MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Get the album "MGMT" on iTunes, CD, or vinyl here. Album includes the "Optimizer" listening and viewing experience.

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 24 [All]

Author Topic: The Flaming Lips  (Read 42150 times)

shianne

• View Profile
The Flaming Lips
« on: April 04, 2010, 03:32:08 PM »

I'm surprised at myself for not already starting a thread on them.
So you all know I friggin' love this band. Band members are Wayne Coyne (frontman), Steven Drozd (multi-instumentalist), Michael Ivins (bassist), and Kliph Scurlock (drummer).

They've been around since 1983, and they have 13 albums (including their cover of Dark Side of the Moon).
Personally, my favorite albums of theirs are Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots and Clouds Taste Metallic, but I do love all of them. :)

I've met Wayne and Kliph before. Wayne twice, Kliph twice/three times. I don't know if you count when he waves to you and you just say "hey Kliph!" as meeting him. But they're both really sweet. My mom has met all of them, and she runs Steven Drozd's website.

I spent almost 24 hours of the three days I was in Oklahoma at the convention center where the '09/'10 New Years Eve show was being held, about 45 minutes to an hour of that time was sitting. My mom, some friends (old and new), the Flaming Lips crew, and myself blew up about 4000 balloons in most of that time, and the rest was spent watching soundcheck and during that actual concert. It was great getting to help out and hanging out with the band was spectacular. Some of the most memorable times of my life. :)

So, how many of you like The Flaming Lips? Favorite albums? Show reviews? Please share. :)
I'll be back to post pictures of the band later.
"We've got the power now, motherfuckers, it's where it belongs."

IzzyVanwyngarden

• Bwahh-Rawrr!!! (:
    • View Profile
Re: The Flaming Lips
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 04:24:05 PM »

I love The Flaming Lips, i actually saw them when they did The Who rock honors and after that, i fell in love with them. and i have a crush on Wayne...  :P

"Bwahh-Rawrr!" "are you godzilla?" "nope just Izzy..."

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 04:27:05 PM »

Haha aww, I love Wayne. He gives the best hugs. :)

Someonesmissing

• Hey, I've got a pistol that's aimed at your heart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 04:33:10 PM »

Ahhh I want to seee them so bad. I just got into them over this past summer and my favorite album is Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots too!
I watched videos of that New Years Eve thing and I was like. What the efff. I'd give anything to have been there haha it looks like, I don't know, magical. Soo lucky.

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 05:13:34 PM »

I hope you get to see them!
They were actually rated as one of the 50 things you need to see before you die. So you must see them, haha!

Someonesmissing

• Hey, I've got a pistol that's aimed at your heart
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 05:16:03 PM »

I want to see them for my birthday but it's 18+. And the other show I wanted to go to got sold out in like a day. BOOO.
And I'd totes get a fake ID, but I look like I'm 12
:( ONE DAY! It's on my urgent to-do list

Abby Road

• shake it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 09:04:10 PM »

<---Mama like!  Saw them in Chicago in December--it was an experience i'll never ever forget!

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 11:47:23 PM »

Their shows are definitely unforgettable ;)

I remember when I was at the NYE show, I stood up so much and I wasn't wearing shoes because my shoes hurt my feet. I walked around for about 11 hours on concrete floors without shoes and then stood for 6 hours without them. As soon as Stardeath and the Lips go on, the pain usually goes away, but it was so bad that by the time they were doing Dark Side of the Moon, I was in the worst pain.

Flaming Lips concerts have made me good at standing up for hours and waiting, haha.

GOMADZ

• EZRA EZRA EZRA!!
    • View Profile
    • twitter.....
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 04:25:54 PM »

I love thier Cover of dark side of the moon.
This is the story of how we begin to remember
This is the powerful pulsing of love in the veins
After the dream of falling and calling your name out
These are the roots of rythm and the roots of rythm and rain

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2010, 04:29:10 PM »

Me too :)
I love how Peaches did on Great Gig in the Sky, and the way they covered Money was cool.

GOMADZ

• EZRA EZRA EZRA!!
    • View Profile
    • twitter.....
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 12:23:24 AM »

Me too :)
I love how Peaches did on Great Gig in the Sky, and the way they covered Money was cool.
I agree!
This is the story of how we begin to remember
This is the powerful pulsing of love in the veins
After the dream of falling and calling your name out
These are the roots of rythm and the roots of rythm and rain

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 04:38:15 PM »

WARNING: LONG POST

This thread needs PICTURES!:

<--- a favorite of mine. I was at this festival last year. :)

<--- from when they were filming a movie Wayne wrote, "Christmas On Mars"

<--I think this is from when they were filming the music video for "Spongebob and Patrick Confront the Psychic Wall of Energy"

<--See? This is why they're so amazing live.

I have about a million more. Those are just a few I got off Google Images haha
Next post: VIDEOS.

Abby Road

• shake it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 06:34:17 PM »

how is wayne so freaking cool!?

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2010, 06:39:53 PM »

how is wayne so freaking cool!?

Haha I know! He's so awesome :D

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2010, 07:06:51 PM »

WARNING: ANOTHER LONG POST

Music Videos!!

I Can Be a Frog
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/92TNIIbaBOo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/92TNIIbaBOo</a>

The W.A.N.D.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/M1RlH97xTI4&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/M1RlH97xTI4&amp;feature=related</a>

She Don't Use Jelly
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AfpyoGFJNNE&amp;a=SlHE3Zrk964&amp;playnext_from=ML" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/AfpyoGFJNNE&amp;a=SlHE3Zrk964&amp;playnext_from=ML</a>

The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kjrUOlK2714" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kjrUOlK2714</a>

Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hq-W-4Izjwc&amp;a=SlHE3Zrk964&amp;playnext_from=ML" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Hq-W-4Izjwc&amp;a=SlHE3Zrk964&amp;playnext_from=ML</a>

Mr. Ambulance Driver (it says the video is for "Do You Realize??" but it's not)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/tEWViGmX8Lw&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/tEWViGmX8Lw&amp;feature=related</a>

Are You a Hypnotist?? (one of my favorites)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BYKdIukYKc8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/BYKdIukYKc8</a>

Fight Test
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7EbrMAZbFpo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7EbrMAZbFpo</a>

Not nearly all of their videos, but some. Just what I could find for now. :)

audrey palmer

• *get lucky riff*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 04:52:27 PM »

Some of my photos

One of the best concert experiences of my life! So much so that I became even more obsessed with them and when I went to L.A. shortly after I got their V.O.I.D. dvd!

disco

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 04:57:40 PM »

Nice pics Paige! :)
They're great live, their concerts are some of the best experiences ever.

And I love the V.O.I.D. dvd :D

piWOW00

• Just b♮
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 06:43:35 PM »

Shianne I share your obsession with them! And it's so easy to feed my obsession too because Wayne lives in OKC, my hometown.

\
This was last years annual Ghouls Gone Wild Halloween parade in OKC. Every year Wayne does a March of the 1000 flaming skeletons thing for the parade. I tried to sign up to be a skeleton but was too late :'( Maybe next year...

\
That's me, from that point me and my friend were chasing him through the parade...

</
...and we creepily got pretty close  ;D

</
Before the New years eve show 09/10

</

</
From this angle Wayne looks like he has man boobs :D

</
The W.A.N.D.

</

</

</
If you could get a chance to see them live please do!! They're just one of a kind. One of the best nights of my life!
And the breeze would touch your hair, kiss your face and make you care about your world, your summer world...

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 06:52:37 PM »

Those are really good pictures! I really wanna do the March of 1000 Skeletons, but I think you have to be 18, which I am not. :(

It's awesome that you're from OKC. I love it there, I'm going there every year from now on the NYE.
I wanna meet up with you next time, if you go again. :)

piWOW00

• Just b♮
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2010, 07:05:00 PM »

I'll be there next year,  I've gone every year. We'll have to meet up too. You're one of the first people I've heard  say it's a great city, usually people come here and pass it off as crap. It's actually really cool if you look hard enough. Especially around where Wayne lives in the arts district  :)
And the breeze would touch your hair, kiss your face and make you care about your world, your summer world...

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2010, 07:09:20 PM »

I love it in OKC, I went for the first time this past year and I had a great time. :)

twocentsup

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2010, 11:11:00 PM »

one of my new favorites. NEED to see these guys live. i think this year since i only live 3 hours away from OKC i'm gonna make it to the March and the NYE show.

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2010, 02:34:34 PM »

one of my new favorites. NEED to see these guys live. i think this year since i only live 3 hours away from OKC i'm gonna make it to the March and the NYE show.

That's awesome! I'll see you at NYE, my friend.

pbass79cam

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2010, 12:10:26 PM »

wow, i just found this forum, and happened upon this great thread and im just thrilled to see other people that love the lips as much as me! :DD and btw shianne, i love your quote from placebo headwound, i think if i had to pick a favorite lips song that would be it, as well as the clouds taste metallic album as a whole. :) its nice to find someone that likes the same stuff.
When you smile
All of the subatomic pieces come together and
Unfold themselves in a second...
Every single molecule is right, when
All of the subatomic pieces come together and unfold
Themselves in a second.

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2010, 02:24:25 PM »

wow, i just found this forum, and happened upon this great thread and im just thrilled to see other people that love the lips as much as me! :DD and btw shianne, i love your quote from placebo headwound, i think if i had to pick a favorite lips song that would be it, as well as the clouds taste metallic album as a whole. :) its nice to find someone that likes the same stuff.

Ahh yes, I have a strong strong strong love for the Lips.
Clouds is definitely one of my favorite albums. It's probably between that and Yoshimi, because Yoshimi's so chill and Clouds is all rockin' out. :D

pbass79cam

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2010, 02:54:23 PM »

Clouds is definitely one of my favorite albums. It's probably between that and Yoshimi, because Yoshimi's so chill and Clouds is all rockin' out. :D

ah yes, i just recently got yoshimi on vinyl. i have an intensely amazing time listening to it in my dorm room through surround sound. its surreal. im going on an adventure today to either get the soft bulletin, or congratulations on vinyl. i would have already got congratulations but ive been trying to find out if there is any possible way to still get a lithograph since i didnt have time to pre-order. you dont understand how much it has been bothering me lately that i didnt pre-order in time... :'(
When you smile
Themselves in a second.

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2010, 03:01:52 PM »

ah yes, i just recently got yoshimi on vinyl. i have an intensely amazing time listening to it in my dorm room through surround sound. its surreal. im going on an adventure today to either get the soft bulletin, or congratulations on vinyl. i would have already got congratulations but ive been trying to find out if there is any possible way to still get a lithograph since i didnt have time to pre-order. you dont understand how much it has been bothering me lately that i didnt pre-order in time... :'(

One time I was driving at night listening to Yoshimi, it was awesome ;D

pbass79cam

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2010, 03:04:43 PM »

yeah, last week i was driving back to school (1 and a half hour drive) and listening to congratulations and almost couldnt function enough to drive it was so trippy and amazing! :D
When you smile
Themselves in a second.

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2010, 03:13:17 PM »

yeah, last week i was driving back to school (1 and a half hour drive) and listening to congratulations and almost couldnt function enough to drive it was so trippy and amazing! :D

Congratulations is definitely gonna be the soundtrack to my summer :D

pbass79cam

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2010, 06:09:44 PM »

i have never heard words so true to myself! it will be mine too! heck, its all ive been listening to lately other than my other regulars on vinyl. :)
When you smile
Themselves in a second.

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2010, 06:33:22 PM »

i have never heard words so true to myself! it will be mine too! heck, its all ive been listening to lately other than my other regulars on vinyl. :)

I've been listening to Congratulations a lot, and a lot of Vampire Weekend.
Earlier when I was in the car I was blasting Flash Delirium ;D

pbass79cam

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2010, 07:58:09 PM »

I've been listening to Congratulations a lot, and a lot of Vampire Weekend.
Earlier when I was in the car I was blasting Flash Delirium ;D

:DD ah! ive been listening to contra on vinyl a good bit lately, and I JUST GOT BACK from the record store and now have congratulations on vinyl, and got a FREE lithograph!!!! :DDD im ending this comment right as "its working" is ending... ;)
When you smile
Themselves in a second.

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2010, 08:04:18 PM »

That's awesome! I have the lithograph too. :)

pbass79cam

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2010, 08:14:01 PM »

yeah, i was really sad before when i thought i couldnt get it, but i was so excited when they had a box of em in the store labeled "free with purchase" XP
When you smile
Themselves in a second.

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2010, 08:35:26 PM »

yeah, i was really sad before when i thought i couldnt get it, but i was so excited when they had a box of em in the store labeled "free with purchase" XP

Awesome that you got it, it looks so cool :D
I'm putting mine on the wall in my room haha

pbass79cam

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2010, 04:32:35 PM »

haha, i did right after i got off of the computer! :D
When you smile
Themselves in a second.

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2010, 06:32:54 PM »

Haha awesome!

There's gonna be Record Day this weekend and MGMT and the Lips released vinyls just for Record Day. I'm hoping to go out and get both, even though I sadly don't have a record player.
I'm gonna try to get Andrew to sign it when I see him in two months :D

pbass79cam

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2010, 11:40:37 AM »

i know!!! i have to work! :'( but you can actually just buy the dark side of the moon flaming lips vinyl on their store, its not just for record store day, and thats all i knew about that they were releasing, but yes, mgmt is releasing siberian breaks on a 7" single, and i want it SOOOOO bad!

Haha awesome!

There's gonna be Record Day this weekend and MGMT and the Lips released vinyls just for Record Day. I'm hoping to go out and get both, even though I sadly don't have a record player.
When you smile
Themselves in a second.

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2010, 07:27:40 PM »

I forgot to post the new Flaming Lips video, for the song Powerless!

Powerless:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/wQwnzBN0dQk" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/wQwnzBN0dQk</a>

pbass79cam

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2010, 09:28:47 PM »

i know!!! i have to work! :'( but you can actually just buy the dark side of the moon flaming lips vinyl on their store, its not just for record store day, and thats all i knew about that they were releasing, but yes, mgmt is releasing siberian breaks on a 7" single, and i want it SOOOOO bad!

Haha awesome!

my reply to your last post went blank. :'( i forgot what i said. haha :P
When you smile
Themselves in a second.

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2010, 08:10:53 PM »

So what's everyone's favorite album??

Haha sorry I just wanna keep this thread alive ;D
What is everyone's favorite Lips album? :)

pbass79cam

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2010, 11:22:12 AM »

So what's everyone's favorite album??

Haha sorry I just wanna keep this thread alive ;D
What is everyone's favorite Lips album? :)

i think that if i had to pick just 1, i would say..... clouds taste metallic. that album just has so many great songs that can speak to me, its just an amazing aural experience. :)
When you smile
Themselves in a second.

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2010, 02:52:56 PM »

Clouds is one of my favorites too! Everything song on it is so different from every other song, it's placed together very well.

pbass79cam

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2010, 03:29:13 PM »

Clouds is one of my favorites too! Everything song on it is so different from every other song, it's placed together very well.

def agree with that statement! whats your fav album by the lips? :)
When you smile
Themselves in a second.

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2010, 04:28:14 PM »

It's between Clouds and Yoshimi. They're all great, though. :)

pbass79cam

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2010, 05:04:38 PM »

ah, i got yoshimi on red vinyl recently. def one of the best! :D
When you smile
Themselves in a second.

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2010, 06:09:27 PM »

ah, i got yoshimi on red vinyl recently. def one of the best! :D

Of course!

pbass79cam

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2010, 06:19:00 PM »

i guess nobody loves the flaming lips anymore since we are the only ones saying anything. hahaha. :P
When you smile
Themselves in a second.

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2010, 06:21:22 PM »

Haha I know :P

Abby Road

• shake it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2010, 09:32:20 PM »

I LIKE THEM!  Is Yoshimi still being made into a musical?

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2010, 09:53:40 PM »

I know you like them Abby ;)
I never heard about that happening, I'l ask my mom (Flaming Lips EXPERT btw)

pbass79cam

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2010, 09:52:13 PM »

I know you like them Abby ;)
I never heard about that happening, I'l ask my mom (Flaming Lips EXPERT btw)

haha, i dont think thats still in production after it halted due to that writer's strike. but wow, lucky you. i wish my mom was a flaming lips expert, haha. she doesnt even know what they play. XP
When you smile
Themselves in a second.

IntoTheForest

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2010, 12:41:42 AM »

Hey everyone, I loves me some Flaming Lips.  But I'm a n00b. I only know of Embryonic and The Soft Bulletin. I love both, but I'm a fan of the darkness of Embryonic...can anyone recommend which album I should pick up next?

Also, I got to see them at Treasure Island last year. It was pretty amazing, but it would have been a lot better if the weather was nicer. It was cold and windy, so the crowd was pretty frozen and all the confetti and balloons kept blowing away. I'd love to see them in an arena. The pics you guys have look awesome!  :D

It's definately comes with Wine in it , delivered via a Van straight to the Garden  .

pbass79cam

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2010, 12:23:56 PM »

Hey everyone, I loves me some Flaming Lips.  But I'm a n00b. I only know of Embryonic and The Soft Bulletin. I love both, but I'm a fan of the darkness of Embryonic...can anyone recommend which album I should pick up next?

Also, I got to see them at Treasure Island last year. It was pretty amazing, but it would have been a lot better if the weather was nicer. It was cold and windy, so the crowd was pretty frozen and all the confetti and balloons kept blowing away. I'd love to see them in an arena. The pics you guys have look awesome!  :D

hmmm, try "at war with the mystics" and "yoshimi battles the pink robots". listen to them a few times the whole way through and let us know what you think, and we can tell you a few of their older albums you should check out. :)
When you smile
Themselves in a second.

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2010, 02:33:23 PM »

Hey! :)
If you're just becoming a fan, then "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots" and "At War With the Mystics" would be the way to go. It's hard to get into the old Lips stuff if you're not a huge fan, but maybe "Clouds Taste Metallic" would be good, but it's very different because it's a guitar based album and now they're a lot about electric sounds.
I hope you get to see them again at some point! It is kinda hard to put a Lips show on outdoors sometimes, because weather can very easily mess up the way their equipment it set up.

I hope I helped you with recommendations. :D

Charlotte Sometimes.

• ♫*Music Is My Everything*♫
    • View Profile
    • ~ My youtube channel ~
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2010, 02:41:16 PM »

i guess nobody loves the flaming lips anymore since we are the only ones saying anything. hahaha. :P
…I like them, I have seen them 4 times (maybe 5 can't remember  :P), if I didn't commented it's because I don't have enough time to write in every thread  ;)
~ Please,ignore the above post.It was written only to invoke pity and/or sympathy and/or laughs. ~
<- Does it bother you that the picture doesn't show?

pbass79cam

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2010, 03:16:31 PM »

If you're just becoming a fan, then "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots" and "At War With the Mystics" would be the way to go. It's hard to get into the old Lips stuff if you're not a huge fan, but maybe "Clouds Taste Metallic" would be good, but it's very different because it's a guitar based album and now they're a lot about electric sounds.
I hope you get to see them again at some point! It is kinda hard to put a Lips show on outdoors sometimes, because weather can very easily mess up the way their equipment it set up.

haha, looks like great minds think alike. :)
When you smile
Themselves in a second.

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2010, 03:59:53 PM »

haha, looks like great minds think alike. :)

Of course. ;)

smilingbluebelly

• no pretense
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2010, 05:57:16 PM »

I was in the stands and the balloons filled with confetti kept floating over to us, breaking and raining confetti on us. Didn't expect to get any confetti so far from the stage!
being drunk on their plan, they lifted up the sun

I still think all the stuff that looks inexplicably related/complementary is just us seeing a tiny fraction of a bigger interconnected whole; we're seeing the intersection of a higher-dimensional phenomenon slicing through our 3+ dimensional existence.

smilingbluebelly

• no pretense
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2010, 05:58:34 PM »

Favorite albums: Soft Bulletin, Clouds Taste Metallic and In a Priest Driven Ambulance, ...although they are almost all excellent!

I still think all the stuff that looks inexplicably related/complementary is just us seeing a tiny fraction of a bigger interconnected whole; we're seeing the intersection of a higher-dimensional phenomenon slicing through our 3+ dimensional existence.

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2010, 06:04:07 PM »

They're all very good! ;D
I was at the New Years Eve show and I didn't wear my shoes all day (because they hurt my feet), and I ended up getting a lot of confetti in my shoes, and they were on the ground in their sides! I don't know how it got in there, haha, the confetti and balloons are so fun. :D

smilingbluebelly

• no pretense
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2010, 10:34:50 PM »

They use so much confetti. It gets everywhere.  :D
I haven't seen them at a proper inside headlining show since New Years Eve Eve in San Francisco. I guess it was 2007. There was a lot of confetti on the floor when that show ended!

pbass79cam

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2010, 02:11:26 PM »

haha, i saved some confetti and glow sticks that they shot out when they played in bham AL at city stages a few years back. best show of my life!! :D
When you smile
Themselves in a second.

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2010, 02:38:02 PM »

I have some confetti saved in a bag in my room, haha. ;D

chellll

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2010, 08:24:49 AM »

i cant believe ive only recently discovered them :O i love Embryonic my fave track's probably Watching the Planets, not listened to much of their older stuff, anyone recommend any specific older songs??

piWOW00

• Just b♮
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2010, 11:12:02 AM »

I forgot to post the new Flaming Lips video, for the song Powerless!

WOah!! i know the girl in the video! Her name is Myra, I went her my best friend and her to get tattoos! They both got the Aum symbol, and I just chickened out..

mssaram

• View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2010, 12:11:03 PM »

Im ashamed to say I haven't really delve into their music as I should. *ducks*

Although, one of my favorite songs to play on the ukulele is Yoshimi. Also, Iron&Wine does a really great cover of Waiting for Superman.

They're really great musicians and their live performances look just spectacular! I hope Im able to see them one day. The skeleton march looks like it would be so much fun!

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2010, 02:46:31 PM »

i cant believe ive only recently discovered them :O i love Embryonic my fave track's probably Watching the Planets, not listened to much of their older stuff, anyone recommend any specific older songs??

Well two older albums that I can recommend (if you're more of an Embryonic fan) would be Clouds Taste Metallic and the Soft Bulletin. Some tracks that could get you started are:

Race For the Prize (Soft Bulletin)
Buggin' (Soft Bulletin)
What is the Light? (Soft Bulletin)
The Gash (Soft Bulletin)
Placebo Headwound (Clouds Taste Metallic)
Brainville (Clods Taste Metallic)
Guy Who Got a Headache and Accidentally Saves the World (Clouds Taste Metallic)
Bad Days (Clouds Taste Metallic)

Those two albums seem the most similar to Embryonic, in my opinion. I hope those suggestions help! :)

moonflower

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2010, 03:06:56 PM »

I'm starting to really get into them & explore all their music. I love Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots. Gonna check out those recommendations too, thanks!

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2010, 03:11:54 PM »

No problem!

I'm seeing them on 7/20 this year, I'm so excited!! I haven't seen them since New Years Eve, I mess them, haha.

By the way guys, Kliph said happy birthday to me on Monday!! ;D

moonflower

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2010, 02:59:33 AM »

Aww that's great! Their live performances seriously look AMAZING, I wanna see them one day!
& How awesome is that?!! :D Happy belated birthday girl 

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2010, 09:35:18 AM »

Haha thank you!
I've met Kliph a few times and messaged him on Myspace (lol) and Facebook, he's a really nice guy. He actually really loves Congratulations! :D

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2010, 04:10:44 PM »

NEW FLAMING LIPS VIDEO!

Do not watch this if you are sensitive to blood.

The Sparrow Looks Up at the Machine
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/FxfWTvJD1q8&amp;playnext_from=TL&amp;videos=oGQA32Sr9v0&amp;feature=sub" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/FxfWTvJD1q8&amp;playnext_from=TL&amp;videos=oGQA32Sr9v0&amp;feature=sub</a>

laerke22

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2010, 05:01:54 AM »

I love The Flaming Lips, they are just incredible and awesome!

My favourite album is "Yoshimi battles the Pink Robots"
"Do you realize" makes me cry, and "Yoshimi battles the Pink Robots" makes me dance.
Their songs are just so moving.

Especially their concert in Oklahoma City "U.F.O 's at the zoo" was AWESOME!

(I haven't seen them live, but anyway..  :)  ..)

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2010, 11:56:01 AM »

Yoshimi is one of my favorites. :)

You should see them live when you get the chance, they're amazing!

laerke22

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2010, 01:57:13 PM »

I bet they're amazing! :)

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2010, 02:00:00 PM »

Just so you all know, the next Flaming Lips video coming up is See the Leaves. I heard from my friend who works with them. :)
I'll post it when it releases, I have no clue when/if they've worked on it yet

SlowBreathe

• wide open arms can feel so cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2010, 12:00:46 AM »

I'm listening to Cloud Tastes Metallic rt now and, oh my gawd, what a FUCKING GREAT RECORD. I've listened several times before but, wow, right now it's like the perfect timing.

I love the Lips. I'm madly in love with this band.

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2010, 11:08:38 AM »

I'm listening to Cloud Tastes Metallic rt now and, oh my gawd, what a FUCKING GREAT RECORD. I've listened several times before but, wow, right now it's like the perfect timing.

I love the Lips. I'm madly in love with this band.

Clouds is so amazing, I love it. I could be in any mood to listen to it.

IntoTheForest

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2010, 12:02:37 PM »

Just so you all know, the next Flaming Lips video coming up is See the Leaves. I heard from my friend who works with them. :)

WOOO! This one is one of my favorites!

Then again, given the track record of their latest vids, it's probably gonna involve some half naked chick doing something strange. While bound with duct tape.

It's definately comes with Wine in it , delivered via a Van straight to the Garden  .

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2010, 12:09:12 PM »

WOOO! This one is one of my favorites!

Then again, given the track record of their latest vids, it's probably gonna involve some half naked chick doing something strange. While bound with duct tape.

that is very likely, haha. the past two videos have.

SlowBreathe

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2010, 06:48:00 PM »

Thanks for the info! That's my favourite track of Embryonic. BTW, the last video it's really scary.

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2010, 06:52:44 PM »

Thanks for the info! That's my favourite track of Embryonic. BTW, the last video it's really scary.

my favorites are Evil, Sagittarius Silver Announcement, and The Ego's Last Stand. and Silver Trembling Hands and Watching the Planets, and all of them because it's such a good fucking record

when i was watching it i nearly had one eye closed, it was freaky. on this album wayne has been doing weird things with the videos. in watching the planets i saw his penis and in the last video we see a girl getting her finger/toe blood everywhere. it's just getting kind of odd, but not in a way that it's bad.

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2010, 09:30:44 PM »

just wondering what your opinions are on the Lips' cover of Bohemian Rhapsody? I really like it, i actually like it more that the original :-X
here's the cover and video for people who haven't heard it

(naked lady warning, just sayin')

craig

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2010, 11:18:38 AM »

just wondering what your opinions are on the Lips' cover of Bohemian Rhapsody? I really like it, i actually like it more that the original :-X
here's the cover and video for people who haven't heard it

(naked lady warning, just sayin')

O_O woah. I haven't heard that before. It's amazing to say the least.
the low tide is telling me, when it's over,
to breathe in everything exposed
and comes back to cover me in a blanket
being here's always changing tunes

SlowBreathe

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2010, 04:57:09 PM »

That was perfect!!

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2010, 05:21:35 PM »

it was a bonus track on At War With the Mystics, which is nice since that's not really their greatest album :-X

Ragaga

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2010, 07:03:50 PM »

I'm gonna see them live tomorrow! Too excited :)

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2010, 07:05:41 PM »

I'm gonna see them live tomorrow! Too excited :)

awesome! have fun! ;D

i was actually going to go to that show, i got tickets, but it turns out it's a four hour drive which i can't do. i thought it'd only be two hours. :-\

Ragaga

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2010, 07:32:55 PM »

Aww that sucks!

Sadly, I haven't gotten the chance to listen to Embryonic thoroughly (Actually, I've been a little lazy) So I'm rushing to get familiar with the songs lol

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2010, 07:39:47 PM »

haha, it's a great album! i'm sure you'll start to get into it pretty quickly

Ragaga

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2010, 07:59:27 PM »

Okay. "Sparrow Looks Up at the Machine" has to be the most orgasmic song ever.

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 19, 2010, 08:14:09 PM »

i love that song, but the video terrified me a bit, haha

Ragaga

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2010, 11:35:48 PM »

Goddamn, they hit all the right spots with me. They started with Worm Mountain (No MGMT :( ), then did Silver Trembling Hands, if I remember correctly. Had some pretty awesome participation by the audience in I Can Be a Frog and some pretty fucking awesome images in the screen for Sparrow Looks Up at the Machine and Pompeii am Götterdämmerung. They also played The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song and The W.A.N.D. with Wayne babbling about how George Bush was a bad president. They also played See the Leaves, In the Morning of the Magicians, She Don't Use Jelly, Yoshimi, and finished with Do You Realize. All in all, a pretty amazing concert. Best concert I've been to by far, it was a very visual experience, very awesome.

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2010, 12:23:22 AM »

yay! that sounds amazing, i'm glad you had fun! haha of course wayne did his speech. sounds like a good setlist, i love In the Morning of the Magicians live. it's just amazing.
but they didn't play Vein of Stars? they played that the last two times i saw them. but when i saw them we didn't get I Can Be a Frog so i guess that's replaced it.

haha sorry for going on and on, but i'm glad you had a good time. did wayne make kliph do weird impressions for I Can Be a Frog? :D

Ragaga

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2010, 12:37:58 AM »

Yes he did! It was hilarious.

I might be missing a song or two, it was all so hectic. The stage was like 40 feet from the train tracks, and they put mics by the tracks in case it passed by, and it did right after they finished one of the songs, so Wayne told us all how awesome the sound of a train is (and it was awesome). Wayne said, "Man, I wish we sounded like that" and Steven said "I think we do, sometimes."

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2010, 01:18:35 PM »

that's awesome! ;D

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2010, 10:20:03 PM »

i feel bad for not posting the live feed from tonight in this thread, i'm sorry :-[
BUT the lips will be on letterman tomorrow night. :)

edit- something else i wanted to share, i got yoshimi on vinyl! well, my mom got it, but same thing.

Abby Road

• shake it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2010, 10:27:56 PM »

i feel bad for not posting the live feed from tonight in this thread, i'm sorry :-[
BUT the lips will be on letterman tomorrow night. :)

edit- something else i wanted to share, i got yoshimi on vinyl! well, my mom got it, but same thing.

it was a great concert!!  i'll have to DVR letterman fo sho.

Ragaga

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2010, 07:30:10 PM »

I hope they play Watching the Planets! Actually, anything will do! I'm quite excited!

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2010, 07:36:17 PM »

the pre taped it, there's a video for it but i didn't want to watch it. i think i know what song they're playing...
and there's a chance that karen o is doing it with them, but i don't know it they got her.

Ragaga

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2010, 07:39:32 PM »

Ah, if she is doing this with them this show would be absolutely fantastic

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2010, 05:24:29 PM »

video still from the see the leaves video!! wayne tweeted it :)
http://yfrog.com/bheolwj

looks a lot like the beginning of the watching the plants video, hmm... ;D

Ragaga

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 25, 2010, 07:19:38 PM »

Yeah! That is most definitely the Watching the Planets vagina/ball/thing and the girl from the Powerless/Sparrow videos. Hmm this should be interesting

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 26, 2010, 12:21:37 AM »

yeah, i'm starting to think that maybe wayne has some sort of story going on with his videos, but i'm not quite sure what it is haha

Ragaga

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 26, 2010, 02:35:01 PM »

HOLY FHADSFNALMJSVD Yoshimi Pt. 1 is in Rock Band 3! I'm going to have so much fun with this game!

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2010, 04:40:54 PM »

omg, I can't believe I forgot to post that here. But yeah I'm so excited! TGHHFgGESGKOKGEFHUJGuGRGjUNFvfGAAAAAAHHHH

Emma :)

• "We've been taking advantage of your beaches"
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 07, 2010, 02:10:08 AM »

OMG I AM SEEING THEM ON THE 26TH SEPTEMBER

jshdgjkdgkjdfhgkjdhgiudhguirdnbkdj ;D ;D ;D

"I thought you were friendly people!"

Cecilie

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 07, 2010, 05:20:44 AM »

ask if they remember me haha 8)
He's fat, he's a dork, and I'm awesome

gulsah

• View Profile
    • last.fm
« Reply #109 on: September 07, 2010, 08:10:03 AM »

oh my gosh! so jealous! i really wish i could have been around when they came here >.<
i hope you have a blast! n___n

mouret

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 07, 2010, 08:12:57 AM »

Heeey, I'm seeing them on the 26th too, Emma! We keep ending up at the same concerts, haha.

Abby Road

• shake it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 07, 2010, 09:43:32 AM »

\\//\\// 000000000000000 !  is it general admission?  try to get close so wayne can walk on you  :P

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 07, 2010, 02:33:31 PM »

JAKSBAKDUFGYAWETUGRNI8VUWYEN EMMAAAAAAAA <333333
you're going to have such a great time ialsfhksgbdjgvzkgb
hehehe if you meet kliph or steven they'll probs remember me (esp. kliphy) ;D

oh gosh i miss them so much.

but yes YOU WILL HAVE AN AMAZING TIME ;D ;D ;D

audrey palmer

• *get lucky riff*
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 07, 2010, 03:58:59 PM »

Sometimes I wish that Wayne Coyne married Andrew, if u kno wat i meen.

disco

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 07, 2010, 04:22:41 PM »

Sometimes I wish that Wayne Coyne married Andrew, if u kno wat i meen.

hehehehe IKR! ;D

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 07, 2010, 04:41:49 PM »

AAAAAAAAAAH, THANK YOU GUYS!!

mouret, that's so funny! haha

if i meet them i will mention you, shianne 8)

it is general admission, so i will try to get right to the front!

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 07, 2010, 04:52:56 PM »

awww :-*

you have such great luck at concerts, i bet you'll get right up front and everything!

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 07, 2010, 07:47:44 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MrnY4ofKMi0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MrnY4ofKMi0</a>

the all we have is now books are out!!! i already ordered mine and it's shipped!! ;D
and in the book, there are four events featured. i don't remember all four but two of them i was at!! :D :D
i'm so excited to get it!

and i also looked at the flaming lips time lapse video, i have the highest rated comment :D

(sorry for the overuse of smileys)

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 07, 2010, 08:11:28 PM »

yay!!! that is so cool that you were at two of the featured events.

haha, i saw that comment! :D

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 21, 2010, 04:50:22 PM »

http://yfrog.com/77v4pz

wayne just tweeted this, i love steven so much!! :D

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 24, 2010, 03:05:10 PM »

the 'see the leaves' video is out!! (nsfw, just warning you)

http://pitchfork.com/tv/#/musicvideo/8402-the-flaming-lips-see-the-leaves-warner-bros

Abby Road

• shake it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 24, 2010, 04:29:09 PM »

^always with the gine towns

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 24, 2010, 05:41:05 PM »

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 27, 2010, 02:43:09 AM »

i just met steven and kliph you guys, sdjgdhgjkdfhgkjdfghkjgdjfgk

SHIANNE, GET IN HERE GURRRL omg i will wait until tomorrow to write anymore, because i promised shianne hehehe :-*

Cecilie

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 27, 2010, 02:55:51 AM »

what did they say ;) tell them hi from me hahaha

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 27, 2010, 03:14:49 AM »

cecilie omg i tried to call you but it didn't work, djgdjsgh i thought your phone liked me >:( :'(

Cecilie

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 27, 2010, 05:20:47 AM »

haha lol yeah I don't have any missed calls :o

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 27, 2010, 05:26:36 AM »

i know, it kept saying that it couldn't dial through ugh :'(

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 27, 2010, 06:06:24 AM »

OH MY GOD WHAT DID YOU GUYS TALK ABOUT :D :D :D
I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 27, 2010, 06:35:05 AM »

YOU - haha, it was soooo weird at first because i was like "lol do u remember sh1ann3" but then i told him about you etc and he totally remembered you of course 8) i would have got a picture with him but my camera battery died as usual, oh well :D I LOVE HIM THOUGH. he is so sweet and awesome!!!

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 27, 2010, 06:42:16 AM »

ok guys, i was just about to post this on tumblr but it's not working for me right now...i will post it on there tomorrow but i didn't want to type it all out again (i'm so tired haha) so here's what i said:

last night was so incredible and surreal and beautiful (': wayne waved at me and walked over me in his giant bubble and held my hand for like, two seconds and i met steven and kliph but i didn't get a picture with kliph because my camera battery died, what a little devil. i asked him if he remembered shianne (because she knows them) and he did, which made me really happy :''') i basically started crying during do you realize because i was so overwhelmed and the confetti was blowing everywhere and everyone was dancing and i just couldn't even breathe. wayne said that they took a chance and put all of their equipment right at the front of the stage even though it rains every freaking day in vancouver and was supposed to pour tonight...he said that they decided to put everything out anyways, and if it started to rain they would just move it all to the back of the stage. it didn't rain once and at the end of the show he said that he knew it wouldn't rain all along, that he had a feeling it wouldn't and it didn't. don't get me wrong, the rain would have been awesome as well but i told my mum just before we left that i had the same feeling, that it wasn't going to rain. i think that's really cool, i know it probably isn't but IT IS TO ME. i had so much fun it's not even normal, wow. a guy elbowed me in the face though so now i am in so much pain because my cheek/tooth etc whatever you want to call it was in pain to begin with, but it's ok...i am so happy (':

;D ;D ;D

i will post pictures tomorrow ;) 8)

gulsah

• View Profile
    • last.fm
« Reply #131 on: September 27, 2010, 11:11:38 AM »

^ that sounds fantastic! except the elbow part D;
ugh i want to see them SO bad, do they go on tour often? you really don't know how angry i am that i was away when they came haha, i always talk about it X_X
im late on viewing the new video, i don't quite understand it  :-X but the last shot is absolutely beautiful

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 27, 2010, 01:46:56 PM »

oh my god that is so amazing :o
and ty so much for asking about me ILY FOREVER :-*
yhfyerujfhu i'm so happy he remembers :''')

edit: gulsah they do tour often :)

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 27, 2010, 06:43:58 PM »

i knew he would!! sfhdfjkdgsdjh you are welcome, it was so mind-blowing and just omg, 478464856x better than i had even expected, I AM SO HAPPY :D :D :D

gulsah, yes it was! the elbow thing sucked, but i didn't even care :D later on, the guy that hit me fell on his back right into the thick mud so he got his payback, karma's a bitch 8)

but oh my gosh, the mud was SO THICK - my boots got totally soaked!

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 13, 2010, 06:13:43 AM »

new pandora interview with steven :)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/OPHgQ0HtZEg&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/OPHgQ0HtZEg&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 13, 2010, 02:34:26 PM »

i hate to double post, but....OH MY ACTUAL GOD.
i never thought in a million years they'd make a video for this song but they did.

i was zapped by the super lucky rainbow!!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/J9pSmyoJmEU&amp;feature=sub" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/J9pSmyoJmEU&amp;feature=sub</a>

lala

• Would you feel better holding the stars up?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 13, 2010, 05:57:45 PM »

Me:  We drove six hours
Andrew VanWyngarden:  Drumstick Towers?  *giggles*

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 13, 2010, 06:04:05 PM »

ugh, i almost vomited when i watched that :P

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 13, 2010, 06:08:48 PM »

i was going to post that here yesterday but decided against it because i also almost vomited watching it :-X
i don't have problems with blood, but needles....watching his get the blood taken and then drawing a picture with it freaked me out a bit urgkwbfehjey

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 13, 2010, 06:09:39 PM »

i was going to post that here yesterday but decided against it because i also almost vomited watching it :-X
i don't have problems with blood, but needles....watching his get the blood taken and then drawing a picture with it freaked me out a bit urgkwbfehjey

right? i'm more blood phobic than needle phobic tbh, eugh afhsdkhakdkd just no.

Abby Road

• shake it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 13, 2010, 06:59:54 PM »

If you're into this kind of thing...
http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/wayne-coyne-screenprints-with-his-own-blood

i think it's pretty awesome.  at first i wondered why i hadnt thought of that, but then i remembered that i am not in anything related to the poster business.  GO WAYNE

And Shianne, that's such a fun video!!

kristeenuh

• HERP DERP
    • View Profile
    • Facebizzle
« Reply #141 on: October 13, 2010, 07:04:31 PM »

If you're into this kind of thing...
http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/wayne-coyne-screenprints-with-his-own-blood

That is the most hardcore thing I've ever seen in my life. I wanna do that! :D
"Who the hell is Oscar Mayer and WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT TO BE HIS WIENER?!" - my friend Roshni

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 13, 2010, 09:03:17 PM »

lmao-sorry Emma and Shi!  I honestly didn't even watch it because the thought scunnered me.

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 13, 2010, 09:15:30 PM »

lmao-sorry Emma and Shi!  I honestly didn't even watch it because the thought scunnered me.

haha it's fine, i actually already saw it yesterday so it's not your fault :D

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 13, 2010, 09:22:17 PM »

haha it's fine, i actually already saw it yesterday so it's not your fault :D

It figures that Abby and Kristeenuh liked it though...they're some pretty sick tickets....twisted sisters.

mothincubated

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 14, 2010, 04:46:00 PM »

i hate to double post, but....OH MY ACTUAL GOD.
i never thought in a million years they'd make a video for this song but they did.

i was zapped by the super lucky rainbow!!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/J9pSmyoJmEU&amp;feature=sub" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/J9pSmyoJmEU&amp;feature=sub</a>
what is this from, ive been into the lips pretty hard for almost two years now, and ive never heard of this song/video before.
you sat along the fire, you saw the light, you suffer, no

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 14, 2010, 05:00:35 PM »

the song is from the soundtrack for the movie good luck chuck. the video was made verrrry recently, it was just posted on their youtube two days ago, i think.

smilingbluebelly

• no pretense
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 18, 2010, 07:59:43 PM »

shianne

• View Profile

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 23, 2010, 06:37:49 PM »

the march of 1000 flaming skeletons is tonight!! ugh i wish i could go, but it's in okc and you have to be 18 to participate :-\ i will one day though!
(for those of you who don't know what that is)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5-MJPzFTZG4&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5-MJPzFTZG4&amp;feature=player_embedded</a>

and the lips announced the new years eve show today!! tix go on sale october 30th!! and stardeath and white dwarfs if playing as well <3
anyone else coming out for new years? i'm definitely flying out for that 8)

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #150 on: October 23, 2010, 08:50:33 PM »

sorry for double posting, but verrrry important thing.

THE LIPS WILL BE PERFORMING THE SOFT BULLETIN IN IT'S ENTIRETY ON NEW YEARS EVE. OH MY FUCKING GOD YOU HAVE NO CLUE HOW MUCH THIS MEANS TO ME OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD
I WILL BE SEEING THE GASH AND WHAT IS THE LIGHT LIVE THE THOUGHT MAKES ME WANT TO CRY TEARS OF JOY IFESUHFBJERHGFBUKJH

smilingbluebelly

• no pretense
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 29, 2010, 11:31:19 AM »

They are both very powerful and beautiful live!  :)

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 19, 2010, 11:39:26 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5JubwpT3wBI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5JubwpT3wBI</a>
i hope you guys realize how fucking excited i am for this.

12 days 8)

DEAD_FLOWER

• Get crazy with the cheese wiz.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 20, 2010, 04:04:53 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5JubwpT3wBI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5JubwpT3wBI</a>

12 days 8)

Ahh I wish I could go!!! I wanna see the Lips live so bad.

audrey palmer

• *get lucky riff*
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 20, 2010, 05:17:26 PM »

12 days 8)

I hope you realize how fucking jealous I am of this!

I was listening to Embryonic for the first time today and I was thinking about how awesome FL shows are. This video also reminded me of the Soft Bulletin thing, they're doing it in it's entirety in London too as part of this ATP concert series and I want to go even though I only know 'Race For The Prize' from the album ~lol~ That's pretty lame but Flaming Lips shows are so much fun anyway that I bet a bunch of people would go just for the fun of it even if they didn't listen to the band a lot.
BUT THEY'RE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TO LAME 'KIDS' FANS OK.
Anyway...

Are you going to help out with the balloons and stuff again this year?

disco

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 20, 2010, 07:26:51 PM »

yes, you should go to the soft bulletin show! i have a feeling i might start crying...lol
and that's true - it IS different from the kids fans hahah

and i might be going for balloons. i have plans to go but there's a long reason i don't really feel like explaining that we might not haha. but i really hope we get to! ;D

i am so excited irghfeiusrghwkyrt

~ten days ten days teeeeen days~

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 29, 2010, 10:22:15 PM »

i am leaving tomorrow.
the show is on friday.

i am so excited, i am not going to sleep at all tonight haha.

Purplebash

• Seeing is not like belief
    • View Profile
    • Not Enough Hype
« Reply #157 on: December 29, 2010, 10:26:45 PM »

i am leaving tomorrow.
the show is on friday.

You better document this shizz. I'm so excited for you omg!

"But you have to wonder really, how popular are cinnamon roles in the west indies?"

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 02, 2011, 09:10:18 PM »

i am leaving tomorrow.
the show is on friday.

You better document this shizz. I'm so excited for you omg!

i documented some of it! my camera died in the middle of the second day :-\

there's a live cast of the show right now! i've already seen myself like six or seven times haha
http://www1.rollingstone.com/the-flaming-lips

DEAD_FLOWER

• Get crazy with the cheese wiz.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 03, 2011, 02:34:36 PM »

Just read that The Lips are going to be releasing a song every month!

I'm super duper excited...hopefully the cereal box idea comes threw hehe

Purplebash

• View Profile
    • Not Enough Hype
« Reply #160 on: January 03, 2011, 05:52:00 PM »

Wow really? That's genius!

shianne I want to be like you when I get big... and I'm pretty sure I'm older than you xD

"But you have to wonder really, how popular are cinnamon roles in the west indies?"

gulsah

• View Profile
    • last.fm
« Reply #161 on: January 03, 2011, 06:57:16 PM »

is that real? that's amazing!!! my best friend bought me the Embryonic vinyl that came with a bonus CD too (as a late Christmas gift)! I got so excited when I opened it! It's one of my favorite albums!!!! PLUS, the cover as a vinyl looks absolutely phenomenal! I still haven't gotten around to most of their discography though :'[
I have The Dark Side Of the Moon, Embryonic, The Soft Bulletin & Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots
does anyone have albums recommended in order?

&I have already told you how happy I was for you shianne in the other thread but really that's amazing! I really want to try to go next year! (if they do one again)

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 03, 2011, 06:59:48 PM »

Wow really? That's genius!

shianne I want to be like you when I get big... and I'm pretty sure I'm older than you xD

haha aww, you're too sweet :D

feather, yeah i heard about that! i'm so excited!

gulsah, they should be doing it again next year, it's be sooo awesome is you could come! i'm not completely sure if i'm going next year, hopefully i am.
and also, their album that's probably my favorite is clouds taste metallic, but that was before their music got more...electronic-ish, i guess you could say. so it's pretty different, but i love it :)

gulsah

• View Profile
    • last.fm
« Reply #163 on: January 03, 2011, 07:08:50 PM »

will look into it!! thank you!
&I have no idea who would be willing to go with me so I'm not 100% sure if I should go or not... I've never traveled alone ahha but I want to so bad! maybe, by then I'll learn to man up haha! Hopefully you do get to go again!

Cool Kitten No. 2

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 07, 2011, 04:30:41 AM »

i love the spongebob song!
meow

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 07, 2011, 09:18:53 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-xZewwRoIg

ah i love it too!!
"i think we've hit a wall, i think we've hit a psyyychic wall" :D

CircuitsInTheSea

• View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #166 on: January 07, 2011, 09:39:49 PM »

Wayne Coyne is a god! The W.A.N.D. is one of my favorite songs of all time

gulsah

• View Profile
    • last.fm
« Reply #167 on: January 08, 2011, 10:04:06 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-xZewwRoIg

oh my gosh! what is this? I love it!!!! hahaha :'] thank you for posting!!!!

Magical Kid

• It´s all in the mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 09, 2011, 06:14:13 PM »

I actually didn´t know them that well...but seeing this thread made me look them up and I actually like their music a lot!!  :)
If you find the soul that you lost, frozen in a starry void take it within and hope the sight of blood can will signs of life to return...

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 13, 2011, 06:40:30 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WAYNE!!

two weeks ago he and i were just hangin' out...i want to go back so bad. wayne is such a great person, i love him so much. he's one of my heroes.
actually, all of the flaming lips are my heroes. they're all such wonderful people...i can't believe how much i miss them already.

gulsah

• View Profile
    • last.fm
« Reply #170 on: January 14, 2011, 12:56:44 AM »

awh I didn't know it was his birthday yesterday! Happy birth date! n_n haha
I can not believe I never got into their other music (as I mentioned, I am going to, though)
I ran into their cover of "Can't Get You Out Of My Head" and it gave me chills! ABSOLUTELY fantastic!!

Purplebash

• View Profile
    • Not Enough Hype
« Reply #171 on: January 15, 2011, 06:00:47 PM »

OMG I JUST SAW THIS SPONGEBOB TALK

I remember, omg, I so remember when the movie came out and I had my dad download the soundtrack (stfu it was my thing lol) and I was hearing all these lovely songs and then OMFG, THE FLAMING LIPS.

"Patrick, you see I'm growing a moustache, though you know I must ask you, does it really make me look like a maaan?"

I REMEMBER THIS OH SO WELL

And the rest of the soundtrack.

I shall end my Spongebob orgasm here.

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 15, 2011, 11:25:55 PM »

wayne direct messaged me last night ;D
he said that he likes the drawing i made him for his birthday.

Purplebash

• View Profile
    • Not Enough Hype
« Reply #173 on: January 16, 2011, 11:36:22 AM »

AWWH

I watched the Coachella documentary on Palladia last night. We already have it on DVD but it was just on so we were like "whatever watch it" and Wayne was all in his space bubble and then they showed him talking and it was just all around awesome. I couldn't help but think of you Shianne lol!

Cool Kitten No. 2

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 16, 2011, 11:48:29 AM »

^^ aww
meow

gulsah

• View Profile
    • last.fm
« Reply #175 on: January 16, 2011, 01:28:29 PM »

@shianne, that is so sweet!

AWWH

I watched the Coachella documentary on Palladia last night. We already have it on DVD but it was just on so we were like "whatever watch it" and Wayne was all in his space bubble and then they showed him talking and it was just all around awesome. I couldn't help but think of you Shianne lol!

I was watching that too! It's funny because my mom was making fun of a lot of bands and when they came on she was like "I want to go in that bubble!!" haha! I guess the way she said it isn't as cute in text online  :D

Purplebash

• View Profile
    • Not Enough Hype
« Reply #176 on: January 16, 2011, 01:41:13 PM »

Well my parents actually went to Coachella a few years ago, it wasn't that one in the doc (I don't think... there were a few years in that doc so I really don't know maybe it was that one xD) and they actually got to lift Wayne up in that bubble, I was so jealous.

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 23, 2011, 12:35:49 PM »

i've seen the lips four times and still have never touched wayne's bubble! haha.

i asked wayne his favorite mgmt song :D

smilingbluebelly

• no pretense
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 30, 2011, 04:40:51 PM »

Th old message board is gone! :(

Abby Road

• shake it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 30, 2011, 05:39:24 PM »

i've seen the lips four times and still have never touched wayne's bubble! haha.

Cool dude.  Maybe we'll get lucky in July  ;)

smilingbluebelly

• no pretense
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 30, 2011, 05:45:29 PM »

I touched it at ATP. That was in 2004 or 2005?

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 30, 2011, 06:53:46 PM »

Th old message board is gone! :(

yeah! :-\ but the users of the old board made their own unofficial one. i don't have a link though, i haven't joined.
and it's awesome that you got to touch the bubble ;D

Cool dude.  Maybe we'll get lucky in July  ;)

haha, yeah! i'm so excited ;D

last night wayne told me his opinion on tame impala...

chicago is going to be so great. i miss the lips so much already!

kristeenuh

• HERP DERP
    • View Profile
    • Facebizzle
« Reply #182 on: February 01, 2011, 10:26:32 PM »

SHIANNE! I need your help. I'm about to dl a Flaming Lips album. I only know a few songs. But which albums do you like the best and you think I should download?
"Who the hell is Oscar Mayer and WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT TO BE HIS WIENER?!" - my friend Roshni

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 03, 2011, 07:10:57 AM »

SHIANNE! I need your help. I'm about to dl a Flaming Lips album. I only know a few songs. But which albums do you like the best and you think I should download?

sorry for responding so late!

i think that you should start off with "yoshimi battles the pink robots" and "the soft bulletin." those are the best for ~getting to know~ their stuff :)

Cool Kitten No. 2

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 03, 2011, 09:09:19 AM »

:(

they're playing in my city today with neon indian but its 21+, $55 and there's ice on the roads..

that's like a triple whammy. i guess i really wasn't meant to go
meow

Abby Road

• shake it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 03, 2011, 09:49:00 AM »

they're playing in my city today with neon indian but its 21+, $55 and there's ice on the roads..

there will come a time when it will be the perfect circumstances!

Shi, is there an opener for the Chicago show?  I didn't see it listed anywhere  :-\

kristeenuh

• HERP DERP
    • View Profile
    • Facebizzle
« Reply #186 on: February 03, 2011, 12:32:54 PM »

sorry for responding so late!

i think that you should start off with "yoshimi battles the pink robots" and "the soft bulletin." those are the best for ~getting to know~ their stuff :)
I'M ON IT RIGHT NOW 8)

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 03, 2011, 03:45:37 PM »

Shi, is there an opener for the Chicago show?  I didn't see it listed anywhere  :-\

i don't think there is. usually stardeath would play with them but since it's a soft bulletin show, i don't think so, because it's like two shows. (they do a regular set then all of the soft bulletin)
__

so i made a utopian society named psychic city in school and i made wayne the president. i told him. i got this in response. i'm sort of freaking out right now.

he might actually use it. i would have named a flaming lips song. HOLY SHIT.

Abby Road

• shake it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 03, 2011, 05:13:29 PM »

i don't think there is. usually stardeath would play with them but since it's a soft bulletin show, i don't think so, because it's like two shows. (they do a regular set then all of the soft bulletin)
__

so i made a utopian society named psychic city in school and i made wayne the president. i told him. i got this in response. i'm sort of freaking out right now.

he might actually use it. i would have named a flaming lips song. HOLY SHIT.

HOLY SHEEEET!  You could be Wayne's new muse!

Cool Kitten No. 2

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 04, 2011, 11:37:10 AM »

OMG! thats awesome!
meow

gulsah

• View Profile
    • last.fm
« Reply #190 on: February 04, 2011, 01:22:15 PM »

Seriously, if he does... that is just probably one of the most coolest things... ever!

Purplebash

• View Profile
    • Not Enough Hype
« Reply #191 on: February 04, 2011, 05:19:21 PM »

Duuude... omfg... you don't understand how infinitely rad that will be if it happens!

LOL you'll be like stuffing the CD in people's faces as you walk down the street "I NAMED THIS SONG! I NAMED THIS SONG!"

Cool Kitten No. 2

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 05, 2011, 01:29:27 AM »

I'll be stuffing the CD in people's faces and saying I know the girl who named the song haha

too cool
only complaint is that they're not in my city.
meow

Purplebash

• View Profile
    • Not Enough Hype
« Reply #193 on: February 05, 2011, 02:10:52 PM »

I'll be stuffing the CD in people's faces and saying I know the girl who named the song haha

DEFINITELY lmao.

too cool
only complaint is that they're not in my city.

wow.

they are just too awesome

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 09, 2011, 06:17:47 PM »

this is what i tweeted to wayne

this is what he responded with

this is what he tweeted today

i am freaking the fuck out. i named a flaming lips song. i just listened to a song by a famous band that i named. i. love. life.

Abby Road

• shake it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 09, 2011, 07:08:25 PM »

i am freaking the fuck out. i named a flaming lips song. i just listened to a song by a famous band that i named. i. love. life.

This seriously makes me so pumped!

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 09, 2011, 11:12:24 PM »

Shianne-I don't know anyone who deserves something this cool to happen to them more than you do!  And I've hung out with you.... 8)

kristeenuh

• HERP DERP
    • View Profile
    • Facebizzle
« Reply #197 on: February 09, 2011, 11:20:29 PM »

Seriously, I just went and told a friend who doesn't even know you that you named a song from them. Nonetheless, she shares the excitement with and for you! :)

Abby Road

• shake it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 09, 2011, 11:25:41 PM »

Yeah, the JEW thinks it's super cool too!!

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 09, 2011, 11:30:27 PM »

Yeah, the JEW thinks it's super cool too!!

I love my friends.  I just came home from such a sad night and you guys have me smiling in no time  :D

gulsah

• View Profile
    • last.fm
« Reply #200 on: February 09, 2011, 11:56:19 PM »

WOW! That is... WOW. WAY excited for you!!!!
&The video he posted... niiiiiiiice!
AH!
That seriously is way too amazing!

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 10, 2011, 07:09:46 AM »

aww thank you guys! ;D

smilingbluebelly

• no pretense
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 12, 2011, 04:59:30 PM »

How cool is this!!?? Congratulations, shianne. :)

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 12, 2011, 08:54:26 PM »

thank you! ;D

Chumbum2.0

• how do i do "the thing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 12, 2011, 09:19:01 PM »

I THINK I FOUND THIS ON YOUR TUMBLR

I THINK THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER [/offtopic]
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 12, 2011, 09:39:33 PM »

hahaha yes that is on my tumblr, i laughed so hard at it!

Purplebash

• View Profile
    • Not Enough Hype
« Reply #206 on: February 12, 2011, 11:22:49 PM »

shianne!!! I'm at my friend's house and earlier when I was here I hopped on the forums real fast and clicked this thread, and saw the screenshots at the beginning and was like OMG MUST TELL STORY. So I brought it up and was like "this band, they're.. huge but you probably haven't heard of them" xD but they all HAD heard of the lips! didn't know them well but heard of them at the least haha so I told them all that had happened and they were all

"That is REALLY cool"
"I wish something like that would happen to me!"
"Oh my gosh that's insane! She named a song!!!"

These reactions were just unexpected to me so I was like YAAAYYYY share the love! <3

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 12, 2011, 11:57:19 PM »

shianne!!! I'm at my friend's house and earlier when I was here I hopped on the forums real fast and clicked this thread, and saw the screenshots at the beginning and was like OMG MUST TELL STORY. So I brought it up and was like "this band, they're.. huge but you probably haven't heard of them" xD but they all HAD heard of the lips! didn't know them well but heard of them at the least haha so I told them all that had happened and they were all

"That is REALLY cool"
"I wish something like that would happen to me!"
"Oh my gosh that's insane! She named a song!!!"

These reactions were just unexpected to me so I was like YAAAYYYY share the love! <3

aww, that's so nice! :D

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 16, 2011, 04:09:35 PM »

a new song came out.
i forgot to update here, sorry! it was two days ago.

it's sort of a zaireeka thing...but it's supposed to be with iphones/laptops/etc.

for those who don't know, zaireeka is a sound experiment the lips did a while ago where they had people sit in chairs arranged in a circle and hold boomboxes, with wayne, steven, and michael in the center, telling them when to play, pause, or stop the songs so that certain parts of the songs are played at certain times. it was just a really cool way to listen to their music.

they uploaded all twelve of the tracks to this youtube channel but someone put all of the twelve together here, so you can just hear the song without doing all the work.

and by the way, the song is called "two blobs fucking"

http://suavizado.com/twoblobs/

enjoy!

smilingbluebelly

• no pretense
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 19, 2011, 09:23:08 PM »

Thanks for that link, shianne. :)

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: February 22, 2011, 09:05:50 PM »

HAPPY FLAMING LIPS DAY!

THE 28TH ANNIVERSARY OF OKLAHOMA'S FABULOUS FLAMING LIPS, FLAMING LIPS, FLAMING LIPS!

shra

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 22, 2011, 09:28:30 PM »

YAY!!!!! I can't believe the Flaming Lips have been around longer than I've been alive, that's def an accomplishment. 8)

Purplebash

• View Profile
    • Not Enough Hype
« Reply #212 on: February 23, 2011, 04:33:24 PM »

That's pretty awesome, I had no clue! YAY!

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 02, 2011, 05:12:57 AM »

http://www.nme.com/news/the-flaming-lips/55871

Theatrical adaptation of Flaming Lips' 'Yoshimi…' LP 'in early production stages'
Wayne Coyne says show will be 'wonderful and poignant'
April 2, 2011 |

The Flaming Lips have confirmed a theatrical adaptation of their 2002 album 'Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots' is in the "early stages of production".

The band are working on the show with director Des McAnuff and told Billboard.com they expect to start workshopping the production soon.

Frontman Wayne Coyne explained that although the show will be based on the 'Yoshimi…' album, it will also feature songs from 1999's 'The Soft Bulletin' and 2006's 'At War With the Mystics' albums.

"It'll be a big chunk of Flaming Lips music, probably about 30 songs," he said.

"It's a big deal. It's hokey and wonderful and poignant and powerful. It's really become a perfect combination of my fantastical robot-world vision and [McAnuff's] little, internal, humanistic version of what that music is. I really believe it could work - and luckily I don't have to do much!" Coyne added.

The production will not be the band's first foray outside of music - Coyne wrote and directed 2008 science fiction film Christmas On Mars.

Meanwhile, the band have also announced plans for various bizarre new music releases this year, including USB drives buried inside life-size skills and a stomp box effects pedal which plays four tracks.

"Everybody's in the same quagmire now. How do you release music? What would be interesting?" Coyne said.

"I'd just like to release music all the time and just put it out in all kinds of weird formats and not just collect it until we're ready to put out [an album]."

The Flaming Lips are also due to play a number of UK dates this summer, including the Live From Jodrell Bank: Transmission_001 event and the Eden Sessions.

Abby Road

• shake it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 02, 2011, 10:48:40 AM »

^SWEET!  I remember hearing about that a while back, but then there was a dry spell of news about it.  Thanks for posting lolers!

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 02, 2011, 11:02:14 AM »

thank you for posting lala!!! :)
___

for my art project we had to make bells made out of clay. i modeled it after some of wayne's robot monster painting. not any certain one, just what i could remember in class, haha.
___

abbers the show is in less than 100 days!!! ;D
and i'm also seeing them in like forty-something days.

i miss the lips so much omg~

Abby Road

• shake it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 02, 2011, 11:15:10 AM »

abbers the show is in less than 100 days!!! ;D
and i'm also seeing them in like forty-something days.

No way!  That's basically tomorrow :)

puredaze

• Tend to the void, don't just fill it
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 01, 2011, 10:21:37 PM »

I NEED TO SEE THESE GUYS AGAIN.

My mind is blown at how amazing they are! And I only saw them for about 20 minutes!

"sunny's sunnies sonny son sun sunn l(o)l sing song. - Andrew VanWyngarden"

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 02, 2011, 08:24:00 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cJw2UtTE01Y" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cJw2UtTE01Y</a>

My video-
It was magical...I felt like I was inside a work of art!

puredaze

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 02, 2011, 08:30:53 PM »

I'm so glad you were able to capture all that! I couldn't focus too much on videotaping. I was too much in a trance with all the confetti falling from the sky and into my dress.

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 02, 2011, 09:21:44 PM »

ahh omg lala, i'm so glad you got that!
i seriously cannot express my love for this band
i hope i get to see them on the 15th, i miss them so much!

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 02, 2011, 09:30:47 PM »

I'm so glad you were able to capture all that! I couldn't focus too much on videotaping. I was too much in a trance with all the confetti falling from the sky and into my dress.

It's impossible to capture the magic on a Flip video, but it helps me remember  :D

Shi-now I know what you've being going on about  ;D

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 04, 2011, 04:26:49 PM »

It's impossible to capture the magic on a Flip video, but it helps me remember  :D

Shi-now I know what you've being going on about  ;D

haha! i'm glad you do ;D ahh, they are just so amazing.

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 09, 2011, 11:43:23 AM »

audrey palmer

• *get lucky riff*
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 09, 2011, 12:46:02 PM »

disco

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #225 on: May 09, 2011, 02:33:29 PM »

ahh, yess! i am so excited ;D

they are also currently working on a collab with lightning bolt. i think the song is called, "i want to get high but i don't want brain damage!" or something like that.

audrey palmer

• *get lucky riff*
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 09, 2011, 03:24:58 PM »

lol shianne, this guy at my school commented on the flaming lips video i posted saying 'i went on stage with them' and i'm thinking 'yeah shianne can probably top that by infinity'

disco

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 11, 2011, 07:07:39 PM »

lol shianne, this guy at my school commented on the flaming lips video i posted saying 'i went on stage with them' and i'm thinking 'yeah shianne can probably top that by infinity'

hahahah :D

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 16, 2011, 03:16:34 AM »

story time!

short version: i saw the lips, had vip passes, hung out with steven on the lips' tour bus, talked to wayne for a bit, saw kliph and derek for a second. the setlist was really good and the lips sang happy birthday to my mom.

long version:
a few days ago, we were told that we'd have vip passes for the richmond show. that show was today. we got to the venue about 20 minutes before the show started, the line wasn't very long. we got our comp tickets went inside. we saw our friend chris, the flaming lips' sound guy. he gave us our passes for after the show. instead of going up to the front, we decided to stay with him by the soundboard. (which i regret a bit, because for some of the show i couldn't see well until i moved back where the floor was a bit elevated so i could see over most people. but our spot was still really good. the venue was really small - only held 1500 people).

i went to go look at merch and i was wearing a stardeath and white dwarfs shirt, and their drummer was running the merch table, and at first i didn't look at him since i was looking at the shirts and he said "i like your shirt...i'm in that band." haha! i was like "thank you...OH WAIT I KNOW WHO YOU ARE HI MATT LOLOL" it was funny :D

then the ghost of a saber tooth tiger, sean lennon's band, went on. they were really really good! their set was pretty short though. the lips went on really shortly after. the setlist was pretty good - they played what is the light which is one of my favorite songs EVER. now, here's where it gets really cool.
steven dedicated pompeii am gotterdammerung to my mom's boyfriend. then, right after that song, steven and the entire band AND crowd sang happy birthday to my mom! (and a few other people, hahaha) it was so great. after a few more songs, the show was over, and we waited to go backstage. we were brought into this room at the top of the venue and wayne was in there signing stuff. not many people were in there, but it was a small room so it felt crowded. we heard that steven was downstairs, and he's the one that got us our passes, so we wanted to go say hi. we were brought down there and steven was signing stuff, so we threw extra balloons around with the crew, lolol.

then when steven was done, he gave us all hugs. he told me that he wanted to sing happy birthday to me as well since he knows that my birthday's on tuesday, but it was four people that they sang for, which was a lot haha. i didn't really mind since today isn't actually my birthday anyway. the fact that he was going to do it is good enough - it's the thought that counts!

then he invited us onto their tour bus!!! we sat there with him for a while and just ~hung out~ u kno. he's such an amazing person. i could talk to him forever. and he asked me questions and started conversation with me which i thought was really nice. he asked me how old i was turning (i told him and he said i see really cool shit for a 14 year old, lolol) and he asked what i've been listening to lately. i said the strokes and we talked about them for a minute or two. at one point, kliph walked in and i told him i liked his shirt haha (it was a deerhoof shirt) then he went to say hi to the fans (or as he said.."i need to go talk to these shit heads outside :D) after a bit more talking, he had to call his wife so we got off the bus. i got to say hello to derek (who is an official member of the flaming lips now, btw!) and he's really nice as well. steven gave me one last hug, wishing me a happy birthday, and we went back up to the top of the venue to finally talk to wayne. he didn't talk to him as long as we talked to steven, but we were still up there for quite a bit. then we all walked downstairs with wayne, talked to matt again for a quick second, and went outside in the front. we talked o wayne for just a minute longer, we all got hugs from him, and then we left. tonight was so incredible.

shit, that was really long. meh whatever.

gulsah

• View Profile
    • last.fm
« Reply #229 on: May 16, 2011, 11:01:58 AM »

awh that sounds absolutely amazing!!! I love reading your stories n__n
Always the best! For one, Flaming Lips shows look fun as hell anyway & just hearing some more to that is just even more exciting even for a reader!
&btw, I might not get online tomorrow... but, I have remembered! Happy Birthday!!  :D

still deciding if I should see them at Jones Beach. I suspect tickets are sold out and probably expensive from stubhub. A little angry and bitter because I hate sitting shows but I'm dying to see them & I love Yeasayer & like Weezer. Ugh.

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 16, 2011, 11:44:34 AM »

That's awesome Shi!  It sounds like your mom couldn't have had a better birthday  :)

puredaze

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 16, 2011, 12:27:59 PM »

Shianne that is absolutely amazing!!!!!!! I'm so happy and excited for you!

AerophaneSorceress

• View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #232 on: June 05, 2011, 08:47:47 PM »

I love them, they were amazing at Beale Street. I was front row and sober, and I seriously felt like I was on shrooms or acid. Between the background graphics, the bouncing balls and confetti, I felt like I was dying and going to heaven.
Oh, and there was that little moment when Andrew and Ben came onstage as The Lips covered Kids........   ::) :P :-*
~Hollie, H-Wood, Holliewood, HollieWould, HP, whatever's clever~

AerophaneSorceress

• View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #233 on: June 05, 2011, 08:48:25 PM »

Oh, and one other thing. Wayne Coyne's Twitter is hilarious!!!! What a crazy man. Love him.
~Hollie, H-Wood, Holliewood, HollieWould, HP, whatever's clever~

ZiggyStardust

• Mr. Children can see you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 05, 2011, 08:58:59 PM »

I used the song Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots for some project in religion class. I ended up getting a really good grade and when we presented them we got to play the song and my teacher got all excited because she said that she's never heard the Flaming Lips before.
There is a ring of lightening lost inside a mind I know,
And if it works it works if not you have to let it go,
I walked into your life reaching out for something real,
And now I spend my time unlocking your electric feel.

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 06, 2011, 02:36:05 PM »

haha yes, wayne is sooo funny on twitter :D

o0o0o ziggy -  that's awesome!

gulsah

• View Profile
    • last.fm
« Reply #236 on: June 07, 2011, 07:50:55 AM »

...I'm kind of mad at myself, now, for not getting tickets to see them at that large venue...... I mean... I've been dying to see them. I'm an idiot. haha
AHH well, I'll wait patiently for the next time & I wont be a douche  :P

random~:
Listening to Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots in the car is one of my new favorite things. HA

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 08, 2011, 09:02:28 PM »

aw well i'm sure they'll come back soon, they're always playing shows! :)

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 11, 2011, 09:19:08 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STVEN DROZD!!!

musical genius, one of the people that inspires me the most, and one of the coolest people i've ever met. ;D ;D

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 11, 2011, 12:09:46 PM »

I suspect that you're one of the coolest people he's ever met.  8)

larissa

• View Profile
« Reply #240 on: June 11, 2011, 01:34:31 PM »

Honestly, I haven't yet discovered their music fully, but I'm going to be seeing them at Osheaga at the end of July, and from what I've seen, they put on the most amazing shows, so I'm really really excited! Just wanted to share my joy. :)
Now the world can be an unfair place at times
But your lows will have their compliment of highs.

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 11, 2011, 03:44:27 PM »

Honestly, I haven't yet discovered their music fully, but I'm going to be seeing them at Osheaga at the end of July, and from what I've seen, they put on the most amazing shows, so I'm really really excited! Just wanted to share my joy. :)

It's a religious experience!

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 12, 2011, 04:46:55 PM »

I suspect that you're one of the coolest people he's ever met.  8)

asdfghjkl; awww :-* :-* ily

@larissa they have the best live show i've ever experienced - you will have the best time!

Hunter Clark

• gone with the wind fabulous.
    • View Profile
    • facebook page
« Reply #243 on: June 22, 2011, 01:13:33 AM »

Since seeing them at Beale, I've fallen in love. I'm excited to see them at Hopscotch and Moogfest this fall. ;D
6-18-10 8-14-10 10-29-10 11-4-10 4-29-11 7-13-13 11-27-13 6-17-14

puredaze

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 22, 2011, 09:55:19 AM »

Since seeing them at Beale, I've fallen in love. I'm excited to see them at Hopscotch and Moogfest this fall. ;D

They are the main reason why I want to go to Moogfest sooooooo bad this year! That lineup isn't bad at all.

Hunter Clark

• View Profile
    • facebook page
« Reply #245 on: June 22, 2011, 12:10:25 PM »

The Lips, Crystal Castles and M83 have me sold. I went last year and it's a lovely festival.... Ashville is beautiful too. You should go!

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 22, 2011, 06:09:16 PM »

their shows are life changing, bro! i'm glad that you really like them. :D

seeing them again in 15 days hollllaaaaaa ;D

puredaze

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 23, 2011, 08:57:51 AM »

The Lips, Crystal Castles and M83 have me sold. I went last year and it's a lovely festival.... Ashville is beautiful too. You should go!

I know! I really want to...I'll have to see if I can swing it, money wise. And I remember driving by Asheville to go to Raleigh- it was definitely a scenic drive!

Abby Road

• shake it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 23, 2011, 09:49:11 AM »

I had a dream last night that I was going to a play that Wayne was putting on.  Like 5 minutes before it started, I saw some chick running through the crowd and she stopped at me and said, "You!  You, come with me.  One of our people isn't here so you need to fill in for them.  Don't worry, you only have 2 lines which are 'help me' and 'hallelujah,'" and she wanted me to throw my arms up really big on that last one.  But when they gave me the script it was really fucking long.  I was panicking because I didn't want to let Wayne down :(

Hunter Clark

• View Profile
    • facebook page
« Reply #249 on: June 23, 2011, 10:26:31 AM »

Yeah, money sucks... Look at it the way I did, I've got to make it work one way or another, because this lineup is so fucking good. Haha.

Abby, lol, that's terrifying! I would have freaked and yelled and ran off. ;D

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 23, 2011, 12:25:02 PM »

haha, omg, abby :D

Abby Road

• shake it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 08, 2011, 09:56:13 PM »

Here are some videos from last night!  I've got pictures as well, but they're on facebook and I'm feeling particularly lazy :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QClt-Ce5mFk?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/QClt-Ce5mFk?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/feU23CDofbU?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/feU23CDofbU?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/q_xGk5yWwLE?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/q_xGk5yWwLE?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 08, 2011, 09:58:25 PM »

Here are some videos from last night!  I've got pictures as well, but they're on facebook and I'm feeling particularly lazy :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QClt-Ce5mFk?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/QClt-Ce5mFk?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/feU23CDofbU?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/feU23CDofbU?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/q_xGk5yWwLE?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/q_xGk5yWwLE?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

You're pics are great Abby!!!

Abby Road

• shake it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 08, 2011, 10:02:06 PM »

^Thanks gurl, I tried really hard  :P

kristeenuh

• HERP DERP
    • View Profile
    • Facebizzle
« Reply #254 on: July 08, 2011, 11:12:33 PM »

THOSE VIDEOS ARE BITCHIN'. Holy cow! I bet they were spectacular live!

puredaze

• View Profile
« Reply #255 on: July 09, 2011, 07:42:43 AM »

Nice videos!!!! they are incredible. The first video gave me chills!!

On a side note, I found the confetti that my dress/bra caught from Beale  :D I pinned it to my wall.

Abby Road

• shake it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 09, 2011, 09:59:43 AM »

Thanks guys  ;)

^AHAHAH!  I'm not surprised you found it there--it was all over the place!  So I take it they do still blow confetti at an outdoor venue?  I was actually wondering about that the past 2 days.  I'm glad you mentioned it!

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 09, 2011, 10:00:34 AM »

abby, those are awesome!

i guess it's story time.

abby and i saw the flaming lips and we got vip passes. we got to sit up in the vip seating area. after the show (which was amazing btw) we talked to the sound guy and he told us where to go. we sat for a minute and we were taken backstage (i managed to get one of the extra setlists) and then we were brought to where most of the band was hanging out. we talked to kliph for just a second. then we talked to steven for a little bit and i gave him a head massager lol. i got some really funny pics of all of it on fb :P
then we waited for a while so the dancers could get their pics with wayne. we got to talk to matt from stardeath for a little. and then we went down onto the stage. abby got her picture with wayne and then one of the crew members said that "we all had to leave because they wanted to do ecstasy" or something lolol. so0o0o then we all left.
it was awesome!!!!!!

larissa

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 01, 2011, 06:05:20 PM »

I saw them last night at Osheaga and it was FUCKING EPIC. It was the most magical experience ever. I definitely want to see them again. They played the soft bulletin. I had watched youtube videos before of their shows and knew it was going to be awesome but being there was SO much different. Plus we were like 5 rows from the front right in the middle, which was, I'd say, a perfect spot. And I got to touch Wayne's space bubble. :) And he looked so unbelievably happy when the crowd would cheer, or when he was just crawling around in his bubble. It just made me so happy. And he seems to make himself very involved in his shows, tweeting about them before and after, it just gets you that much more into it. Fuck Eminem, The Flaming Lips should have been the headliners. (Although I didn't see Eminem so I shouldn't really talk).

Abby Road

• shake it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 01, 2011, 06:29:01 PM »

Yaaaaaaaay!  I love the magic of the Flaming Lips.  So glad you had fun :)

puredaze

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 01, 2011, 06:40:51 PM »

Thanks guys  ;)

^AHAHAH!  I'm not surprised you found it there--it was all over the place!  So I take it they do still blow confetti at an outdoor venue?  I was actually wondering about that the past 2 days.  I'm glad you mentioned it!

I was actually wondering if they did it an indoor venues, too. I would imagine it would be harder to clean up indoors? but it's good to see that they still bring out the big guns no matter where they play!

We shoot confetti at you and you guys treat it like it's magic dust from a dragon's ass.

Wayne "bamf" Coyne.

Hunter Clark

• View Profile
    • facebook page
« Reply #261 on: August 01, 2011, 07:09:24 PM »

Eminem does put on a great show, surprisingly. But, the flaming lips is just, the best show ever.

larissa

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 01, 2011, 07:58:05 PM »

Eminem does put on a great show, surprisingly. But, the flaming lips is just, the best show ever.

I believe you on that one. But yeah, I honestly don't know what could beat The Flaming Lips' live show. It just makes you feel so happy. My boyfriend said today, 'our plance could've crashed and I would die in peace because I saw The Flaming Lips'. Hahaha. We felt like children, reaching up at the confetti going 'ahhhhhhhhhhh...'. And Wayne's laser hands were fuckin' sweet. :)

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 01, 2011, 08:04:25 PM »

glad you had a good time!! ;D being at their shows just feels so amazing, a video of it never captures it properly :P

larissa

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 01, 2011, 08:09:20 PM »

glad you had a good time!! ;D being at their shows just feels so amazing, a video of it never captures it properly :P

One of the best times of my life. Except my feet were sore. We stood for like 7 hours trying to get a good spot. And this is after two previous days of constant walking/standing. But you're right, the videos don't do it justice. ;D Definitely the best show in the festival. It was worth the 600 dollar plane tickets. Well, mostly. :P

gulsah

• View Profile
    • last.fm
« Reply #265 on: August 03, 2011, 10:02:36 AM »

awh you lucky ducky! I'm glad I missed their show with Weezer here... I would have been upset. I read a review that no one was excited for them or even singing :/
But, I heard they played WITH Weezer, too, which that would have been cool to have seen!

larissa

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 03, 2011, 05:55:36 PM »

awh you lucky ducky! I'm glad I missed their show with Weezer here... I would have been upset. I read a review that no one was excited for them or even singing :/
But, I heard they played WITH Weezer, too, which that would have been cool to have seen!

My boyfriend just told me about that today, and Yeasayer opened for them? Or at least at one of the shows. That sounds pretty sweet. Blows my mind that no one cared though...

gulsah

• View Profile
    • last.fm
« Reply #267 on: August 17, 2011, 04:23:45 PM »

OMGOSH! YES!!!! There's apparently a QuickSilver Surf comp. in New York & they are playing one of the days!!!
I think it's free? GAHHHHHHH!!!

-Rose-

• View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #268 on: August 17, 2011, 05:11:23 PM »

I got the tingles just watching your videos Abby. They're just amazing.  :o

I've been meaning to listen to more of there stuff but the only entire album I've heard is Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, and I have seen their film The Fearless Freaks which I just loved. Maybe now that I'm going to have a more steady income I can buy their albums  ;D

I have an underground magazine that has a fairly lengthy interview with FL, it is about five years old though. I don't know if any of you are interested but let me know if you want me to transcribe it since I don't have a scanner.  :)

puredaze

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 17, 2011, 09:45:30 PM »

OMGOSH! YES!!!! There's apparently a QuickSilver Surf comp. in New York & they are playing one of the days!!!
I think it's free? GAHHHHHHH!!!

Where in NY and when?!?!?

gulsah

• View Profile
    • last.fm
« Reply #270 on: August 18, 2011, 07:38:59 AM »

Long Beach on Long Island
:]

edit;

Friday, Sept. 9
1:15 pm – Hugo
2:15 pm  - Charlotte O'Connor
3:30 pm – Wavves
4:45 pm – Neon Indian
6:00 pm – The Flaming Lips

http://quiksilverpro.com/music/blog,94,music.en.html

AGM

• Sitting in the sunlight, all alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 18, 2011, 09:24:15 PM »

Thanks for all the videos!  They are amazing!!
Just stop analyzing everything, just listen to it or don't listen to it...

gulsah

• View Profile
    • last.fm
« Reply #272 on: August 30, 2011, 02:04:55 PM »

Irene is such a bitch :(
They're canceling all music, but, surfing is still going on.
:( UGH, I wanted to see them SO bad

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 30, 2011, 02:28:50 PM »

aw i'm so sorry :-\ that sucks!

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 06, 2011, 02:23:49 PM »

http://flaminglipssixhoursong.com/

you can your name put into the upcoming flaming lips song called "found a star on the ground" (that will be six hours long!!) if you donate $100 to the oklahoma humane society through that link. i did it :)

Hunter Clark

• View Profile
    • facebook page
« Reply #275 on: September 06, 2011, 02:26:31 PM »

That's so cool, and a great cause too. :)

Cool Kitten No. 2

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 10, 2011, 02:41:53 PM »

shianne do the flaming lips have that new years thing every year? and if so, about how much were tickets?
meow

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 10, 2011, 09:12:44 PM »

shianne do the flaming lips have that new years thing every year? and if so, about how much were tickets?

they've done it the past few years. they haven't announced this year yet but i'm sure they'll do something. ticket prices vary from 10-25 bucks. this past year they also had 200 dollar vip packs. it could be different this year, though.

Cool Kitten No. 2

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 12, 2011, 08:21:28 PM »

wow, do you know what difference vip tickets have to regular ones? lol from 10 to 200 dollars
meow

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 13, 2011, 08:38:44 PM »

wow, do you know what difference vip tickets have to regular ones? lol from 10 to 200 dollars

it includes a poster, meet and greet, and some other stuff. last year i got brought into the vip room because i was supposed to help put together packages and stuff, and i remember having to go back to get posters so that's what i remember being given to some people. i think there's other stuff included, though. :)
i don't know if they'll do vip again though.
__

500 lips fans donated $100 for the six hour song... they raised the oklahoma humane society $50,000!!!

Cool Kitten No. 2

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 13, 2011, 10:13:14 PM »

if you know anything about getting to help them set up or w/e this year, please let me know! from the pictures I've seen, it looks redic.
meow

gulsah

• View Profile
    • last.fm
« Reply #281 on: September 14, 2011, 11:49:22 AM »

I totally wanted to donate! But, as usual, I don't have the $$$ right now... which I'm also scared I won't have any when and if they do the New Years thing because I REALLY was planning on going to that this year! ...And plus, I'm sure they wouldn't know how the pronounce my name LOL
I'm excited to hear this 6 hour long song! &The fact that they raised $50,000 is absolutely awesome!!! Such a smart idea n_n

gulsah

• View Profile
    • last.fm
« Reply #282 on: September 16, 2011, 02:05:15 PM »

AWH! Wayne & the girls from Eisley!!!!! n__________n
from Eisley's facebook:
Back in our own state! Lubbock, TX tonight @ Jake's. Last night u guys might have seen the Lips last night at Launchpad. They heard we were playing, crashed our show and all band/crew crowded into our little BandWagon after. http://bit.ly/nzT8mp We hadn't hung out since 2003 Sasquach Fest (http://bit.ly/nxAtRh). Those guys are sweet... but crazy.

the pictures are these:

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 16, 2011, 08:21:00 PM »

^awesome!! :D

if you know anything about getting to help them set up or w/e this year, please let me know! from the pictures I've seen, it looks redic.

it is quite redic ;D i never know what happens with helping set up until the day i get there, so there's not much of a chance that i'll know ahead of time :-\

Cool Kitten No. 2

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 27, 2011, 09:18:53 PM »

^ ah, okay. so basically you just show up to the venue early, and see if you can help out?

KJJNDkwhdiouwodilft4t43414wlkfw

IF I WENT TO SEE PANDA BEAR TODAY I COULD HAVE MET WAYNE COYNE
meow

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #285 on: September 30, 2011, 08:39:47 PM »

^ ah, okay. so basically you just show up to the venue early, and see if you can help out?

well, not necessarily. it's works out differently each time tbh. but if i find anything out ahead of time, i will try to let you know! it just is different every year, ya know? :)

Cool Kitten No. 2

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 30, 2011, 09:15:13 PM »

ok thanks! (:
meow

gulsah

• View Profile
    • last.fm
« Reply #287 on: October 01, 2011, 08:41:57 AM »

I would also like to know how it works! n_n
I mean... I totally just gave up on saving my money, but, still hahah
I have some small hope still in me to go.

gulsah

• View Profile
    • last.fm
« Reply #288 on: October 01, 2011, 09:51:02 AM »

http://twitter.com/#!/stevendrozd/status/119407819450613760

Yes. Yes. & PLEASE Yes.

Hunter Clark

• View Profile
    • facebook page
« Reply #289 on: October 02, 2011, 12:20:57 AM »

That would be so cool. :o

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 02, 2011, 08:58:48 PM »

http://twitter.com/#!/stevendrozd/status/119407819450613760

Yes. Yes. & PLEASE Yes.

i saw that - i hope it happens! that would be sooo cool!

AGM

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 05, 2011, 12:54:56 PM »

http://www.rollingstone.com/videos/new-and-hot/the-flaming-lips-guided-tour-of-their-six-hour-song-20111005

It will be amazing ...and maybe insane!. I just love the idea and how Wayne explain it.

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 05, 2011, 02:29:21 PM »

i heard the six hour song.. it's so pretty. sean lennon is the one saying the names. he said my name :D

Cool Kitten No. 2

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 05, 2011, 05:44:54 PM »

^ did you ask them to say it or it's a coincidence? that's awesome! lol shianne you and your flaming lips connections
meow

larissa

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 05, 2011, 09:28:28 PM »

24-hour song in gummy skullz?

gulsah

• View Profile
    • last.fm
« Reply #295 on: October 06, 2011, 12:07:55 PM »

Oh my gosh! I'm just so excited for this! I feel like it's going to be so psychotic and beautiful! From what I hear it sounds so good! I wish I would have been able to donate :/
I love the UFO idea haha
I love the bit where he speaks about time and how it feels so normal at that point. What's funny is, the video is 23 minutes long and it felt like a 5 minute thing.
Is a release date out yet??

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 07, 2011, 02:22:01 PM »

^ did you ask them to say it or it's a coincidence? that's awesome! lol shianne you and your flaming lips connections

haha :D no, it wasn't a coincidence. if you donated to the oklahoma humane society through their website, you'd get your name put in the song, and i did :)

@larissa yes, i heard something about a 24 hour song... it'll probably be released in the skulls. BUT it might not be gummy skulls. i heard something like that but i'm not exactly sure.

@gulsah it was originally meant to just be released in gummy skulls if you went to a certain store in oregon on a certain day (it was annoying the way they organized it tbh), so there wasn't really a release date for people to buy online but someone got one and put the audio online. i think it's somewhere on an unofficial flaming lips forum but i don't know which one... they have it split into three two-hour pieces. if i find it i will post it :)

gulsah

• View Profile
    • last.fm
« Reply #297 on: October 07, 2011, 02:45:19 PM »

Oooh! Oh that's silly :(
Thank you so so much! It would be much appreciated n__n
I'll also try looking around so you don't have to ahaha

gulsah

• View Profile
    • last.fm
« Reply #298 on: October 09, 2011, 11:01:22 AM »

I found the download! :]
It looks SO weird on my itunes seeing 6:00:00 ahaha

AGM

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 09, 2011, 02:04:57 PM »

I found the download! :]
It looks SO weird on my itunes seeing 6:00:00 ahaha

THANKS!!!!!!!!!

I was looking for it to share it here too, but I didn't find it, so thank you very much!.

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #300 on: October 26, 2011, 04:52:01 PM »

you can listen to the 24 hour song, 7 skies h3, on halloween at midnight central time.

http://flaminglipstwentyfourhoursong.com/

AGM

• View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 31, 2011, 02:40:00 PM »

you can listen to the 24 hour song, 7 skies h3, on halloween at midnight central time.

http://flaminglipstwentyfourhoursong.com/

It is working great, I've listened the first hour and a half and now I've been listening for an hour and it really worth it. Any way and obviously there is not just one song or theme going on...
It is pretty insane I think...

Hunter Clark

• View Profile
    • facebook page
« Reply #302 on: November 01, 2011, 05:16:31 PM »

THEY WERE SO AWESOME AT MOOGFEST AMND I WAS FRONT ROW AND IT BLEW MY MIND AND AND. and, I keep seeing pics of me online. Cause the photographers would take pictures of the crowd when the balloons and confetti were everywhere and I was right there derping lolol. My cousin went with and she had never seen them before, you should have seen her face. ;D

gulsah

• View Profile
    • last.fm
« Reply #303 on: November 04, 2011, 10:03:45 AM »

^ That sounds AWESOME! Durping is always great. UGH I'm still dying to see them :(

I still haven't gotten a chance to even listen to the 6 hour song. GAH

Hunter Clark

• View Profile
    • facebook page
« Reply #304 on: November 04, 2011, 05:43:02 PM »

The good thing is they tour a lot. You'll have more chances! :)

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 06, 2011, 11:17:07 AM »

aw that's great hunty! :D i'm glad you had fun :**

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 28, 2011, 11:34:34 PM »

i'm leaving on friday for this weekend's freakout festivities ;D

Hunter Clark

• View Profile
    • facebook page
« Reply #307 on: December 29, 2011, 05:42:09 AM »

OMG HAVE FUN, and give us all the details okay. :D

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 29, 2011, 07:59:23 AM »

I can't wait to hear about it Shi!  You're stories get better and better  :D

Bubble

• Mrs. Harrison at your service
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 29, 2011, 08:42:59 AM »

have fun little sis!  ;D

team matt.

shianne

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 29, 2011, 10:43:31 AM »

thanks guys! i'm so excited ;D

this year is gonna be weird since it's a two night thing. it's the longest time i'm going to be in okc for the freakout, and i don't think i've ever done a two night deal with shows before. it's gonna be fun :D

mssaram