MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Get the album "MGMT" on iTunes, CD, or vinyl here. Album includes the "Optimizer" listening and viewing experience.

Pages: 1 ... 591 592 [593] 594

Author Topic: Photos and Graphics  (Read 990105 times)

lala

• Would you feel better holding the stars up?
    • View Profile
Re: Photos and Graphics
« Reply #8880 on: November 05, 2014, 10:46:50 AM »

Band vocalist Andrew VanWyngarden and guitarist James Richardson, whom were in Peru’s capital city to perform Tuesday at Parque de la Exposición, spent a day with Sofia Mulanovich, famed Peruvian surfer and a world champion of the sport.

Me:  We drove six hours
Andrew VanWyngarden:  Drumstick Towers?  *giggles*

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #8881 on: November 05, 2014, 02:10:06 PM »

Okay, so here's a fun story.  Several days ago, Bubble posted in a thread that we have and asked, "Quick!!  My friend is trying to win a contest and she needs to know who MGMT were asked to collaborate with and didn't do it?!?!"  I said, "Jay Z."  So I had forgotten all about it and and then I ran across these pics (more in the Peru thread) and posted them. I don't think that I've ever actually posted fan pics before, but I just thought that these were so adorable.  Well, I'm sure you've guessed by now that Bubble's friend won the contest with that answer and this is her!  So how funny is it that I gave her the answer and then I was struck by her picture and posted my first fan photos?  It's a funny little mgmt world, isn't it?  Congratulations Lovely!  I hope that you had a wonderful experience  :-*

Bubble

• Mrs. Harrison at your service
    • View Profile
« Reply #8882 on: November 07, 2014, 01:30:46 PM »

Okay, so here's a fun story.  Several days ago, Bubble posted in a thread that we have and asked, "Quick!!  My friend is trying to win a contest and she needs to know who MGMT were asked to collaborate with and didn't do it?!?!"  I said, "Jay Z."  So I had forgotten all about it and and then I ran across these pics (more in the Peru thread) and posted them. I don't think that I've ever actually posted fan pics before, but I just thought that these were so adorable.  Well, I'm sure you've guessed by now that Bubble's friend won the contest with that answer and this is her!  So how funny is it that I gave her the answer and then I was struck by her picture and posted my first fan photos?  It's a funny little mgmt world, isn't it?  Congratulations Lovely!  I hope that you had a wonderful experience  :-*

"It's a funny little mgmt world, isn't it?" THIS!!!!!  :)

I helped her with a few other questions and it was fun!! Questions like "when Andrew was a kid, what did he want to be when he grew up? Or when did he start surfing? lol those were easy.

She had the time of her life. She also met Matt and Will. She realized Will is prettier than the rest of the boys. Duh. <3

team matt.

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #8883 on: November 07, 2014, 08:28:28 PM »

I helped her with a few other questions and it was fun!! Questions like "when Andrew was a kid, what did he want to be when he grew up? Or when did he start surfing? lol those were easy.

She had the time of her life. She also met Matt and Will. She realized Will is prettier than the rest of the boys. Duh. <3
Well she's just a doll!  I'm so happy that she had you to rely on and that she had such a great time.  :-*

Bubble

• View Profile
« Reply #8884 on: November 08, 2014, 11:49:03 AM »

Well she's just a doll!  I'm so happy that she had you to rely on and that she had such a great time.  :-*
Thank you bb!  :-*

team matt.

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #8885 on: November 08, 2014, 09:43:18 PM »

Chili

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #8886 on: November 10, 2014, 10:06:45 PM »

A mishmash of the past few nights.

Personal Fest, Argentina

Personal Fest, Argentina

Those are from  rollingstone.com.ar

I apologize for not quoting the source on a lot of these.  I pulled a lot of them off of the tumblr mgmt tag and many weren't quoted but mostly, honestly, I'm tired and don't feel great.  I fell a sleep a couple of times in the process of assembling the post.  Anyway, they are all clearly professional shooters as typically, this thread is. 

larissa

• View Profile
« Reply #8887 on: November 29, 2014, 05:32:43 PM »

Seeing these pics makes me want to cry about how much I've been deserting my MGMT love.  :'(

I also forgot about how GOOD dem veins are.
Now the world can be an unfair place at times
But your lows will have their compliment of highs.

itsblurking

• what you find shocking, they find amusing
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Party's music
« Reply #8888 on: November 30, 2014, 10:09:42 PM »

I feel like these guys never age.
...it's my opinion...but, to me, it does make sense. We live in 3d. We experience time. Other beliefs from religions to (i hate to use this term, but it covers a whole category and when I say it, you will know what I am in reference to) 'new age' agree that time is 3d, it is linear. Once you leave our atmosphere (physically), the laws of linear time are no longer 'laws' hence people not aging going into space.
    Anyhow, it is my thought that if you spend a decent amount of time with your vibrations elevated to the 4,5,6,...9th dimensions, you are not bound by time and it does not affect your body. If you are out of 3d, then you are not aging. When you are fully 3d and not meditating at all and just lost in the hustle and bustle of busy life (which is so easy to fall into) then you age due to stress.
    Just my thoughts to share. It could also be their fabulous DNA that has blessed them in many ways.
<3 Janny <3

woah, woAH, WOAH. this makes a little too much sense. this is amazing insight on your behalf.

Bubble

• View Profile
« Reply #8889 on: February 17, 2015, 08:34:44 PM »

(source: @whoisMGMT)

team matt.

Bubble

• View Profile
« Reply #8890 on: March 17, 2015, 10:19:32 PM »

(by Scott Wishart)

(by Danny Clinch)

team matt.

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #8891 on: March 18, 2015, 01:11:18 AM »

(by Scott Wishart)

(by Danny Clinch)

Thank you Bubbly. Do you know what these are all about?

Bubble

• View Profile
« Reply #8892 on: March 20, 2015, 12:25:05 PM »

You're welcome! No idea, i randomly found them on tumblr.

team matt.

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #8893 on: September 19, 2015, 08:55:30 AM »

Andrew VanWyngarden attends the "Drunk Stone Brilliant Dead" New York Premiere at Sunshine Landmark on September 17, 2015 in New York City.
(Sept. 16, 2015 - Source: Laura Cavanaugh/Getty Images North America)

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #8894 on: April 28, 2016, 07:08:55 AM »

Wow.  Since this thread began, this is the first time that someone posted in and got the 120 day warning.  So sad.  Well since there's nothing newsworthy going on right now, here's a pic of the peeps involved in Simon Doom's EP and you can read all about it in the music section!

Pages: 1 ... 591 592 [593] 594