MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Get the album "MGMT" on iTunes, CD, or vinyl here. Album includes the "Optimizer" listening and viewing experience.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17  All

Author Topic: The Horrors  (Read 36632 times)

Hunter Clark

• gone with the wind fabulous.
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: The Horrors
« Reply #225 on: March 01, 2014, 09:06:36 PM »

I CANT WAIT TO SEE THEM AGAIN!
6-18-10 8-14-10 10-29-10 11-4-10 4-29-11 7-13-13 11-27-13 5-17-14

Marceline the Vampire Queen

• from moon to mystery...
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 02, 2014, 05:25:59 AM »

I haven't had the chance to see them yet, they always seem to play near me when I can't get, so fingers crossed for the next tour!

Leanne

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 20, 2014, 11:05:03 AM »

Love The Horrors, the new album has leaked but I haven't downloaded it yet.  I'm trying to hold out until it is released (watch me download it today...if I do, I will pre-order it!)  8)

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 22, 2014, 04:36:37 AM »

Love The Horrors, the new album has leaked but I haven't downloaded it yet.  I'm trying to hold out until it is released (watch me download it today...if I do, I will pre-order it!)  8)
I downloaded it, but have only teased myself with it by listening once(I was having a bad day and needed cheering up!)
If you pre order the album from The Horrors website, you get a signed copy, WOOHOO!

Leanne

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 23, 2014, 10:03:13 PM »

I downloaded it, but have only teased myself with it by listening once(I was having a bad day and needed cheering up!)
If you pre order the album from The Horrors website, you get a signed copy, WOOHOO!

I had a bad day on Tuesday! Blah....  I was going to download and then I saw this tweet from Tom and now I'm thinking 'Hmmmm'  :o

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 24, 2014, 03:12:58 AM »

I had a bad day on Tuesday! Blah....  I was going to download and then I saw this tweet from Tom and now I'm thinking 'Hmmmm'  :o
I know I saw that too...I do feel bad for downloading it, I know the bands view on it and agree with them. But I'd already preordered it, so I gave in, I'm weak I admit it! I have listened to it once and will not let myself listen again until i get my CD through. If I were you I'd wait for it actually come out its not far away now. I downloaded it about a month ago when the release seemed impossibly far away!

Leanne

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 24, 2014, 09:24:22 PM »

I know I saw that too...I do feel bad for downloading it, I know the bands view on it and agree with them. But I'd already preordered it, so I gave in, I'm weak I admit it! I have listened to it once and will not let myself listen again until i get my CD through. If I were you I'd wait for it actually come out its not far away now. I downloaded it about a month ago when the release seemed impossibly far away!

I wanted to download it when it leaked but I got busy and never did, however, since its going to be released in a couple weeks I might find a webpage that's streaming it and listen. (but a part of me wants to download it this weekend)
 :) 

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 27, 2014, 10:43:46 AM »

I wanted to download it when it leaked but I got busy and never did, however, since its going to be released in a couple weeks I might find a webpage that's streaming it and listen. (but a part of me wants to download it this weekend)
 :)
Did you end up having a listen of the album? Let me know what you think of it when you do. A week tomorrow until it comes out, Tom and Rhys have had pics on Instagram of them signing the preordered albums, wonder if one might be mine...

Leanne

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 30, 2014, 07:45:41 PM »

^^Yes I did download and listen and I love it. It sounds retro but kind of like a dark 80s retro if that makes any sense.  Some people that ordered the vinyl have already gotten theirs.

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 01, 2014, 05:24:54 AM »

I ordered the CD so feel pretty jealous that the records have been sent out already, I want mine to arrive! Ive given it a good few listens now and its really grown on me I really love it, I think its better than Skying although I don't know if its as good as Primary Colours. Really hoping to get to see them live this year, hoping that they'll play near me. They played in a small venue that I love which is close to where I live, in 2012, but I couldnt get tickets  :'(  Have you ever seen them live?

Hunter Clark

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #235 on: May 03, 2014, 10:58:01 PM »

I've seen them, and they are so fab. They sound better live tbh.

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 04, 2014, 04:43:37 AM »

I've seen them, and they are so fab. They sound better live tbh.
From the live things I've seen on youtube etc, I get what you're saying. I like the harder, rougher sound they have live, I do think they can over polish things their albums.

I got my signed CD yesterday, WOO HOO!!! Looking at Horrors blogs I've seen Faris seems to have done something different on every one he signed, I just got a 'F' ...I think he must have gotten bored by the time he got to mine!

Cool Kitten No. 2

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 09, 2014, 06:27:03 PM »

I can't wait to see them for the first time. Their new album consumes me.

"Mine and Yours" gives me Tame Impala vibes.
meow

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 22, 2014, 05:56:08 AM »

8 days until I finally get to see The Horrors play!!!  ;D

Hunter Clark

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #239 on: September 26, 2014, 08:27:39 AM »

Lucky!! I had plans to see them in Asheville but they cancelled half their US dates.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17  All