MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Fiona Apple  (Read 1406 times)

Rebs

• KEEP IT LEGEND
    • View Profile
    • ECHO ASTRAL /// DEATH CLASSIC
Fiona Apple
« on: June 25, 2012, 03:11:12 PM »

I AM HERE TO DISCUSS TEH IDLER WHEEL IS WISER THAN THE DRIVER OF THE SCREW AND THE WHIPPING CORDS WILL SERVE YOU MORE THAN ROPES WILL EVER DO.

LET US DISCUSS IT.
DEATH CLASSIC 2.0

audrey palmer

• *get lucky riff*
    • View Profile
Re: Fiona Apple
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 03:20:15 PM »

let's! fiona apple is someone i hadn't really heard of that much, apart from references to 'when the pawn', before this year and then it felt like everyone was talking about her stuff. i listened to some of her songs but i wasn't that crazy about them. however a lot of people i follow on tumblr were praising this album so i had a listen and i'm really enjoying some of it

i love how raw it is and how her voice breaks, the "i look like a neon zebra" bit in anything we want, damn!
fav songs: every single night, daredevil, anything we want, hot knife (love it)

disco

Rebs

• KEEP IT LEGEND
    • View Profile
    • ECHO ASTRAL /// DEATH CLASSIC
Re: Fiona Apple
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 03:35:24 PM »

I think the beauty in this album is the song writing which makes songs like Werewolf, Every Single Night, Valentine, Regret, and Daredevil very memorable. This is one of the more well written albums I've come across in a while, in my opinion. The music grows on you, it's not the most accessible album in the world. It's simplistic yet complex in it's own way. To quote a review I watched, 'it's like she could snap at any second' which makes you blissfully anxious throughout the entire listen. It's dark, but not in a St. Vincent shredding like a rock goddess way. It's like a manic depressive Joanna Newsom who just got out of a relationship and spent a year alone in her room being a hot mess, or seven years for that matter.
DEATH CLASSIC 2.0