MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Get the album "MGMT" on iTunes, CD, or vinyl here. Album includes the "Optimizer" listening and viewing experience.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 62

Author Topic: dreaming with MGMT  (Read 116282 times)

DefaultThis

• View Profile
Re: dreaming with MGMT
« Reply #420 on: September 20, 2010, 05:18:53 PM »

then the wind blew and all the buckets tipped endless amounts of this over the whole field and the crowd drowned.  :-\

yipes, that's horrible!
all my dreams are horrible. i recently dreamed my face got ripped off and that i got impregnated by the school nerd and had to give birth to a litter in pizza hut. i don't even like pizza hut.
''i currently run my own magazine now; it's all about my balls.''

Abby Road

• shake it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 20, 2010, 05:27:42 PM »

then the wind blew and all the buckets tipped endless amounts of this over the whole field and the crowd drowned.  :-\

yipes, that's horrible!
all my dreams are horrible. i recently dreamed my face got ripped off and that i got impregnated by the school nerd and had to give birth to a litter in pizza hut. i don't even like pizza hut.

i think pizza hut should have been the least of your worries ;)

nano

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 21, 2010, 03:22:52 AM »

Had a pretty bizzare dream a couple of nights ago. It was like an awful 60s horror movie, and the boys were this group of evil doctors and I was a journalist investigating some murders. At first I met with them for some coronary report, and I was spazzing because I was all "AHHH! These doctors look like MGMT!", but then I started getting suspicious, and there was a pretty complicated trail of clues which eventually led me to the scene of the crimes: a house in Malibu. I saw Andrew with a surgical mask on lifting a rusty scalpel and laughing evilly, whilst James was pinning this old man down on the table. I burst into the room to save the day, but Will tackled me and Ben and Andrew took of their surgical masks and had these really creepy smiles on their faces.

But I didn't wake up scared for some reason.
sig·na·ture (s g n -ch r). n. 1. One's name as written by oneself.

lala

• Would you feel better holding the stars up?
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 21, 2010, 04:35:22 AM »

Had a pretty bizzare dream a couple of nights ago. It was like an awful 60s horror movie, and the boys were this group of evil doctors and I was a journalist investigating some murders. At first I met with them for some coronary report, and I was spazzing because I was all "AHHH! These doctors look like MGMT!", but then I started getting suspicious, and there was a pretty complicated trail of clues which eventually led me to the scene of the crimes: a house in Malibu. I saw Andrew with a surgical mask on lifting a rusty scalpel and laughing evilly, whilst James was pinning this old man down on the table. I burst into the room to save the day, but Will tackled me and Ben and Andrew took of their surgical masks and had these really creepy smiles on their faces.

I suspect that the boys would be pleased with this dream

Me:  We drove six hours
Andrew VanWyngarden:  Drumstick Towers?  *giggles*

Abby Road

• shake it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 21, 2010, 09:54:40 AM »

I suspect that the boys would be pleased with this dream

music video for Dada's Nightmare?

Chumbum2.0

• how do i do "the thing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 21, 2010, 07:59:10 PM »

Today I had a dream...
I'm not quite sure where it started, but all I remember is I had the ability to go back in time and change things.
So I chose to go back and find Andrew and make sure he never heard Grizzly Bear. (?)
I found him on these snowy mountains, he was kinda snowboarding (but not really), some guy was there and he was throwing snowballs at my camera (I was filming the moment so I could show it to my brother).
Then I went up to Andrew, made him lean foward kinda, and I did this weird thing to his back. He fainted and didn't hear Grizzly Bear, as his friend was just about to play Reprise (I think).
Then I went foward in time with the evidence on camera. I was going to show my brother what I did, and when I mentioned MGMT he said "Who?" and I knew I screwed up.
So I went back in time again, only to find that Andrew wasn't there and neither was his friend, but my missing cat was there.
So I spent hours trying to get my cat (It was still really snowy and pitch black at night at this point), who was avoiding these holes forming in the ground.
I was trying to catch him and bring him home (He was a very sweet cat), but I eventually lost him because it got so dark.
Then I sat down on this porch, and I looked in the sky and saw a big white cloud in front of the full moon, and a little dark cloud in the middle of the white one. My little bro came up, and I said to him "I feel like the little cloud." And he said "What?" and I said "Nevermind, no time."
Boom, I woke up.

Then I had a dream that I was walking in the grass toward my little bro, my brother, and my mom, who were all on a quilt, chilling and picnicing.
I saw they were watching this temple, so I walked to it, climbed up it, and watched this strange chaos going on below.
I walked down toward the commotion, and there was a horse race going on. but one of the horses was a dolphin with legs graphed onto it so it could race with the horses.
The dolphin was scared, covered in dirt and was small (I think it was a baby)
Then the announcer gave the signal to start the race, all of the bigger horses started running, and the dolphin tried to, but it lost balance and started stumbling and being trampled by the horses.
Next thing I know, it's tumbling down the hill, and it ends up in a gross pool of water. The water was very brown and had garbage and tons of other gross things in it.
The little dolphin's legs came off and it was bleeding alot. It was so injured it couldn't even scream anymore, it was just wimpering.
So I ran over to the gate and I started panicing while everyone else was being entertained by it's pain (The event was being filmed and was going to be broadcast all over TV), the people even had carnival music blaring, so I was freaking out even more.
I kept trying to climb the gate to get to the dolphin, but I couldn't get over it.
Then I started curling up and crying, my mom comes over and she says "That sure sucks, I can't believe they would race a dolphin with horses. Huh".
And I couldn't help but give her the most "Oh my god, this is much worse than that" look.

I woke up and realised that my dream was basically a rip-off of the lyrics to Congratulations (Temple, out with a wimper, quilt, dead in the water, attending demonstrations, it's hardly a sink or swim, etc) and the actual video.

Now when I hear Congratulations I just think of baby dolphins. :/
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

kristeenuh

• HERP DERP
    • View Profile
    • Facebizzle
« Reply #426 on: September 21, 2010, 08:06:57 PM »

That's so sad :'( Poor dolphin/horse. I would have been crying. Hope you have happier dreams in the future, because those sound upsetting :-\
"Who the hell is Oscar Mayer and WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT TO BE HIS WIENER?!" - my friend Roshni

Chumbum2.0

• how do i do "the thing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 21, 2010, 08:14:29 PM »

My dreams are usually nightmares, but they are actually cute nightmares, like ones where I'm dying to save some kittens, I watch little girls die brutally, or I save a tiny baby...and I die.

I don't know who did this awhile back, but thanks whoever photoshopped that pic of James in a bunny suit. It looked almost just like my dream. xD
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Bleu

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 22, 2010, 01:32:34 AM »

If they can just come to Houston... -__-
“I tried marijuana once. I did not inhale.” - Bill Clinton

DefaultThis

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 23, 2010, 06:28:24 PM »

My dreams are usually nightmares, but they are actually cute nightmares, like ones where I'm dying to save some kittens, I watch little girls die brutally, or I save a tiny baby...and I die.

I don't know who did this awhile back, but thanks whoever photoshopped that pic of James in a bunny suit. It looked almost just like my dream. xD
You ever have a dream where all your doing is falling? That was a nightmare for me until i turned 7 haha. Always ended up falling next to a snow covered mountain and would wake up before i hit the ground.
almost everyone dreams of falling. freud said dreams are the resurfacing of the ''unconscious mind'' which is where our feelings which are emotionally threatening are repressed so we don't have to deal with them. dreams of falling means you feel as if you lack control or you're losing something.
i dreamed once that i was a nazi who was kidnapped and dropped off to a lemonade stand i made with my black friend when we were kids. i jumped off the cliff out of guilt of becoming so vile. it's weird because in most falling dreams people aren't willingly falling.

gulsah

• View Profile
    • last.fm
« Reply #430 on: September 23, 2010, 09:14:27 PM »

i had the typical one of falling off a building... but, right before i hit the floor in my dream, i woke up&found myself on the floor :|

anyway, i had this weird mgmt dream the other night
i really think this forum is getting to me or the band or... i dont know. hahaha
it's def not as crazy and great as some of the dreams here... i just thought it was weird.
Andrew & someone else was on a late night show, i was in the audience. they were dressed in meat packaging and they were holding a contest for whoever got Andrew's meat packaging number correct got to go to their show and win backstage passes or something???? and then there was another contest where you had to guess another number for something??? and you win the same thing???? so i was just thinking of being corny ( I SO WOULD NOT DO THIS IN REAL LIFE LOL ) by writing "I LOVE YOU" in number form like... "1 10v3 u" on my hand and showing it to him :s
LOL
idk, it was strange. im not even that lonely to do something like that hahahaha

DefaultThis

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 24, 2010, 11:22:59 AM »

You ever have a dream where all your doing is falling? That was a nightmare for me until i turned 7 haha. Always ended up falling next to a snow covered mountain and would wake up before i hit the ground.
almost everyone dreams of falling. freud said dreams are the resurfacing of the ''unconscious mind'' which is where our feelings which are emotionally threatening are repressed so we don't have to deal with them. dreams of falling means you feel as if you lack control or you're losing something.
i dreamed once that i was a nazi who was kidnapped and dropped off to a lemonade stand i made with my black friend when we were kids. i jumped off the cliff out of guilt of becoming so vile. it's weird because in most falling dreams people aren't willingly falling.
That would of made a lot of sense for me.
Willingly falling seems like maybe you have had to much of whatever is causing you to have that dream in the first place and may be a way for your subconscious mind to become stable again.. or something like that.
yeah it's this stuff i learned in psychology. i want to be a psychologist so i'm a complete nerd on this stuff.
i don't know what it means. it felt weird being a nazi because i'm jewish and i have holocaust survivors in my family. it might've been because i had just switched rom a jewish school to a catholic one, so it was like i was like i was losing some, er, jewishness?
idk. i'm not a psychologist just yet. :P

alethia

• I'm a walking disaster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 24, 2010, 07:50:48 PM »

una vez sone con MGMT, pero fue muy extrano.  tenia q ver con un marching band de suecos, un caranaval, y el robo.

:-\

jaja un carnaval ? suena logico... una ves soñe q los encontraba solo x casualidad y x alguna razon decidian venir a mi casa solo q andrew siempre me hablo poco en mis sueños  ;D asi q venian a mi ksa y me decian q hiban a dar un concierto en un antro , pro yo lloraba cmo lok 1ero xq ...cmo era posible q no me hibiera enterado antes!?? y 2ndo xq soi menor d edad y no puedo entrar al maldito antro ! jaja  :D

Geeenial! jajaja!

alethia

• I'm a walking disaster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 24, 2010, 08:06:32 PM »

I had like two dreams with them, one Andrew was in my house and I was flirting with him like craazy (of course ::)) and then he goes, and comes like a million times...but every time has different outfits, with was like a psychedelic fashion show... it was so awesome.
The other one, I was like in a festival, and I was like a bit alone, the stage was alone too...bored, and suddenly the came up, and I waas like WTF? and start screaming and jumping!...they played Brian Eno...everyone looked at me like "get yourself toghther giiirl" :)

:)

Abby Road

• shake it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 25, 2010, 02:55:42 PM »

^hah!  how strage!

i actually dont know if this had anything to do with MGMT.  i am sleep deprived and had major sleep paralysis during my siesta.  during one of them my mom "ran into my room" and said someone named andrew called, but i didnt care.  i was trying to move my leg/kick her so i could wake myself back up completely.  blegh  :-\

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 62