MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Get the album "MGMT" on iTunes, CD, or vinyl here. Album includes the "Optimizer" listening and viewing experience.

Author Topic: Le Rock Dans Tout Ses Etats, Evreux, France June 27-28  (Read 1462 times)

lala

• Would you feel better holding the stars up?
    • View Profile

Me:  We drove six hours
Andrew VanWyngarden:  Drumstick Towers?  *giggles*

Staralfur

• View Profile
Re: Le Rock Dans Tout Ses Etats, Evreux, France June 27-28
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 02:29:13 PM »

I was also there, for the first and probably the last time at the rail (and at a festival for them). So crushed at the barrier and annoyed by drunk pushing/screaming/jumping people that I am enable to tell you how was the concert...  :P

Look at the faces first row during the concert:

I saw girls evacuated in tears and later in the show some people being ejected by security.  ::)

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 08:53:56 PM »

I'm so sorry that you've had bad experiences.  We've had the same problems here at festivals.  Such a shame that idiots have to spoil it for the rest of us. 

Staralfur

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 06:34:29 AM »

Thanks Lala. I was precisely wondering if it happens also in the US.
The sad thing is that this picture has been posted on the FB of the event amongst a lot of others in the sense "look at the good atmosphere in our festival"...  ::)

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 08:47:38 AM »

The sad thing is that this picture has been posted on the FB of the event amongst a lot of others in the sense "look at the good atmosphere in our festival"...  ::)

In both the US and Canada it's been bad.  My experience is that the lower the ticket price is, the worse the crowd is.  True fans will pay $$$ and are there for every song.  If it's a budget priced festival or show, you get casual fans who are only there for three songs.  It was really bad last summer when they weren't performing Kids.  A lot of angry teens. 

Again, I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but it's always nice to hear from you ;)

Staralfur

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 02:21:24 PM »

In both the US and Canada it's been bad.  My experience is that the lower the ticket price is, the worse the crowd is.  True fans will pay $$$ and are there for every song.  If it's a budget priced festival or show, you get casual fans who are only there for three songs.  It was really bad last summer when they weren't performing Kids.  A lot of angry teens. 

Again, I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but it's always nice to hear from you ;)

You are right, so it's the same here. This festival was a little one, not very expensive.
For the rest, it agrees with some things I wanted to explain in the thread of the other festival, the Main Square in Arras. I'll try to write later tonight.  ;)

Sizzle

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 05:37:03 PM »

I recognize two faces on the barrier  ;D