MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Win a chance to play the cowbell in the UK!!! Dates Added!  (Read 1570 times)

lala

• Would you feel better holding the stars up?
    • View Profile
Win a chance to play the cowbell in the UK!!! Dates Added!
« on: October 10, 2013, 11:26:25 AM »

OCTOBER
12 Glasgow, Barrowlands
13 Wolverhampton, Civic Hall

http://www.thisisfakediy.co.uk/articles/features/competition-win-a-chance-to-play-cowbell-on-stage-with-mgmt/

Here's the deal - open your eyes. MGMT's 'Your Life Is A Lie' is a clever track. Two chords, colliding for two solid minutes, backed by a trusty cowbell.

Cowbell. That's the crux of it. MGMT's 'Your Life Is A Lie' would be nothing without the cowbell. Benjamin Goldwasser and Andrew VanWyngarden are treating the role with the utmost respect, by offering fans the chance to appear on stage and play a highlight from their self-titled LP.

DIY's running a competition where one lucky winner will stand on stage during 'Your Life Is A Lie', cowbell in hand, world at their feet.

One winner will be selected for each of the following dates:

OCTOBER
12 Glasgow, Barrowlands
13 Wolverhampton, Civic Hall

Answer the following MGMT-tastic question for a chance to win (entry form below):

Who produced MGMT's third, self-titled album?

a) Dave Fridmann
b) Dave Sitek
c) Dave Ginola

Entry for the 12th and 13th closes tomorrow (11th October). Winners gain entry to the gig, plus access for 1 friend, and will be notified by email - band hospitality will ensure entry to the show and stage-time.

London and Manchester!
http://www.undertheradarmag.com/news/mgmt_want_you_to_play_the_cowbell_in_england/

Me:  We drove six hours
Andrew VanWyngarden:  Drumstick Towers?  *giggles*

Jteeman

• The red lights mean you're leaving
    • View Profile
Re: Win a chance to play the cowbell in the UK!!! Dates Added!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 01:04:37 PM »

Well, that's one song we'll be hearing then... :D
20.5.08 - 29.6.08 - 23.8.08 - 9.11.08 - 10.11.08 -11.11.08 - 23.9.10 - 26.9.10 - 30.9.10 - 1.10.10 - 12.10.13 - 14.10.13

Stoppin and stayin, I would if I could

Mutare Vel Timere Sperno