MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Get the new album MGMT on iTunes, CD, or vinyl here. Album includes the "Optimizer" listening and viewing experience.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34

Author Topic: ♫ Your blood is all around you now ♫ (II)  (Read 60741 times)

Hunter Clark

• gone with the wind fabulous.
    • View Profile
    • facebook page
Re: ? Your blood is all around you now ? (II)
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2010, 08:47:16 PM »

Thanks Rosyy. :-*
But, another journalist trying to twist words around for a headline that will draw attention. >:(
6-18-10 8-14-10 10-29-10 11-4-10 4-29-11 7-13-13 11-27-13 6-17-14

taytripper612

• View Profile
Re: ♫ Your blood is all around you now ♫ (II)
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2010, 10:21:26 PM »

Electro-pop stars MGMT are under pressure from their record label to change their musical style following the release of their last album, CELEBRATION.

Celebration? :D :D
While we drifted we were one. Ceilings lifted, walls were gone.

kerrigwen

• ~ Powered by Tetley ~
    • View Profile
    • Aliens!
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2010, 10:42:28 PM »

ContactMusic has gotten the name wrong of this album from the very first time they wrote anything about it. They've written many articles on MGMT, and have called it "Celebration" in each one. Even when they quote Andrew as calling it "Congratulations". Retards.
~ I got soul, but I'm not a soldier ~

"They are like a peanut butter & jam sandwhich; without the jam the peanut butter would be incomplete." (- ?, on Andrew & Ben)

lala

• Would you feel better holding the stars up?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2010, 10:45:32 PM »

here it is -not really sure how legit it is..but it did catch my eye

Mgmt Forced To Change Style After Album Flop

Electro-pop stars MGMT are under pressure from their record label to change their musical style following the release of their last album, CELEBRATION.

The band shot to fame upon the release of their 2007 offering Oracular Spectacular, which landed them a Grammy Award nomination for Best New Artist, while their track Kids also received a nod.

The duo released the follow-up Congratulations in April (10), but the musicians admit bosses at their Columbia label were less than impressed with their new sound and have vowed to take tighter control of their next album.

Andrew Van-Wyngarden tells Scotland's Daily Record newspaper, "I definitely think our music will change in the future because Congratulations is almost two years old now. We have some ideas and have been talking about possible directions of where to go next.

"We are just in much more positive mental states than when we wrote Congratulations. We're less anxious. We've been looking at relationships with the label during the recording process and it's quite different this time. They'll be more involved and not give us as much freedom."

I'M CALLING BULLLLLLLLLLL SHHHITTTTTTT!!!!!!!!

Me:  We drove six hours
Andrew VanWyngarden:  Drumstick Towers?  *giggles*

rosyy

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2010, 04:32:19 AM »

i just don't get how they can get so much information wrong in such a small amount of writing!!

Voodoo

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2010, 08:43:32 AM »

bleeeeurgh, what a strange, stupid article.
"If you can't save it leave it dying on the road"

"How to catch a feeling and learn to let it go"

Sibila

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2010, 10:17:31 AM »

OK. Earlier today, I saw a adaptation of this article on the website of a portuguese music magazine and they cited the Daily Record as the author of the original news article. It's a little longer and also contains some typos. So, here it is:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/showbiz/music-news/2010/09/25/mgmt-set-to-go-back-to-basics-after-poor-reception-to-current-album-86908-22586449/

MGMT set to go back to basics after poor reception to current album
Sep 25 2010 Bev Lyons

BROOKLYN duo MGMT say they are being pressured to make a very different third album following poor sales of their last psychedelic release.

The band admit label bosses will not be giving them as much creative space to write new material after their spaced-out e orts on Congratulations.

Andrew Van-Wyngarden and Ben Goldwasser impressed critics with their 2008 debut Oracular Spectacular and anthems such as Time To Pretend, Kids and Electric Feel, which also earned them a Grammy.

But it all went a bit pear-shaped with the next record, which went down a completely different route.

Andrew told the Razz: "I definitely think our music will change in the future because Congratulations is almost two years old now.

"We have some ideas and have been talking about possible directions of where to go next.

"We are just in much more positive mental states than when we wrote Congratulations.

"We're less anxious. We've been looking at relationships with the label during the recording process and it's quite di erent this time.

"They'll be more involved and not give us as much freedom."

e band are touring the UK and played Glasgow earlier this week but Andrew is already keen to o er more variety next time round.

He added: "We are pretty conservative or tight when we are writing songs.

"We didn't have a surplus of songs last time, perhaps as a way to control the nal cut but maybe that will change."

The guys enjoyed playing Glasgow's Barrowlands on Monday but admit they lost some of the crowd at one point when they played their marathon 14 minute long B-side Metanoia.

Andrew said: "We played it and people at the show that are into that side of the band really love it and people who just go to hear Kids just left. It was the second-last song so it was okay."

The duo admit they've often been left worse for wear before shows here because they have partied with some local pals.

Andrew admitted: "The last time we played at Barrowlands, I'd been at a party and didn't sleep at all the night before. I was like a zombie on stage."
"My medicine
Has many contrasting flavours.
Engrossed in, or perplexed by
The differences between them,
The patient forgets to suffer."

Chumbum2.0

• how do i do "the thing"
    • View Profile
Re: Your blood is all around you now (II)
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2010, 12:20:05 PM »

I guess we'll never have another movement of true, honest music ever again. I mean, with that type of pressure, no musician will be a real one in the mainstream ever again.
"zomg, ur rec didnt sel billins! time to sellout!"
If this awful, circus type nonsense keeps being the pit of the music industry's being, imagine what else could happen? Just pay attention; every decade in music reflects what we were going through culturally.
I hope it's a joke, because if not, I quit music.
Fuck you music industry.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

lala

• Would you feel better holding the stars up?
    • View Profile
Re: Your blood is all around you now (II)
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2010, 01:10:15 PM »

I guess we'll never have another movement of true, honest music ever again. I mean, with that type of pressure, no musician will be a real one in the mainstream ever again.
"zomg, ur rec didnt sel billins! time to sellout!"
If this awful, circus type nonsense keeps being the pit of the music industry's being, imagine what else could happen? Just pay attention; every decade in music reflects what we were going through culturally.
I hope it's a joke, because if not, I quit music.
Fuck you music industry.

I doubt that there is an iota of truth to any of that.  Remember the headlines:  Golwasser apologizes for Flash Delirium?  Ben said, If you're expecting another Kids, then I'm sorry.  They twist.  This cunt had the headline and the majority of the content written before and if he or she spoke with them...It's crap.  Not only that, it's outdated crap.

I have absolutely not doubt that each album will be more brilliant than the next with full support of their label.

Me:  We drove six hours
Andrew VanWyngarden:  Drumstick Towers?  *giggles*

mssaram

• View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2010, 02:30:44 PM »

^This!! *applauds*

It's pissing me off seeing this headline being tweeted everywhere.

Bubble

• Mrs. Harrison at your service
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2010, 02:52:07 PM »

while you read you realize they sound stupid. DEFINITELY NOT MGMT.

team matt.

Sizzle

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2010, 02:59:50 PM »

they should name their next album CELEBRATION just for shits and giggles :D

Bubble

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2010, 03:05:31 PM »

they should name their next album CELEBRATION just for shits and giggles :D

and add a cover of this song on the album. This is the new MGMT bitches! what ya got to say?!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rw1P7gdtAeY?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/rw1P7gdtAeY?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

team matt.

Someonesmissing

• Hey, I've got a pistol that's aimed at your heart
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2010, 03:13:31 PM »

Bubble

• View Profile

team matt.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34