MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Get the album "MGMT" on iTunes, CD, or vinyl here. Album includes the "Optimizer" listening and viewing experience.

Author Topic: Devil's Harvest  (Read 2148 times)

gazellejetpack

• at least cynical
    • View Profile

elizabeth

• View Profile
Re: Devil's Harvest
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 03:16:10 PM »

http://binaryforest.bandcamp.com/track/devils-harvest

this is cool.. what is the intro from?  is it a drum machine or real drums, just out of curiositttttyyyyyyyyy
what kinda pedals, it sounds coo. (if u are at liberty to share)
station to station

gazellejetpack

• at least cynical
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 08:17:28 PM »

http://binaryforest.bandcamp.com/track/devils-harvest

this is cool.. what is the intro from?  is it a drum machine or real drums, just out of curiositttttyyyyyyyyy
what kinda pedals, it sounds coo. (if u are at liberty to share)

Thanks! :)

The intro is from this old science video where they talk about keeping a severed dog's head alive. It's kinda creepy, they're like zombie dogs. The drums are done via drum machine, and as for pedals I'm not sure because I'm not the one playing guitar. I think it's a distortion pedal, and then one of those all in one pedals for the other crazy sounds, plus a loop pedal but that's just for doing the song live

elizabeth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 07:46:02 AM »

The intro is from this old science video where they talk about keeping a severed dog's head alive. It's kinda creepy, they're like zombie dogs. The drums are done via drum machine, and as for pedals I'm not sure because I'm not the one playing guitar. I think it's a distortion pedal, and then one of those all in one pedals for the other crazy sounds, plus a loop pedal but that's just for doing the song live
oh zombie dogs cool
those all in one pedals can be pretty cool! One of the guitarists who plays wit me went in on this vocal pedal that we were using for vocals but then we tried with guitar and it is pretty cool so now we have two, the sounds would prob be cleaner and better with a mix of pedals and all but it's kind of cool what it sounds like when she plays with this. -Severed heads
station to station

gazellejetpack

• at least cynical
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 12:33:28 PM »

oh zombie dogs cool
those all in one pedals can be pretty cool! One of the guitarists who plays wit me went in on this vocal pedal that we were using for vocals but then we tried with guitar and it is pretty cool so now we have two, the sounds would prob be cleaner and better with a mix of pedals and all but it's kind of cool what it sounds like when she plays with this. -Severed heads

that sounds neat, could you send me a link to some of your stuff?