MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Get the album "MGMT" on iTunes, CD, or vinyl here. Album includes the "Optimizer" listening and viewing experience.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Funzone 2.0 MGMT Fanclub  (Read 15651 times)

lala

• Would you feel better holding the stars up?
    • View Profile
Funzone 2.0 MGMT Fanclub
« on: September 05, 2013, 04:18:38 PM »

Funzone preorder Info

Whether you are are a current Funzone Member or have been waiting for your chance to join, here's the preorder info.  It is slated to ship around Oct. 30 and this year you get an exclusive Tshirt.  If you haven't ordered the third album yet, you can bundle, and current funzone members can enjoy a bundle featuring a physical album, an immediate YLIAL download and an album download on September 17.  The discount code is in your email inbox.

Note:  This is the same whether you are renewing or you are a first time Funzone member.  The only difference is that current members receive a discount.

The purchase of the Funzone 2.0 Package gives you a subscription to MGMT’s fan club, The Funzone. Your membership will begin at the time your order is placed and will be valid for 1 year.

Fan club members will be treated to special privileges, like exclusive access to tour pre-sales internationally and other benefits at select shows. Perks will vary depending on the show and venue, but could include early entry to the concert, access to tickets that open up close to the day of show, and other similar advantages. Members will also be included in exclusive contests/giveaways. The Funzone 2.0 Package contains a membership card with your join date on it as well as exclusive merch items - a fanzine, vinyl die-cut Funzone Logo sticker, Funzone Logo t-shirt printed on American Apparel

Me:  We drove six hours
Andrew VanWyngarden:  Drumstick Towers?  *giggles*

tdawgsmitty

• View Profile
Re: Funzone 2.0 MGMT Fanclub
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 04:25:19 PM »

i clicked the link, but it does not seem to be working

tdawgsmitty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 04:27:59 PM »

Fairytale of Hurt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 04:38:13 PM »

Here's the dilemma of having to choose which option you want with the discount code and getting the new funzone...

1) Order the funzone and vinyl together to get a bundle discount and funzone discount but get the vinyl at the end of October
2) Order the funzone and vinyl separately but then lose out on the bundle discount
3) Order just the funzone and get the vinyl on amazon but then don't get to use either discount

Why oh why is ordering from Amazon way cheaper than using the discount code?  I'm talking $10 cheaper.  Basically the discount code didn't save you anything.  Kind of disappointing but I'm moving on.   I think I will just get the vinyl at a local record store.   
Lay by me and we'll erode as gently as we can into twilight

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 04:47:41 PM »

Here's the dilemma of having to choose which option you want with the discount code and getting the new funzone...

1) Order the funzone and vinyl together to get a bundle discount and funzone discount but get the vinyl at the end of October
2) Order the funzone and vinyl separately but then lose out on the bundle discount
3) Order just the funzone and get the vinyl on amazon but then don't get to use either discount

Why oh why is ordering from Amazon way cheaper than using the discount code?  I'm talking $10 cheaper.  Basically the discount code didn't save you anything.  Kind of disappointing but I'm moving on.   I think I will just get the vinyl at a local record store.

We're actually waiting to get a call back from merchandising to get clarification of ship date on the album.

Fairytale of Hurt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 04:49:00 PM »

We're actually waiting to get a call back from merchandising to get clarification of ship date on the album.

Lovely.  I'm just sitting here with like 8 tabs open trying to decide what to do and wondering who would want to wait until October 30th for the vinyl.

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 04:53:11 PM »

Lovely.  I'm just sitting here with like 8 tabs open trying to decide what to do and wondering who would want to wait until October 30th for the vinyl.

lol, same!

Hunter Clark

• gone with the wind fabulous.
    • View Profile
    • facebook page
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 04:56:08 PM »

I'm waiting to buy both from my local record store, going to make a day of it. Can't wait to get my hand on the fun zone shirt tho. :D
6-18-10 8-14-10 10-29-10 11-4-10 4-29-11 7-13-13 11-27-13 6-17-14

Fairytale of Hurt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 05:00:19 PM »

lol, same!

I think I decided to just order the funzone since the discount works for that anyway and just get the vinyl at a record store.

I'm waiting to buy both from my local record store, going to make a day of it. Can't wait to get my hand on the fun zone shirt tho. :D

Yes, this shirt is much better than the previous one they gave out at shows.

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 05:05:06 PM »

lol, same!

I think I decided to just order the funzone since the discount works for that anyway and just get the vinyl at a record store.

So I'm showing that Funzone is $24.99 BEFORE discount and Amazon is $25.36 for the vinyl??

Fairytale of Hurt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 05:08:37 PM »

lol, same!

So I'm showing that Funzone is $24.99 BEFORE discount and Amazon is $25.36 for the vinyl??

Yeah, the vinyl through kungfu even with the discount is $32.34 with shipping and through Amazon it's $34.34 if you had it arrive on the day it was released.  I'm either getting it at a record store for way cheaper or using my friends Amazon Prime for free 2 day shipping which would have it at my house on release day for $25.  Kind of a no brainer.

The only way the funzone discount would benefit anyone is if they shipped out the vinyl to arrive on release day and then shipped the funzone package later. 

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 05:16:00 PM »

lol, same!

Yeah, the vinyl through kungfu even with the discount is $32.34 with shipping and through Amazon it's $34.34 if you had it arrive on the day it was released.  I'm either getting it at a record store for way cheaper or using my friends Amazon Prime for free 2 day shipping which would have it at my house on release day for $25.  Kind of a no brainer.

The only way the funzone discount would benefit anyone is if they shipped out the vinyl to arrive on release day and then shipped the funzone package later.

I should know the answer to that soon.  I received Congratulations 5 days prior to the release date by ordering through the band's merch site.  That's worth a few bucks for me.

mssaram

• View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 05:25:34 PM »

Im totes getting the vinyl Funzone package. In my opinion, it was well worth it last time with all the free merch and my pre-sale code got me front row tickets...The website does say everything will be shipped later, but you'll still get a download of the album the day of the release. Well worth it in my opinion. Plus, it's the band's merch site! Win/win! :)

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2013, 05:30:42 PM »

Im totes getting the vinyl Funzone package. In my opinion, it was well worth it last time with all the free merch and my pre-sale code got me front row tickets...The website does say everything will be shipped later, but you'll still get a download of the album the day of the release. Well worth it in my opinion. Plus, it's the band's merch site! Win/win! :)

Yes, I agree!  As long as I have the download on the 17th, I have no problem waiting for the physical copy.  I'd almost consider doing the funzone and the album separately if it's not going to ship on the 12th just because I'd have it in my grubby paws before the 17th potentially  ;D

As always, I'm all about supporting MGMT as a business in any and every way possible.  I'm not going to fret over a dollar or two.

Jteeman

• The red lights mean you're leaving
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2013, 06:55:59 PM »

I'm tempted but the costs for postage are almost as much as the package itself and I'm not sure I can justify that.  :-\
20.5.08 - 29.6.08 - 23.8.08 - 9.11.08 - 10.11.08 -11.11.08 - 23.9.10 - 26.9.10 - 30.9.10 - 1.10.10 - 12.10.13 - 14.10.13

Stoppin and stayin, I would if I could

Mutare Vel Timere Sperno
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All