MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Get the album "MGMT" on iTunes, CD, or vinyl here. Album includes the "Optimizer" listening and viewing experience.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11  All

Author Topic: Arctic Monkeys  (Read 23949 times)

Sierratonin

• View Profile
    • Blog
Re: Arctic Monkeys(:
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2009, 07:53:00 PM »

Humbug isn't the best album, but it's not like it's shit you know.
I like Pretty Visitors 'cause the first time I heard it I was like "OHH!!! I remember them playing this at Øya!" Lol

Favourite Worst Nightmare is my favourite, I guess.
My favourite songs are I bet you look good on the dancefloor, Mardy Bum, Balaclava, Fluorescent Adolescent and.. BABY I'M YOURS :-* :P
I feel the same way. my favorite is favourite worst nightmare, but some tracks from whatever people say i am thats what im not are really good as well...perhaps vampires is a bit strong, view from the afternoon, you probably couldnt see for the lights.., and when the sun goes down (scummy) are interesting (: There sound has changed a lot though so I think some of their huge fans might have been disappointed.  I think the took a huge risk and they had some balls for doing it.
Heart is in the right place, brain is in the dirt

sade

• wait what?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2009, 12:21:19 PM »

Cecilie I'm so jealous of you, you've met EVERYBODY!!!

Anyhow, been a huge fan of arctic monkeys for years now, still haven't seen them live which sucks, and am not that excited about humbug yet...sadly :'(
But it has some great tunes to it, like cornerstone, pretty visitors and my propeller :)
Haha, and the video for cornerstone is so precious!!!

Sierratonin

• View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2009, 08:03:41 PM »

Cecilie I'm so jealous of you, you've met EVERYBODY!!!

Anyhow, been a huge fan of arctic monkeys for years now, still haven't seen them live which sucks, and am not that excited about humbug yet...sadly :'(
But it has some great tunes to it, like cornerstone, pretty visitors and my propeller :)
Haha, and the video for cornerstone is so precious!!!
I agree (: Ive never met anyone! cornerstone looks really funny!

Cecilie

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2009, 05:34:54 AM »

Hehe ;D

Yay! My dad bought the Apollo DVD! :-*
He's fat, he's a dork, and I'm awesome

Jteeman

• The red lights mean you're leaving
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2009, 04:31:18 PM »

The most overrated band of the decade. Essentially, George Formby with electric guitars. Hate.  >:(
20.5.08 - 29.6.08 - 23.8.08 - 9.11.08 - 10.11.08 -11.11.08 - 23.9.10 - 26.9.10 - 30.9.10 - 1.10.10 - 12.10.13 - 14.10.13

Stoppin and stayin, I would if I could

Mutare Vel Timere Sperno

Sierratonin

• View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2009, 06:04:50 AM »

The most overrated band of the decade. Essentially, George Formby with electric guitars. Hate.  >:(
How are they overrated? I think they are underrated and they dont get enough recognition for their unique sound.

ParachuteBinge

• I belong to the hurricane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2009, 07:27:48 AM »

Humbug isn't my favourite album of theirs but it is a grower, I think, and they have proved that they can evolve and have longevity. I really really like them, and I'm so gutted we couldn't get tickets  :'(

And Pretty Visitors is one of my favourited off Humbug, along with Cornerstone and Secret Door

Jteeman

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2009, 10:46:45 AM »

How are they overrated? I think they are underrated and they dont get enough recognition for their unique sound.

I don't think they are anything special, and they are constantly called the best band to come out of Britain in years by fans/press. To me, that makes them overrated.

They aren't a terrible band, I just don't think they are deserving of all the hype I see about them, personally.
20.5.08 - 29.6.08 - 23.8.08 - 9.11.08 - 10.11.08 -11.11.08 - 23.9.10 - 26.9.10 - 30.9.10 - 1.10.10 - 12.10.13 - 14.10.13

Mutare Vel Timere Sperno

ParachuteBinge

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2009, 02:03:44 PM »

^ Just out of curiosity Jteeman, who in your opinion is the best band to come out of Britain in years? :)

audrey palmer

• *get lucky riff*
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2009, 04:00:50 PM »

I don't think they are anything special, and they are constantly called the best band to come out of Britain in years by NMEfans/press. To me, that makes them overrated.

They aren't a terrible band, I just don't think they are deserving of all the hype I see about them, personally.

disco

Jteeman

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2009, 04:02:25 PM »

^ Just out of curiosity Jteeman, who in your opinion is the best band to come out of Britain in years? :)

Personally for me, in my lifetime, Radiohead, by a country mile.  Followed by The Smiths, Stone Roses, Blur, Elbow and Gomez.

Mutare Vel Timere Sperno

Sierratonin

• View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2009, 02:34:27 AM »

Humbug isn't my favourite album of theirs but it is a grower, I think, and they have proved that they can evolve and have longevity. I really really like them, and I'm so gutted we couldn't get tickets  :'(

And Pretty Visitors is one of my favourited off Humbug, along with Cornerstone and Secret Door
Pretty visitors FTW!

ParachuteBinge

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2009, 06:23:48 AM »

Personally for me, in my lifetime, Radiohead, by a country mile.  Followed by The Smiths, Stone Roses, Blur, Elbow and Gomez.

I would have to agree with Radiohead and Stone Roses, but I'd have to add Arctic Monkeys and Muse. Ahh, I'm proud to be British  :)

Sierratonin

• View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2009, 07:21:10 AM »

I would have to agree with Radiohead and Stone Roses, but I'd have to add Arctic Monkeys and Muse. Ahh, I'm proud to be British  :)
ahh muse is so innovative! matt bellamy can sing better than some girls!

ParachuteBinge

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2009, 10:20:06 AM »

^ Most girls!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11  All