MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Get the new album MGMT on iTunes, CD, or vinyl here. Album includes the "Optimizer" listening and viewing experience.

Author Topic: MGMT Argentina, Buenos Aires, Quilmes rock 2012.  (Read 1316 times)

Lucille

• View Profile
MGMT Argentina, Buenos Aires, Quilmes rock 2012.
« on: April 04, 2012, 08:50:53 PM »

First of all, would like to thank MGMT for the show they did last night and i say that i feel reeeeeeaally sorry for the disrespect they had to stand when the crowd shouted "Foo fighters, foo fighters" al the beginning of Siberian Breaks. I felt really ashamed of being argentinian in that moment, because im not like that and I knew a lot of people while waiting to enter to the stadium that went just to see them. I mean, we paid 120 dolars to see you, guys. And here with 120 dolars we do like.. a lot of things, is not a little money.
I particulary dislike the stadiums because you will never see the band confortably. And not because you have to be standing all the time. I dont know, what is the deal in another countries, but in Argentina, if you want to see the band, you have to go to the stadium like (me, i went at 11am, and the fest started at 4pm) really earlier. And not just that, then, you are right 5mts from the stage, but, people who comes later, they also want to be close to the band, so they come at where you are, 5mts from stage, and that's what it happens. Flatenning. So you have to see the band that way. Or... you can go to the stadium at time and see them (if you can) in a 1mm size.
Yeah, well, the thing is that i was like at 10 mts from Andrew (OMG), and that kind of alpha male (but not just one) that went to see just FooFighters began to shout in a pejorative way things like "puto", "trolo", "maraca", "bala" (knowing that the language discribes the people that speaks it, you can deduce, for the amount of synonyms, how homofobic is the argentinian culture), which, all of them means homosexual. Thinking that they were insulting the singer, but they just put on evidence his stupidity. So I read in blogs and listened to comments like "well, the FF and MGMT audience are two totally different kind of things, they shouldn't put them in the same day, maybe with a band that lace them that could be arctic monkeys". But I dont think that they shouldn't put them on different days. I think that people has to grow up and learn to tolerate and have some respect to the bands that don't want to particulary see, cause maybe the guy next to does.
Putting MGMT with FF, could have been a good beggining to that change. But, obviously, we have to wait. The result of that mix was violent. I see MGMT as a band more to play in a theater and FF as a band to jump and break things. Maybe they simply dont sincronize. The audiences, for sure.

Maia

• Are we so different?
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: MGMT Argentina, Buenos Aires, Quilmes rock 2012.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 01:23:07 AM »

Im with you with everything you say. Tho I think its right they shouldnt have put MGMT with Foo Fighters. That kind of rock fans are known for being very close minded. They just want to see a guitar, drums, bass and the singer, if they see computers or pianos they reject it automatically. And you cant really re educate a whole lot of people. That is why it would have been smart to join MGMT and Arctic Monkeys without the rain obviously LOL.
Anyways, when I met the guys I told them they were amazing at their show and said we were sorry for foo fighters fans, and they were really okay with it, they didnt really care. Andrew joked about us not liking puppies haha. And they've joined a LOT of people last year at Mar del Plata for their show, they already know we love them and respect them. It wasnt just the perfect match with foo fighters fans  at Quilmes.
After all, they were amazing and blew their fans away! :)

Lucille

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 02:15:11 AM »

Fuck fuck fuck!!! How do you meet them? Where? When?! Are they still in Bs As?
I went with a friend that didn't know much of them, but she liked the band, she didn't went like crazy... but she liked it. Yeah, she went to see Foo Fighters and I was the three hours FF played in the middle of 2mts jumping guys in the boom of his listening to FF catharsis and fff... then the public transport went over another route, so... I went at home like... at 3am, 4/4. But all for MGMT. I wish the next time they play in a theater alone, please!! At least not with a band like FF.
=)

lala

• Would you feel better holding the stars up?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 05:05:52 AM »

Hey guys, we have several threads going for this show now.  Let's try to keep it all together so people don't miss your posts :)

Me:  We drove six hours
Andrew VanWyngarden:  Drumstick Towers?  *giggles*

Lucille

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 01:08:36 PM »

I created this one, because i haven't seen any other.
Can you link those other threats in here? So the interested people can see them (and me too, =P because I didn't know there were anothers.

crystalship

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 07:18:58 PM »

Next time around they should play at La Trastienda or Vorterix theatres, ONLY fans allowed  ;)
Moon