MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Get the new album MGMT on iTunes, CD, or vinyl here. Album includes the "Optimizer" listening and viewing experience.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29  All

Author Topic: MGMT @ Osheaga 2012  (Read 24829 times)

lala

• Would you feel better holding the stars up?
    • View Profile
Re: MGMT @ Osheaga 2012
« Reply #315 on: July 30, 2012, 03:39:32 PM »

I thought i saw rain for all 3 days in the forecast?

There's a chance.

Me:  We drove six hours
Andrew VanWyngarden:  Drumstick Towers?  *giggles*

ac7891

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 30, 2012, 04:47:42 PM »

The official Osheaga after party starts at 11pm Friday night at Le Belmont, on St-Laurent Blvd.

http://www.facebook.com/events/348241095256012/

The first 100 who RSVP are awarded free entry :)

thanks for that! they changed it to 5$ reduced entry.
and thanks lala i thought it was for sure, i dont mind a bit of rain but all 3 days would be a bummer.

Is anyone else having trouble thinking of stuff to bring? Should i wear running shoes all weekend? I never been to a festival  before and really dont want to be underprepared!
Music is a feeling...

pavement

• where's my compassion?
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 30, 2012, 05:33:22 PM »

^ No problem! The Osheaga website has a list of stuff you can bring and stuff that is not permitted, you should check it out.

misty

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 30, 2012, 05:45:32 PM »

The official Osheaga after party starts at 11pm Friday night at Le Belmont, on St-Laurent Blvd.

http://www.facebook.com/events/348241095256012/

The first 100 who RSVP are awarded free entry :)

thanks for that! they changed it to 5$ reduced entry.
and thanks lala i thought it was for sure, i dont mind a bit of rain but all 3 days would be a bummer.

Is anyone else having trouble thinking of stuff to bring? Should i wear running shoes all weekend? I never been to a festival  before and really dont want to be underprepared!

Running shoes are comfortable but if it's hot you'll want to chop your feet off...also if you get stuck in a downpour they can get quite gross and soggy.  A good comfy pair of sandals always works well.
All veils and misty   Streets of blue   Almond looks  That chill divine   Some silken moment  Goes on forever 
 And we're leaving broken hearts behind

ac7891

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 30, 2012, 08:01:01 PM »

I knew it, thanks so much! My aunt went there for the Indy before and said it was crazy, the subway was JAM PACKED, and to bring running shoes and a knapsack. I really didnt want to bring a bag or running shoes but I think I'll do the bag. I think my feet can handle sandals, besides it looks better  8)
Music is a feeling...

misty

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 30, 2012, 08:48:28 PM »

You have to be fest fashionable :) ...though if you reallly want to wear sneakers, you can bring flips flops in case they get wet but then you're lugging around wet stinky sneakers for the rest of the day :P
All veils and misty   Streets of blue   Almond looks  That chill divine   Some silken moment  Goes on forever 

ac7891

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 30, 2012, 09:31:02 PM »

You have to be fest fashionable :) ...though if you reallly want to wear sneakers, you can bring flips flops in case they get wet but then you're lugging around wet stinky sneakers for the rest of the day :P

Haha i know i was thinking of this! I think im just going to bring a bag for a bottle of water, jacket, bug spray, and thats it cuz i really dont want to lug a heavy bag around. if it rains, my feet will get muddy and maybe ill wash them off in the river. apparently theres a big river and its pretty :)
Music is a feeling...

misty

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 30, 2012, 09:38:52 PM »

Check the forecast ....Montreal is quite steamy in the summer so a jacket probably isn't necessary.  I got one of those disposable rain ponchos about the size of passport and weighs nothing just case of a heavy downpour.  I don't deal well with rain so it's perfect.

ac7891

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 30, 2012, 09:40:21 PM »

Check the forecast ....Montreal is quite steamy in the summer so a jacket probably isn't necessary.  I got one of those disposable rain ponchos about the size of passport and weighs nothing just case of a heavy downpour.  I don't deal well with rain so it's perfect.

I guess i can get one of those, and yea i only wanted to bring one in case it rained. So maybe no bag after all! Thanks!
Music is a feeling...

misty

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 30, 2012, 09:48:52 PM »

It's wise to bring a bag for sunscreen etc...just keep it as lightweight as you can. What seems somewhat light in the afternoon will be heavy by nightfall.

ac7891

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 31, 2012, 01:37:02 PM »

It's wise to bring a bag for sunscreen etc...just keep it as lightweight as you can. What seems somewhat light in the afternoon will be heavy by nightfall.

thanks so much for the tips, just what i needed :) i thnk ill just bring a medium size purse
Music is a feeling...

larissa

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 31, 2012, 04:02:47 PM »

Haha i know i was thinking of this! I think im just going to bring a bag for a bottle of water, jacket, bug spray, and thats it cuz i really dont want to lug a heavy bag around. if it rains, my feet will get muddy and maybe ill wash them off in the river. apparently theres a big river and its pretty :)
I'm going to warn you, last year they had a gigantic water hose that they sprayed over the crowd once in a while, that would essentially SOAK you. So you likely will get wet (this was at the main stage, btw) because they'll likely spray it if it's going to be as hot as it was last year, and it sounds like it is!. And you liiikely won't need bug spray, I don't remember there being any bugs there whatsoever last year. I have a pretty large purse that I just stuff everything in. It's kind of annoying but I think this year I'll bring less stuff to the fest itself! Oh, and the river is very pretty. :)

Umm, so, still working out how we're getting there... Turns out my bfs car is NOT good to drive to Montreal, and mine is tiny... But we'll work something out. Ugh.
Now the world can be an unfair place at times
But your lows will have their compliment of highs.

ac7891

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 31, 2012, 04:07:28 PM »

I'm going to warn you, last year they had a gigantic water hose that they sprayed over the crowd once in a while, that would essentially SOAK you. So you likely will get wet (this was at the main stage, btw) because they'll likely spray it if it's going to be as hot as it was last year, and it sounds like it is!. And you liiikely won't need bug spray, I don't remember there being any bugs there whatsoever last year. I have a pretty large purse that I just stuff everything in. It's kind of annoying but I think this year I'll bring less stuff to the fest itself! Oh, and the river is very pretty. :)

Umm, so, still working out how we're getting there... Turns out my bfs car is NOT good to drive to Montreal, and mine is tiny... But we'll work something out. Ugh.

Thanks so much for that! i am really allergic to mosquito bites, but bug spray rarely works anyway, so thats out! and im so happy they soak you hahaha that sounds sooo refreshing :) yayy pretty river :)

im taking a mega bus, its about 100$ round trip, but at least i dont have to worry about getting lost and i know ill get there on time... you should check if it departs from pei!
Music is a feeling...

larissa

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 31, 2012, 04:33:08 PM »

Thanks so much for that! i am really allergic to mosquito bites, but bug spray rarely works anyway, so thats out! and im so happy they soak you hahaha that sounds sooo refreshing :) yayy pretty river :)

im taking a mega bus, its about 100$ round trip, but at least i dont have to worry about getting lost and i know ill get there on time... you should check if it departs from pei!
That would be cool if it did! It likely doesn't though, no one cares about our little island. :( Haha.
Now the world can be an unfair place at times
But your lows will have their compliment of highs.

pavement

• where's my compassion?
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 31, 2012, 09:23:46 PM »

In roughly 72 hours, we will all be watching our favourite musicians perform right before our starry eyes. those musicians being benjamin goldwasser, will berman, andrew vanwyngarden, james richardson, and matt asti...otherwise known as

MGMT
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29  All