MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Get the album "MGMT" on iTunes, CD, or vinyl here. Album includes the "Optimizer" listening and viewing experience.

Author Topic: Rsd 2015  (Read 2355 times)

Psychedelic Owl

• View Profile
Rsd 2015
« on: March 04, 2015, 11:07:48 AM »

Any predictions for mgmts record store day?

The list should be out within the next week or so
1.2.free.4.

itsblurking

• what you find shocking, they find amusing
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Party's music
Re: Rsd 2015
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 11:08:17 PM »

Any predictions for mgmts record store day?

The list should be out within the next week or so

oh, thank goodness we get to hear from them again soon.

1. I'm praying that they release some of their improvised jams from their time recording the self-titled album on vinyl,
kind of like what Tame Impala did with 'Live Versions' but with outtakes of the recording.
Maybe we'll get to hear "Cool Song No. 1" and "Cool Song No. 3" that Ben mentions in that one interview or
part of the jam session that yielded "A Good Sadness" which Andrew described as coming from "...a rather menacing jam"
I do realize their jams stretched on for hours and that wouldn't fit on one album so maybe they could go for snippets from certain jams or a chunk of one jam.

2. Their Guggenheim performance of vinyl. I ended up missing out on this because the tickets sold out by the time I found out about it and I know I'm not the only fan dieing to hear the full show (those youtube vids can only do so much).

3. I would actually really like a proper release. of their Joshua Light Show performance. I attended their first performance for that night and got to speak to Andrew afterwards (hence my avatar pic) and I have most of the performance recorded on my phone but a nice album to carry around would be sweet

4. NOW WE'RE REALLY DREAMING BIG HERE but a "live album" version of the self-titled performed in it's entirety at Tarbox Studios with the rest of the band and as many backing tracks and synthesizers as possible. This would actually allow for songs off Side B ("A Good Sadness", "Astromancy", etc) to be done "live" since they never performed them on tour due most likely to the complexities of these tracks, even though  Hank had claimed they were working on bringing "I Love You Too, Death" to the live show near the end of this past tour

5. That "super electronic" EP that Andrew and Ben wanted to make.

this is all for now. The most likely on on this list is probably #5 or #2, but that's a big stretch.

Fingers crossed though :P

Psychedelic Owl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 12:52:04 PM »

I would love to hear the outtakes of congrats, and would die to hear guggenheim... But i doubt it was recorded other than the crap recordings. I would also love to see their first ep on vinyl. Oh and maybe the 7" with spacemen 3 might come out that would suck considering i paid like 60 bucks for it lol
1.2.free.4.

lala

• Would you feel better holding the stars up?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 06:12:25 AM »

There is an HQ recording of Guggenheim but I don't think that it will be released because the deal was that it was a one time only (well two times) that were unique to the installation. I know that there are conflicting feels about that though. I'm not sure if both nights were recorded or not. I was there both nights and there was exquisite improvisation.

Me:  We drove six hours
Andrew VanWyngarden:  Drumstick Towers?  *giggles*

TristanTristan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 07:03:00 AM »

HQ recording as in an official AUD/SBD recording?

Psychedelic Owl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 06:21:19 PM »

The list is released tomorrow so lets all pray they will do something!
1.2.free.4.

itsblurking

• View Profile
    • Imperial Party's music
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 09:14:51 PM »

what time tomorrow?

Psychedelic Owl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 09:47:59 AM »

what time tomorrow?
not sure
1.2.free.4.

Psychedelic Owl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 02:57:45 PM »

What a crap list... Literly the only thing i want to hear is rocky horrow and the pizza underground
1.2.free.4.

itsblurking

• View Profile
    • Imperial Party's music
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2015, 02:43:48 PM »

What a crap list... Literly the only thing i want to hear is rocky horrow and the pizza underground

it was a shite list but I'm pretty hyped for 'Get Behind Me, Satan' on vinyl and the Syd Barrett/REM single

Psychedelic Owl

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2015, 03:17:34 PM »

it was a shite list but I'm pretty hyped for 'Get Behind Me, Satan' on vinyl and the Syd Barrett/REM single
yeah the syd barrett one seems good too
1.2.free.4.