MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Sneak Peek Trailer for MGMT Album  (Read 16013 times)

ac7891

• View Profile
Re: Sneak Peek Trailer for MGMT Album
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2013, 01:08:40 AM »

This necklace.

Apparently a fan gave it to Andrew months ago as a gift.

They're the sweetest. I love them so much.

I love that they did this.  I was at the show the fan gave Andrew this, it was at Common Ground in Michigan.  You can see him holding it below.  The source of the photo is niishode on instagram. Ok I'm going to go watch this a few more times and be back to actually comment on it finally. 

This was awesome! Also, notice all the bracelets he's wearing and the girl too? I wonder if they're all fan gifts?

ALSO -- I really hope this is a prelude to a new video! it is such a cool style, funny and well done.
Music is a feeling...

Staralfur

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2013, 02:30:07 AM »

I can hear some nice sounds in this funny teaser :)
I was disappointed by YLIAL and now a bit more confident because I read 3 reviews of the album on the French press: 1 didn't like at all the new album, 2 loved it!
Can't scan it but there are 2 long articles + photo shoots + interview of the boys in 2 magazines, you can see the covers featuring Ben and Andrew here:

12 pages in magicrpm : september
http://www.magicrpm.com/infos/mgmt/en-couve-du-numero-175-le-sommaire-detaille

6 pages in les inRockuptibles n#927 this week
http://www.lesinrocks.com/magazine/

puredaze

• Tend to the void, don't just fill it
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2013, 07:59:13 PM »

I'm literally replaying the first 40 seconds over and over so I can hear the song. I'm in love.

"sunny's sunnies sonny son sun sunn l(o)l sing song. - Andrew VanWyngarden"

framboise

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2013, 08:51:24 PM »

I love this so much. I've been avoiding listening to the live recordings of new songs because I honestly was afraid I might not like them. I almost didn't want to watch this but I'm so glad I did and now there's no doubt in my mind that this album is going to sound amazing. It's different from anything they've done but at the same time it doesn't sound like anything else but MGMT to me.

Daisy :)

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2013, 12:26:27 PM »

I can't wait to hear some new tunez tonight. The only new things I've allowed myself to listen to are Alien Days and YLIAL

lala

• Would you feel better holding the stars up?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2013, 12:48:03 PM »

I can't wait to hear some new tunez tonight. The only new things I've allowed myself to listen to are Alien Days and YLIAL

You're going to adore Mystery Disease.  It's exquisite.

Me:  We drove six hours
Andrew VanWyngarden:  Drumstick Towers?  *giggles*

Hunter Clark

• gone with the wind fabulous.
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2013, 05:42:38 PM »

Thisss.
6-18-10 8-14-10 10-29-10 11-4-10 4-29-11
7-13-13 11-27-13 5-17-14 7-28-17

Sirdidymusbarks

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2013, 10:40:58 AM »

I noticed there are lots of confused facial expressions in the trailer.  I know it suits the material, but I can't help but project that onto other aspects which leaves a lot of questions, but that's looking way too much into things.  I like that we got to see Andrew doing everyday things and that all the boys were in it.  Matt was hilarious.  I was also reminded of the quote where Andrew says he can't act because he has trouble being anything he isn't.

Overall, well done, and thank you, MGMT.

Yes, Thank you MGMT! You guys make happy. I loved seeing everybody too. I'm glad you mentioned that quote from Andrew! He said that during the making of Flash Delirium video, I think. That's one of the first things I thought of! I can't help but Lol all over the place at "...you guys, we need to get outta here. Now." though :P Matt was amazing and Ben having a leg knife was great.  ;D When I imagine them as a band, this is how I imagine them haha

Cool Song No. 2 perked up my ears more than I thought it would! It wasn't one of the titles that caught my eye. Introspection too. I don't typically care for covers just in general, but it sounds really good. And of course I think almost all of us can all agree that we're dying to listen to Mystery Disease fully. Overall, the songs remind me of different aspects of Siberian Breaks, Future Reflections, and even Metanoia. I guess most specifically it's that open, expansive quality that I think is making me draw that connection. These new songs have so much of that and I'm really excited about it. Everything sounds so wide and creates such a sense of space. The aural equivalent to staring up at a big, starry night sky. At the same time they're kind of "warm". Expansive sounding/feeling, but encompassing (probably not the word I'm looking for) and engaging and not empty feeling in all that open atmosphere. Just awesome. It's the most MGMT sounding stuff ever in a way.

♥ A Good Sadness SO much. I knew it! I fucking knew it. I can't wait to just sink into that song.

puredaze

• Tend to the void, don't just fill it
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2013, 12:53:16 PM »

Just realized that Will didn't say a thing.

"sunny's sunnies sonny son sun sunn l(o)l sing song. - Andrew VanWyngarden"

Bubble

• Mrs. Harrison at your service
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2013, 01:26:52 PM »

Just realized that Will didn't say a thing.

What a waste of talent.

Daisy :)

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2013, 05:10:28 PM »

Thisss.

You were totally right. I had refrained from crying-even through Siberian Breaks.
Then I heard it, and was smiling and crying and so was the crazy chick next to me.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All