MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Get the album "MGMT" on iTunes, CD, or vinyl here. Album includes the "Optimizer" listening and viewing experience.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11  All

Author Topic: Arctic Monkeys  (Read 25957 times)

Sierratonin

• View Profile
    • Blog
Arctic Monkeys
« on: October 17, 2009, 02:30:31 AM »

Arctic Monkeys - 'Cornerstone' (Official Video)

Arctic Monkeys - Pretty Visitors - Web Transmission
Heart is in the right place, brain is in the dirt

Sierratonin

• View Profile
    • Blog
Re: Arctic Monkeys(:
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 02:31:34 AM »

I think Pretty Visitors is my favourite off their new album...anyone else like Humbug?

Cecilie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 06:02:33 AM »

I think Pretty Visitors is my favorite off their new album...anyone else like Humbug?
Same! Love it.

I actually met Alex in Oslo a couple months ago :P
He's fat, he's a dork, and I'm awesome

Trace

• I wanna find a whistle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 06:07:07 AM »

I'm listening pretty carefully to their new album  ;D
Cecilie, who haven't you met?! :o

Cecilie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 06:38:18 AM »

Haha! It's because my friend and I were sat outside the hotel every morning cause it was fun... Hahaha :P Really stalkerish, but who cares! No one else did, so we had everyone like.. all to ourselves haha. I think the only bands we met which wasn't outside the hotel, were Hockey, White Lies (which we met in town! pretty cool) and the Wombats.. And Fleet Foxes, but I guess they don't count as we met them like a million times, both at the festival and outside the hotel :P

Anyways, about Alex. We met some girl at the festival (we were stood next to her during the show - front row at headliners huuuurts!!!)  which was like "AHHH my friend walked by the hotel yesterday (everyone walks by it when the festival's over, as the train station is right next to it) and randomly saw Band of Horses coming out of the hotel (blah blah blah) it'll probably seem a bit stalkerish, but who cares, it's ALEX TURNER!!!" haha. We just asked if we could come with, and we did :P
So yeah, we met Alex. Then the driver (!!! he was so nice haha, he was like "you only got a photo? no autograph? -blah blah- oh well, I don't even know who that was... Who is he?" haha etc) told us this other guy is picking up the rest of the band now, so if we wait a bit, we'll meet them haha. So we waited, but he picked up Lily Allen and James and Paul from Glasvegas.. Lily was a twat, totally ignored us, Paul was normal haha, sweet guy. James was pretty drunk and kissed us and everything hahaha
Oh well, here's the proof.. (My camera was set on film, so I got this first lol. looks better than the picture :P)
Meeting Alex Turner!

/sorry about the rant!! :P

Sierratonin

• View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 06:53:01 AM »

You are so lucky! Alex is gorgeous! Nick O'malley (bassist) is my personal favourite though!

Cecilie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 07:26:23 AM »

You are so lucky! Alex is gorgeous! Nick O'malley (bassist) is my personal favorite though!
I don't really know their names, haha.. I've always known Alex's :P
Found out the guitarist's Jamie or James or something? Then Nick when I read this magazine I bought.. Can't remember the last one though

I was pretty bummed when they didn't play Mardy Bum or Balaclava when they played here :(

Trace

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 07:35:45 AM »

Haha! It's because my friend and I were sat outside the hotel every morning cause it was fun... Hahaha :P Really stalkerish, but who cares! No one else did, so we had everyone like.. all to ourselves haha. I think the only bands we met which wasn't outside the hotel, were Hockey, White Lies (which we met in town! pretty cool) and the Wombats.. And Fleet Foxes, but I guess they don't count as we met them like a million times, both at the festival and outside the hotel :P
[..]
So yeah, we met Alex. Then the driver (!!! he was so nice haha, he was like "you only got a photo? no autograph? -blah blah- oh well, I don't even know who that was... Who is he?" haha etc) told us this other guy is picking up the rest of the band now, so if we wait a bit, we'll meet them haha. So we waited, but he picked up Lily Allen and James and Paul from Glasvegas.. Lily was a twat, totally ignored us, Paul was normal haha, sweet guy. James was pretty drunk and kissed us and everything hahaha
Oh well, here's the proof.. (My camera was set on film, so I got this first lol. looks better than the picture :P)
Meeting Alex Turner!

wow that's so cooooool girl! You really know how to get to meet them. I'm amazed  :o

Cecilie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 08:32:19 AM »

[..]
Meeting Alex Turner!

wow that's so cooooool girl! You really know how to get to meet them. I'm amazed  :o
I know! ;D
Haha.
Oh well, last year at Hove (after the festival obviously) I found out The Wombats were walking around at the festival, playing two acoustic sets before the proper one etc. I didn't see any of them or meet them.
So we decided to sit outside the hotel (my friend lives in Arendal, where the festival is, so she knows where they live as there are only two hotels there haha) this year, so we didn't miss out haha. :P We met bands like The Temper Trap and The Virgins - which I didn't really know back then (had never even heard about temper trap) - now I love them! So it's nice knowing that we've met them. :P
I wish we did the same last year though (I didn't even know Susanne (my friend) back then though haha) cause then I'd probably have met MGMT, The Wombats, The Kooks, Vampire Weekend (they played at the same festival as Arctic Monkeys but VW played the day before AM, which means we hadn't met that girl so we didn't know where they stayed >:( lol), The Pigeon Detectives etc etc etc. haha :D

Trace

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 08:43:59 AM »

oh god your concert stories are so exciting! the only artists I've met are Pereza (spanish band) and it was because my best friend got really drunk and I took her to the ambulance which was in the backstage. It wasn't a cool situation to meet them :/

Cecilie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 08:53:26 AM »

oh god your concert stories are so exciting! the only artists I've met are Pereza (spanish band) and it was because my best friend got really drunk and I took her to the ambulance which was in the backstage. It wasn't a cool situation to meet them :/
Aw really! that sucks! :(
Before this summer, everyone I'd ever met were random Norwegian people.. This's been such an amazing summer ;D ;D ;D
And we're doing it all over again next summer, it's so much fun!! :P

ElleVanDaat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 10:06:16 AM »

Amazing that you've met him!! On which festival was that?

Well anyway. I love the Arctic Monkeys. But don't like the new album. Favorite Worst Nightmare was much better i think. But i will got to their concert anyway when they come to Munich this winter.

Is Alex Turner really as small as he always seems?  ::)
Ich schreib eine Signatur auf Deutsch! Einfach aus dem Grund weil sie keiner lesen kann! =)

Cecilie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 10:58:00 AM »

He must be smaller than 180 cause he was smaller than my friend which is about 178 or so
I'm really small, so he looks pretty tall next to me :P
It was at Øya in Oslo, Norway!

Timmm

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2009, 03:40:22 PM »

Well anyway. I love the Arctic Monkeys. But don't like the new album. Favorite Worst Nightmare was much better i think.
agreed.

still an amazing band regardless

Cecilie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2009, 05:11:32 PM »

Humbug isn't the best album, but it's not like it's shit you know.
I like Pretty Visitors 'cause the first time I heard it I was like "OHH!!! I remember them playing this at Øya!" Lol

Favourite Worst Nightmare is my favourite, I guess.
My favourite songs are I bet you look good on the dancefloor, Mardy Bum, Balaclava, Fluorescent Adolescent and.. BABY I'M YOURS :-* :P
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11  All