MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Get all of the latest tour info here.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]  All

Author Topic: MGMT @ MUSIKFEST! BETHLEHEM PENNSYLVANIA.  (Read 9314 times)

Katie.

• View Profile
Re: MGMT @ MUSIKFEST! BETHLEHEM PENNSYLVANIA.
« Reply #150 on: August 06, 2012, 10:09:11 PM »

I know I have no right to be, but I'm pretty jealous of you guys for getting Only A Shadow. Glad to hear it was a good time! ;)

puredaze

• Tend to the void, don't just fill it
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 06, 2012, 10:16:58 PM »

I know I have no right to be, but I'm pretty jealous of you guys for getting Only A Shadow. Glad to hear it was a good time! ;)

I'm jealous of you guys getting Future Reflections! But no, me a beggar can't be a chooser, I'm just glad I had the opportunity to see them there. I'm glad you and the crew had fun at Osheaga!

"sunny's sunnies sonny son sun sunn l(o)l sing song. - Andrew VanWyngarden"

AGM

• Sitting in the sunlight, all alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 06, 2012, 10:42:34 PM »

You get Only a shadow? Does anyone taped it?

I'm happy for all of you, I'm shure that it was a party and something unforgetable!! :)
Just stop analyzing everything, just listen to it or don't listen to it...

lala

• Would you feel better holding the stars up?
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 06, 2012, 11:18:09 PM »

I'm jealous of you guys getting Future Reflections! But no, me a beggar can't be a chooser, I'm just glad I had the opportunity to see them there. I'm glad you and the crew had fun at Osheaga!

I thought we both got stellar set lists for a festival.  I was super hyped because Future Reflections is Scotty and Misty's fave.  That's actually the second time I've heard them open with it and the third time I've heard it live.  Did they do the lovely extended opening for I Found A Whistle?

Me:  We drove six hours
Andrew VanWyngarden:  Drumstick Towers?  *giggles*

mustmakeusernamecool

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 07, 2012, 12:04:41 AM »

that was ..just the best day of my life. i couldn't stop crying

gulsah

• View Profile
    • last.fm
« Reply #155 on: August 07, 2012, 01:22:33 AM »

Hahaha yeah everyone passed out and I had no one to talk to so I came on here :X LOL
My best friend had only gotten 54 seconds of Only A Shadow so I have nothing lol. LORD, HEARING THAT LIVE IS JUST AMAZING! That also reminds me! It was my first time hearing Siberian Breaks with the electric guitar! Absolutely mind blowing! And I probably lost my pants and all sanity when they started playing Alien Days. I couldn't believe it! It all was just so surreal. Even though I've seen them, it was a whole other 'new' experience for me haha! It's also weird though because they seemed tired and I can honestly say that they were AMAZING but I've seen them play better... if that makes sense? Not trying to sound mean at all! Just... I remember hearing the solo in Of Moons, Birds, and Monsters at RCMH and it was probably one of the best things I have ever experienced/heard.

I can't even remember what happened between songs because I was too busy screaming and excited and turning to Veronica and saying "OHHHH MYYYY GOOOOODDDD" :X
I also cried during I Found A Whistle
:X
UGH it was just so much fun and I too haven't realized just how MUCH I missed them. I want it back D; hahaha

Also, my best friend saw Matt yawn then sniff his arm pit then start playing. Just felt like you all needed an image of that

puredaze

• Tend to the void, don't just fill it
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 07, 2012, 06:16:52 AM »

Did they do the lovely extended opening for I Found A Whistle?

YES! Perfection. It really amazes just how good they are live. Though my camera didn't record all of the song (curse you, camera!) it did pick up the opening!

I don't know, there was just something about this show that made it feel like a first time experience. I don't know what it is exactly, but I left just feeling ridiculously happy that this all happened. Not to deplete my other experiences at all! This show simply felt "other worldly" to me.

"sunny's sunnies sonny son sun sunn l(o)l sing song. - Andrew VanWyngarden"

tdawgsmitty

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 07, 2012, 08:04:07 AM »

Did anyone get up to the railing????

WeenieHutJr

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 10, 2012, 10:46:32 PM »

the show was fantastic. no complaints, although I wish they played more songs! the set seemed pretty short. Bradford Cox was hilarious. The crowd was.... lame. lots of people screaming stupid things and/or talking through the entire thing. I couldn't hear alien days that well because everyone was talking.....

On the whole, it was awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]  All