MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Get the new album MGMT on iTunes, CD, or vinyl here. Album includes the "Optimizer" listening and viewing experience.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: Muse  (Read 8537 times)

lala

• Would you feel better holding the stars up?
    • View Profile

Me:  We drove six hours
Andrew VanWyngarden:  Drumstick Towers?  *giggles*

JessRabbit

• Not So Dumb Blonde
    • View Profile
Re: Muse
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2010, 11:58:54 PM »

i <3 Muse..

Am I the only one that is reminded of "depeche mode" by them though?

Jteeman

• The red lights mean you're leaving
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2010, 01:09:30 PM »

i <3 Muse..

Am I the only one that is reminded of "depeche mode" by them though?

Only if the thought is "God, I wish Muse were half the band that Depeche Mode are".
20.5.08 - 29.6.08 - 23.8.08 - 9.11.08 - 10.11.08 -11.11.08 - 23.9.10 - 26.9.10 - 30.9.10 - 1.10.10 - 12.10.13 - 14.10.13

Stoppin and stayin, I would if I could

Mutare Vel Timere Sperno

maix

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2010, 05:14:53 PM »

Gonna get rotten tomatoes thrown at me but I think they're overrated.

Anaelle

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2010, 09:10:23 PM »

Me too, but they're pretty good  :)

rach

• View Profile
    • Dutch Musings
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2011, 06:38:00 PM »

FINALLY found a muse thread! I am most defintely one of the biggest Muse fans in Texas. We musers are very crazy (just for the record). I actually was there at the ACL concert. It was amazing. Seen them twice, and you know nothing of Muse until you have seen them live. You might think they're overrated, but until you've been to one of their concerts you have absolutely no idea.
Oh yeah, and my good friend Gerry has some WONDERFUl muse pics and videos. He's also met them a couple of times. (I'm am SUPER jealous)
Here's his flicker:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gerry_70/sets/72157625537372236/
You can call me Mrs. Bellamy-Howard-Wolstenholme, thank you!

Purplebash

• Seeing is not like belief
    • View Profile
    • Not Enough Hype
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2011, 06:59:35 PM »

My dad says the exact same thing about Muse all the time... I really do like Muse and he's like "they're not something I listen to frequently but they are insanely talented and you will never ever be able to fully appreciate the greatness of their music till you see them live, it's so freaking apparent and mind blowing." Needless to say I really hope to see Muse someday..

"But you have to wonder really, how popular are cinnamon roles in the west indies?"

Abby Road

• shake it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2011, 07:20:12 PM »

Those photos are so great!!!  After waiting for many years, I will finally be able to see them at Lollapalooza and the mere thought of it makes me want to vomit and dance like a spazz all at the same time.

And I mean vomit in a good, excited way.

rach

• View Profile
    • Dutch Musings
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2011, 10:22:10 PM »

Those photos are so great!!!  After waiting for many years, I will finally be able to see them at Lollapalooza and the mere thought of it makes me want to vomit and dance like a spazz all at the same time.

And I mean vomit in a good, excited way.

So it's official? I mean there's been ALOT of rumors and I was really hoping... LOLLA!!! yay! There's been lots of discussion on the Muse forum but I wasn't sure the gig was still on (ya' know with Kate Hudson being preggers and all).
I was still pretty sure it was still on, but I wasn't sure because times are changing over in Muse-land.
You can call me Mrs. Bellamy-Howard-Wolstenholme, thank you!

kristeenuh

• HERP DERP
    • View Profile
    • Facebizzle
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2011, 11:28:45 PM »

I sure hope the rumours are true. Seeing them for the third time would be mind blowing. And with people I love? Even better. They're spectacular live.
"Who the hell is Oscar Mayer and WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT TO BE HIS WIENER?!" - my friend Roshni

Abby Road

• shake it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2011, 01:11:07 PM »

I have often wondered the same thing myself.

Jteeman

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2011, 03:01:42 PM »

Seen them twice, and you know nothing of Muse until you have seen them live. You might think they're overrated, but until you've been to one of their concerts you have absolutely no idea.

Arrogant much? If I'm already ambivalent about their music, the fact that they play it well live won't make me suddenly think "OMG how wrong was I?!?". I might think they are a better live act than album band, but it doesn't mean I'll suddenly think they aren't overrated or that my opinion doesn't count (especially when their sets are often broadcast from festivals, they've released live DVDs/CDs. It's not like the only footage of them available is if you are physically there.

As for the thing about bands playing music before a show and whether they choose it themselves - simple answer is that it varies. Sometimes bands will say they want specific music played, other times they will employ a DJ to do it, and sometimes it is left completely up to the venue itself.

20.5.08 - 29.6.08 - 23.8.08 - 9.11.08 - 10.11.08 -11.11.08 - 23.9.10 - 26.9.10 - 30.9.10 - 1.10.10 - 12.10.13 - 14.10.13

Mutare Vel Timere Sperno

Jteeman

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2011, 07:46:58 PM »

Although I've been criticising them, I do approve of their decision to play the entirety of Origin Of Symmetry at Leeds/Reading this weekend.

Mutare Vel Timere Sperno

Sierratonin

• View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2011, 01:50:02 PM »

Seen them twice, and you know nothing of Muse until you have seen them live. You might think they're overrated, but until you've been to one of their concerts you have absolutely no idea.

Arrogant much? If I'm already ambivalent about their music, the fact that they play it well live won't make me suddenly think "OMG how wrong was I?!?". I might think they are a better live act than album band, but it doesn't mean I'll suddenly think they aren't overrated or that my opinion doesn't count (especially when their sets are often broadcast from festivals, they've released live DVDs/CDs. It's not like the only footage of them available is if you are physically there.

As for the thing about bands playing music before a show and whether they choose it themselves - simple answer is that it varies. Sometimes bands will say they want specific music played, other times they will employ a DJ to do it, and sometimes it is left completely up to the venue itself.

Your wit kills me (regarding the Depeche mode comparison). Also, that comment above makes me think of the Radiohead fan video. "No, you don't understand. Muse are the very best. I will tie you up to a chair and make you listen to their entire catalogue. I will kill you and stuff your corpse with a stereo, so your body will sing out Matt Bellamy, etc." 
I have no idea why I was compelled to go to this thread, but I do have to admit that Absolution is still a pretty solid album. Hysteria is one of those tracks that I cannot skip when it comes on shuffle. I often deny that I have any sort of affiliations with the Muse fanbase because it's like admitting that I have a soft spot for Chris Martin's songwriting...I will never live it down.
Heart is in the right place, brain is in the dirt

Abby Road

• shake it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2012, 10:25:29 AM »

So Muse's new album is coming out this September and they just released a trailer for it.  It's going to be called "The 2nd Law" apparently.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IqFZGnfMLMw?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/IqFZGnfMLMw?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

The ending definitely threw me, lol

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All