MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Get the album "MGMT" on iTunes, CD, or vinyl here. Album includes the "Optimizer" listening and viewing experience.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 75

Author Topic: Tame Impala  (Read 120909 times)

Po

• View Profile
Re: Tame Impala
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2010, 07:52:39 PM »

Really Really like them. They bring me back to the 60s, the decade I should have grown up in.

Meadow

• I don't know who George Washington Is!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2010, 07:56:21 PM »

Really Really like them. They bring me back to the 60s, the decade I should have grown up in.
AGREED!!!
"Mmmm I love the smell of new shoes, especially Converse" -Andrew

Po

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2010, 05:32:40 AM »

I love their sound although I feel they rely too much on nostalgia and not creating truly original stuff. Maybe their are trying to nail down a solid sound at the start of their carreer from which to grow from. In either case I am quite excited.

Floss

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2010, 11:36:54 AM »

^^ he was probably smiling at MGMT then haha

i hope tame impala open for brixton shows!
A class of our own, my love

simonedehudsone

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2010, 07:41:58 PM »

Ive had the EP for a while, and just got innerspeaker yesterday. narsty

Cool Kitten No. 2

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2010, 11:32:54 AM »

I really dig their album! When they played with MGMT it seemed like most people hadn't even listened to their music or anything, and I had listened to their album multiple times on myspace already. It feels like the music's in your soul! they play really good but I wish they interacted with the audience more.. maybe it was because they weren't the main act? it was annoying cause there were a lot of people who were complaining cuz they just wanted to see MGMT. ugh. and then MGMT would play some of their new stuff and they'd be like "When are they gonna play Kids?" How can you like only like 2-3 songs of a band but see yourself as a big enough fan to go to their concert? or maybe they just have a lot of money to blow. Anyways, Tame Impala's good IMO, and they're all 100x hotter in person haha. I was practically right in front of the bassist! *drools*
meow

Meadow

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2010, 07:09:08 PM »

I really dig their album! When they played with MGMT it seemed like most people hadn't even listened to their music or anything, and I had listened to their album multiple times on myspace already. It feels like the music's in your soul! they play really good but I wish they interacted with the audience more.. maybe it was because they weren't the main act? it was annoying cause there were a lot of people who were complaining cuz they just wanted to see MGMT. ugh. and then MGMT would play some of their new stuff and they'd be like "When are they gonna play Kids?" How can you like only like 2-3 songs of a band but see yourself as a big enough fan to go to their concert? or maybe they just have a lot of money to blow. Anyways, Tame Impala's good IMO, and they're all 100x hotter in person haha. I was practically right in front of the bassist! *drools*
I know exactly how you feel! I have seen them twice ( once ay Sasquatch and then in The Crystal Ballroom). At the Crystal Ballroom show, I was right up front, really into the music, Everyone else kept chanting "MGMT!" while Tame Impala was playing! >:( I kept telling them to shut it because Tame Impala was great! The bassist kept smiling at me because he remembered me from Sasquatch; I love him so much! ;) Oh, and I met the singer Kevin! They are so good, MGMT fans shouldn't overlook them! :P :)

alessandra

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2010, 08:27:33 PM »

I am so captivated by InnerSpeaker, too bad they're not gonna be at the MGMT shows I'm attending >:(

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2010, 08:36:14 PM »

AGREED!!!
:D
"We've got the power now, motherfuckers, it's where it belongs."

I quit

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2010, 01:08:25 AM »

I like the song  "It Is Not Meant To Be" a lot...  The lyrics are badass. Been listening to a ton of these guys the past week or so getting ready to see them in Chicago. I really, really dig it.

Being the setlist fanatic that I am, I figured I'd post the only listed Tame Impala opening for MGMT setlist I found.

Portland, Oregon June 8th 2010

1. It Is Not Meant To Be (Intro only) 
2. Desire Be, Desire Go
3. Why Don't You Make Up Your Mind?
4. Alter Ego
5. Lucidity
6. Solitude Is Bliss
7. Skeleton Tiger
8. Half Full Glass Of Wine
Cut and cut it's brains out!

simonedehudsone

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2010, 07:10:08 AM »

I'm kinda bummed that they arent opening for MGMT when I see them in August, but I like violens are pretty good to

Po

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2010, 07:15:52 AM »

I like the song  "It Is Not Meant To Be" a lot...  The lyrics are badass. Been listening to a ton of these guys the past week or so getting ready to see them in Chicago. I really, really dig it.

Being the setlist fanatic that I am, I figured I'd post the only listed Tame Impala opening for MGMT setlist I found.

Portland, Oregon June 8th 2010

1. It Is Not Meant To Be (Intro only) 
2. Desire Be, Desire Go
3. Why Don't You Make Up Your Mind?
4. Alter Ego
5. Lucidity
6. Solitude Is Bliss
7. Skeleton Tiger
8. Half Full Glass Of Wine

I can relate to some of their songs lyrically. I also think I have found the direction I want to go in musically from listening to this, I has really inspired me.

Cool Kitten No. 2

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2010, 08:40:50 AM »

I know exactly how you feel! I have seen them twice ( once ay Sasquatch and then in The Crystal Ballroom). At the Crystal Ballroom show, I was right up front, really into the music, Everyone else kept chanting "MGMT!" while Tame Impala was playing! >:( I kept telling them to shut it because Tame Impala was great! The bassist kept smiling at me because he remembered me from Sasquatch; I love him so much! ;) Oh, and I met the singer Kevin! They are so good, MGMT fans shouldn't overlook them! :P :)

Your so lucky!! The bassist's hair seemed to always be in his face so idk who he was looking at haha. But I swear James looked at me a couple times!! cause I was 2nd to the front with like glowsticks on my ears, and was dancing and everything. When it was quiet I shouted "I love you!" to both bands haha and people were like "aww"
meow

Meadow

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2010, 01:19:32 AM »

Your so lucky!! The bassist's hair seemed to always be in his face so idk who he was looking at haha. But I swear James looked at me a couple times!! cause I was 2nd to the front with like glowsticks on my ears, and was dancing and everything. When it was quiet I shouted "I love you!" to both bands haha and people were like "aww"
aawh I remember Dom's hair in his face the whole time! ;) What show were you at?

Cool Kitten No. 2

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2010, 02:01:53 AM »

aawh I remember Dom's hair in his face the whole time! ;) What show were you at?

house of blues dallas, 3 days ago. i won tickets to go last minute and nearly fainted.. cause id been trying to get tickets at a reasonable price for like 2 weeks since they sold out fast, and i gave up the night before. it was from some online radio station called Indieverse. if you live near dallas you should check the site, they have giveaways like that often. its funny cause i never win stuff like that.. and the show was my first concert too! i'll definitely be waiting for mgmt to come again!! only next time i'll meet them. i want to tell them that i wanna live in castle too lol
meow
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 75