other goodies from other bands on Record Store Day, November 27!
*all 6 songs do appear to be on this vinyl release.
actual tracklist: 1) Time To Pretend 2) Boogie Down 3) Destrokk 4) Love Always Remains 5) Indie Rokkers 6) Kids

Me:  We drove six hours
Andrew VanWyngarden:  Drumstick Towers?  *giggles*

Psychedelic Owl

• View Profile
Re: Record Store Day 11/27/15!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 02:41:26 PM »

holy shit this was so hard to not blab about! this list came to my store about a month ago! shawooo i dont think i could have held it in much longer.

• View Profile
Re: Record Store Day 11/27/15!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 04:11:04 PM »

prrrrrrr  :-*
station to station