The Band > MGMT

Alien Days - MGMT's New Song

<< < (3/63) > >>

Fairytale of Hurt:

--- Quote from: lala on March 31, 2012, 08:07:19 PM ---Before I make my reply, I really appreciate Lisa's find-I asked her to post it on the forum.

That being said, I stopped it about 30 seconds into the start of the actual song because the distortion was making it unpleasant for me.  I don't know if the sound at this festival was crappy or we just have a couple of bad recordings.  I'm just not wanting to listen to the new stuff with all of this distortion.  Again-I'm grateful for Lisa's find and glad she posted it.

I'm going back to basketball-Go Cats!!!  I'm sorry if I seem negative-I'm not at all!  I just want to hear it perfectly  :-*

--- End quote ---

The sound is less than desirable for sure.  In my experience, if you are front and center and record, it usually sounds okay.  But if you are on the side and in front of a speaker it sounds more distorted.  Regardless, it's the best version we have so far. 

lala:

--- Quote from: Fairytale of Hurt on March 31, 2012, 08:45:45 PM ---
--- Quote from: lala on March 31, 2012, 08:07:19 PM ---Before I make my reply, I really appreciate Lisa's find-I asked her to post it on the forum.

That being said, I stopped it about 30 seconds into the start of the actual song because the distortion was making it unpleasant for me.  I don't know if the sound at this festival was crappy or we just have a couple of bad recordings.  I'm just not wanting to listen to the new stuff with all of this distortion.  Again-I'm grateful for Lisa's find and glad she posted it.

I'm going back to basketball-Go Cats!!!  I'm sorry if I seem negative-I'm not at all!  I just want to hear it perfectly  :-*

--- End quote ---

The sound is less than desirable for sure.  In my experience, if you are front and center and record, it usually sounds okay.  But if you are on the side and in front of a speaker it sounds more distorted.  Regardless, it's the best version we have so far.

--- End quote ---

And I agree-I love you and I so hope you didn't take it the wrong way.  It's just a personal opinion for me.  I didn't even know that it was a personal opinion for me until I heard it.  Remember, I was the first person to post Dan Treacy, It's Working, and Congratulations.....I just decided when I listened to it that I want to hear it without any distortion before I hear it.  Totally just my personal opinion and no disrespect to anyone.

Mickey:
I still cannot get enough of this... It is so beautiful, and it's really putting me at peace. They amaze me, as always.

Catamite:
ANDRUUUUH!!!!!

Thank you so much for posting this, it's much better than juan's stream.

I love it, but dat bass....

epic:
very guggenheim, alot happier.  Reserving further judgement until I hear a recording that doesn't sound like the bass is farting in my face.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version