MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Get all of the latest tour info here.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34

Author Topic: ♫ Your blood is all around you now ♫ (II)  (Read 63527 times)

lala

• Would you feel better holding the stars up?
    • View Profile
Re: ♫ Your blood is all around you now ♫ (II)
« Reply #330 on: April 15, 2012, 08:47:15 PM »

Link is a sign up thing and in Spanish

Me:  We drove six hours
Andrew VanWyngarden:  Drumstick Towers?  *giggles*

Fairytale of Hurt

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 15, 2012, 08:49:32 PM »

Hmm, it isn't when I click on it.  I don't know what else to do other than screenshot it and post.  It's been translated using google.

Lay by me and we'll erode as gently as we can into twilight

AGM

• Sitting in the sunlight, all alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 15, 2012, 10:37:06 PM »

Hmm, it isn't when I click on it.  I don't know what else to do other than screenshot it and post.  It's been translated using google.

Thanks!!
It is nice to read that they are enjoying the tour so much :)
Just stop analyzing everything, just listen to it or don't listen to it...

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 16, 2012, 05:15:33 AM »

"the band were eager to tacos."

nuff said.

audrey palmer

• *get lucky riff*
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 16, 2012, 08:37:47 AM »

it's google translated

disco

pookey

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 16, 2012, 08:45:07 AM »

it's google translated
yeah, and without error.
I wish "taco" verb
Trixie and the kids are great: thanks for asking!

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 16, 2012, 08:48:20 AM »

audrey palmer

• *get lucky riff*
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 16, 2012, 08:53:37 AM »

well that's what i posted...i just thought you meant it was bad writing, it probably makes perfect sense in spanish

disco

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 16, 2012, 08:55:47 AM »

well that's what i posted...i just thought you meant it was bad writing, it probably makes perfect sense in spanish

No, I knew it was clearly a google translation.  Typically, I just stop reading because it's too annoying, but for some reason, I thought this one was really, really funny.  Eager to tacos just amused me because it made tacos the verb.

Fairytale of Hurt

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 16, 2012, 09:05:05 AM »

No, I knew it was clearly a google translation.  Typically, I just stop reading because it's to annoying, but for some reason, I thought this one was really, really funny.  Eager to tacos just amused me because it made tacos the verb.

With them, tacos just might be the verb ;)

pookey

• View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 16, 2012, 09:16:15 AM »

tacos could be a place-- to which they were eager the entire way.

Trixie and the kids are great: thanks for asking!

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 16, 2012, 09:24:54 AM »

No, I knew it was clearly a google translation.  Typically, I just stop reading because it's to annoying, but for some reason, I thought this one was really, really funny.  Eager to tacos just amused me because it made tacos the verb.

With them, tacos just might be the verb ;)

That's exactly why I thought it was funny  :D

Daisy :)

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 16, 2012, 02:05:29 PM »

I can't stop laughing at the 'eager to tacos'

Ok this is final: taco is now a verb.

I will taco. She will taco. It will taco. Let's go taco. I tacoed so much last night that my stomach hurts.

Fairytale of Hurt

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 16, 2012, 09:23:44 PM »

http://www.albino.mx/blog/?p=4885

Intervew with Andrew

What is your favorite vegetable?
Ah, I love vegetables, I love cabbage, carrots and grilled asparagus.

What is your zodiac sign? Do you believe that?
Iím Aquarius, but I still donít know whether I believe in it or not haha.

If you were on a desert island and your best friend was dead-
Oh! Heís dead? This is a very, very sad story

Yes, heís dead, would you eat a bit of them to survive?
Yes, haha, I think my friend would like that.

Then that would be cannibalism
Mm, no problem.

How much would you eat?
I think it depends on the friend, but I know that I would never eat the brain, that would be bad idea.

What if by eating the brain, it merged all his knowledge with yours
I think that they have tried that before, in ancient times, but it didnít work. But if you want me to, I can try. If I were to do it, I would do it with a cup of good coffee, because I love coffee.

What was the last CD you bought?
CD? Mm, Iíve definitely downloaded some illegal things lately, hahaha

Illegal, huh?
Hahaha yes. Iím not sure why Iím smiling. But the last CD was, what was it I bought? Oh! I bought a very good vinyl collection of Faust The Faust Tapes called. Itís really good.

What is your biggest musical influence?
We have many, and I dont think thereís specific band that is the greater influence, but Iím definitely influenced by Arthur Lee of Love, the 60s band, and I think Suicide, Alan Vega and Martin Rev are in my top two.

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 04, 2012, 11:51:17 AM »

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/musikfest/mc-musikfest-mgmt-bethlehem-20120803,0,4420870.story

By John J. Moser, Of The Morning Call
6:32 p.m. EDT, August 3, 2012

With electronic band MGMT's third disc in the works for months and an expected late 2012 release date already off the table, its label is clearly anxious.

So it's understandable when a Fenway Records representative asks that a reporter not ask any questions about it during an interview with lead vocalist and guitarist Andrew VanWyngarden.

But that's hard when that's what VanWyngarden wants to talk about.

"What do you want to talk about?" he asks with a laugh. "Maybe soccer?"

Ľ The latest on traffic, delays and road construction delivered to your mobile phone. Text TRAFFIC to 52270! Message and data rates apply. Text STOP TRAFFIC to cancel, text HELP for help. Click for terms and conditions.

So despite the publicist's warning, VanWyngarden offers up details.

"We haven't done any sort of press for the album at all yet, but it's nothing too dramatic. Ben [Goldwasser, band co-founder] and I are just having a great time making the new album. Ö It's been going great. We're really enjoying it. We're kind of getting back into eating a lot of ice cream while we record, which helps the creative flow," he says with a laugh.

He says he and Goldwasser are working with Dave Fridmann, who mixed the second album and co-produced the first. He says the band has done three recording sessions ó it expects to return after a show Sunday at Musikfest's Sands Steel Stage.

He indicates the new disc will have a sound close to the last album, "Congratulations."

"I think we're making good songs," he says. "We've got a good bit of material so far, and we're just going to keep writing until we get to a point where we feel like we've figured out what our album is going to be. So this album is just kind of like we've been able to do whatever we want.

"It seems like we're in a much freer, kind of more liberated state of mind, and not really anxious or paranoid about much these days. And I think that's the result of having both been through the experience of the first album, with the kind of unexpected, crazy buzz and everything that followed in 2008, and then the second album, which wasn't difficult for us, but because people called it a difficult album, even though I don't know why till this day."

The subject of the new album is particularly touchy because, after the runaway success of MGMT's catchy 2007 debut disc, the electro-pop "Oracular Spectacular," there was a backlash when its sophomore 2010 disc offered up very different psychedelic rock.

"Oracular Spectacular" went gold and produced the Top 10 alternative hit "Kids" and the Top 25 "Time to Pretend" ó both of which made Rolling Stone magazine's Top 50 songs of the decade and the latter its 500 Greatest Songs of All Time. The disc also got the group three Grammy nominations, including Best New Artist.

"Congratulations" actually charted higher, hitting No. 2 on Billboard's albums chart, but was such a departure that there was a fan backlash, and band comments were misinterpreted as meaning even MGMT was disappointed with the disc.

But VanWyngarden says nothing could be further from the truth. He blames that on the band's twisted sense of humor.

"I think that we were a little bit naÔve going into the promotion and marketing and the initial interviews that we did for the album," VanWyngarden says. "Ben and I have a healthy amount of kind of just taking things a little bit lightly and not being really serious about the music we're making because we feel like music should be fun.

"I think things got a little bit twisted when we were doing our initial interviews. And somehow it got Ö reproduced in multiple magazines that we had intentionally committed career suicide or made something to distance ourselves from our fans with a super-experimental. And that was just pretty unfortunate and not fun to have to kind of always be back-tracking and dealing with that in interviews."

VanWyngarden says he doesn't think "Congratulations" was as different from "Oracular Spectacular" as has been suggested.

"I think it was the kind of people that really only in their minds associated us with 'Kids' that have no idea where the second album was coming from," he says.

But if there is a difference, he says. "I think that that it's cool and special that a band kind of documents its real feelings of what's going on. Ö I'm so happy that we didn't go into making a second album and try to recreate the kind of style of the popular songs from our first album. That would have been, not career suicide, but soul suicide in my brain."

The band played one new song, "Alien Days," at shows in South America this spring. The only other new MGMT music to surface recently is a tune for "Just Tell Me That You Want Me," a Fleetwood Mac tribute album, due out Aug. 14. MGMT plays the title song to that band's 1971 album "Future Games."

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34