MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Get the album "MGMT" on iTunes, CD, or vinyl here. Album includes the "Optimizer" listening and viewing experience.

Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: St. Louis November 12  (Read 4122 times)

lala

• Would you feel better holding the stars up?
    • View Profile
St. Louis November 12
« on: September 17, 2013, 02:16:53 PM »

PEABODY OPERA HOUSE

Me:  We drove six hours
Andrew VanWyngarden:  Drumstick Towers?  *giggles*

shra

• View Profile
Re: St. Louis November 12
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 06:35:01 AM »

I'm definitely going to try to go to this, I was hoping so much that they would come to STL since I usually have to drive 4-7 hours just to see them. Tuesday is the worst day for me though so I'm praying that my coworker will swap me days off that week. Who else is going to this?

epic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 10:09:00 AM »

I'm going for sure! Hopefully tickets aren't too much. 
"Frailagility of fame and the sensitivity of frail egos"

shra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 07:46:39 AM »

My sister bailed on me so now I don't know if I want to go by myself or not. I've gone to shows alone before(actually going to one in another city in a few weeks) but downtown STL by myself at night....I don't know about that. I went to a show at Pop's in Sauget by myself a few months ago and it was sketchy as hell. I don't know what to do! :'(

STL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 11:52:11 PM »

My sister bailed on me so now I don't know if I want to go by myself or not. I've gone to shows alone before(actually going to one in another city in a few weeks) but downtown STL by myself at night....I don't know about that. I went to a show at Pop's in Sauget by myself a few months ago and it was sketchy as hell. I don't know what to do! :'(

You should be fine. The area around Peabody is about the safest you'll get in downtown STL. Pop's is in a sketchier area.

I'm really, really trying my best to get a ticket for this show, but since I'm in Columbia for school and I have a class at 9 AM the next morning, it's gonna be hard to find a ride back. I could take a bus the day of and have my mom drive me back, but I'd feel bad making her do that. Then there's the fact that I'm a broke college student. I'm already missing Vampire Weekend, Tame Impala, and Animal Collective, though, so I really don't want to miss this.

shra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 07:23:02 AM »

You should be fine. The area around Peabody is about the safest you'll get in downtown STL. Pop's is in a sketchier area.

I'm really, really trying my best to get a ticket for this show, but since I'm in Columbia for school and I have a class at 9 AM the next morning, it's gonna be hard to find a ride back. I could take a bus the day of and have my mom drive me back, but I'd feel bad making her do that. Then there's the fact that I'm a broke college student. I'm already missing Vampire Weekend, Tame Impala, and Animal Collective, though, so I really don't want to miss this.

I wish Columbia was more north of STL then I could give you a ride, I live in Quincy, IL. I'm missing all of those shows also, VW is sold out, TI and AC are on nights that are difficult for me to get off of work. HANSON will be there on a Thursday which is my normal day off so I'm soooooo tempted to go, also tempted to go to City & Colour since it's on a Sunday which is my other normal day off. The only thing that sucks is the 2 1/2 hour drive back to Quincy and I have night blindness so it's the worst drive ever! I just need to move to STL already!

STL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 08:43:49 PM »

I wish Columbia was more north of STL then I could give you a ride, I live in Quincy, IL. I'm missing all of those shows also, VW is sold out, TI and AC are on nights that are difficult for me to get off of work. HANSON will be there on a Thursday which is my normal day off so I'm soooooo tempted to go, also tempted to go to City & Colour since it's on a Sunday which is my other normal day off. The only thing that sucks is the 2 1/2 hour drive back to Quincy and I have night blindness so it's the worst drive ever! I just need to move to STL already!

It really sucks that all the good shows are on weeknights here. Luckily there are a few good bands/artists coming to Columbia like Youth Lagoon, Gary Clark Jr, etc. but still, I wanted to see MGMT so bad! Oh well.

shra

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 09:23:44 PM »

I found someone to go with me! Purchasing tickets tomorrow! ;D

shra

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 06:38:40 AM »

Has anyone else gotten tickets for this yet? There are still quite a bit left but all of the "good spots" are taken, I ended up getting front row balcony because I figured it would be a better view since my friend and I are both pretty short. I had second row seats but someone stole them from me!

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 08:35:22 PM »

So excited for my Lovelies who are there now!!!

shra

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2013, 08:53:52 AM »

I went to this show last night and it was beyond amazing, they've really made their show so special, they put so much into it and it shows. They all seemed so happy and the sound was fantastic. My friend who went with me had only heard a few of the "hits", he's now a fan, he loved it and wants to check out the new album, he was even inspired to do a painting. I hope the rest of the US leg of this tour is like this show was, words can't even describe how it made me feel, I really hope they know how special and inspiring they are. :)

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2013, 09:08:45 AM »

olympian 13601

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2013, 05:47:56 PM »

One more track than the 16 which we got every night in Europe. Four tracks from MGMT, no additional tracks since Europe. Discuss!
if you're conscious you must be depressed...
or at least cynical

Bubble

• Mrs. Harrison at your service
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2013, 12:42:26 PM »

yay sarah! i'm glad you had fun. Weekend Wars -> I Found A Whistle -> Siberian Breaks *OMGGGGeorge*

Perfection.

team matt.

shra

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2013, 02:36:17 PM »

yay sarah! i'm glad you had fun. Weekend Wars -> I Found A Whistle -> Siberian Breaks *OMGGGGeorge*

Perfection.

It literally was perfection, I loved the set! :)
Pages: [1] 2  All