MGMT- The Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Get all of the latest tour info here.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29  All

Author Topic: MGMT @ Osheaga 2012  (Read 24192 times)

misty

• View Profile
Re: MGMT @ Osheaga 2012
« Reply #255 on: July 05, 2012, 05:16:23 PM »

All veils and misty   Streets of blue   Almond looks  That chill divine   Some silken moment  Goes on forever 
 And we're leaving broken hearts behind

lala

• Would you feel better holding the stars up?
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 05, 2012, 06:54:08 PM »

Me:  We drove six hours
Andrew VanWyngarden:  Drumstick Towers?  *giggles*

misty

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 05, 2012, 09:09:14 PM »

:(
All veils and misty   Streets of blue   Almond looks  That chill divine   Some silken moment  Goes on forever 

framboise

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 10, 2012, 11:07:14 AM »

ac7891

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 10, 2012, 11:41:28 AM »

Yayy thank you! Mgmt pretty much have a headliner slot, they're playing for over an hour!!! :) buttt their set overlaps with justice and sigur ros :( but I don't care they're playing for an hour and 15 minutes and no ones after them so maybe longer!!!!! :);):):):):):);):):);)

so many conflicting acts i wanna see in this schedule though
Music is a feeling...

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 10, 2012, 12:45:57 PM »

So is mgmt not on a main stage?  I can't find a map.  They are closing their stage so I'm wondering if it's okay if they go over 1 hr. 15.  I'll have to miss Florence to get good position for MGMT and I don't think I'm up for that.  Freelance Whales only get 30 minutes and Fun. gets 45?  WTF?  I won't get to see Atlas Sound.  Yeasayer trumps Feist.  My biggest heartbreak is missing Airborne Toxic Event.  Ugh...so many conflicts. :(  And I think Ailsa may be coming.

ac7891

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 10, 2012, 12:58:49 PM »

So is mgmt not on a main stage?  I can't find a map.  They are closing their stage so I'm wondering if it's okay if they go over 1 hr. 15.  I'll have to miss Florence to get good position for MGMT and I don't think I'm up for that.  Freelance Whales only get 30 minutes and Fun. gets 45?  WTF?  I won't get to see Atlas Sound.  Yeasayer trumps Feist.  My biggest heartbreak is missing Airborne Toxic Event.  Ugh...so many conflicts. :(  And I think Ailsa may be coming.

im very sad about missing airborne toxic event too, i loved their album and have never seen them live. ive seen tame impala live though but must see them again because they're one of my most favourite bands. and i have to hear new music!

im making a list right now of bands i wanna see and conflicts, of which there are many. black lips for 30 minutes? :( and at the same time as plants and animals and cursive. but i have to see black lips because they're also one of my top favs. this kinda sucks and im kinda down about missing some of the few bands i really wanted to see, but mgmt closing their stage with a long set is making up for all of it, i swear :D i also cant find a map.
Music is a feeling...

larissa

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 10, 2012, 01:22:34 PM »

I'm having a lot of the same conflicts that you guys are, what a bummer. I guess it could be worse. The stage mgmt is playing on is really nice, it's kind of amongst trees and stuff, I'm really happy they're playing there tbh. Just not happy with the conflicts. I told my bf that if he ants to go to Sigur ros he can 'cause I can just chill with you guys.  8)

And that's awesome Ailsa may come! :)
Now the world can be an unfair place at times
But your lows will have their compliment of highs.

ac7891

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 10, 2012, 02:03:49 PM »

I'm having a lot of the same conflicts that you guys are, what a bummer. I guess it could be worse. The stage mgmt is playing on is really nice, it's kind of amongst trees and stuff, I'm really happy they're playing there tbh. Just not happy with the conflicts. I told my bf that if he ants to go to Sigur ros he can 'cause I can just chill with you guys.  8)

And that's awesome Ailsa may come! :)

their stage sounds nice! :) im now watching videos of mgmt's full festival sets in anticipation... trois weeks!

MGMT - Eurockeennes 2008 (Full Concert)
Music is a feeling...

misty

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 10, 2012, 04:17:58 PM »

Omg it would be so awesome if Ailsa comes.  All in all I'm quite happy with the schedule. I haven't really listened to Sigur Ros so I'm fine with missing them over Flo & MGMT...daughter is going to Flo, Sigur Ros and Justice.  It might not be too bad crowd wise for MGMT at the beginning because of the conflicts so there's a chance of moving up.  The only extreme conflict I have is Feist>Yeasayer....kinda hurts but I like Feist more.  I'm sooo happy on Sunday that City and Colour does not conflict with Black Keys. I was terribly worried over that.

lala

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 10, 2012, 05:13:52 PM »

I wasn't planning on seeing Justice, so I'm cool with that.  I'm a disappointed about Sigur Ros, but at the same time, I think it will keep a lot of people away from MGMT.  I just really wish that Flo was on the same stage as MGMT.  I've never seen her and I've seen MGMT 4,783,002,856,448 times.  I'm going to see M83 instead of The Black Keys.

misty

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 10, 2012, 05:20:16 PM »

I wish Flo was playing on the same stage too... But I'm happy they don't overlap....just going to have to haul ass. :D

Katie.

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 10, 2012, 07:32:27 PM »

MGMT/Sigur Ros/Justice overlapping is tragic. :'(

Otherwise I don't think I have any major conflicts and I am pleased with my schedule.

larissa

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 11, 2012, 08:49:12 AM »

I'm going to see M83 instead of The Black Keys.

We're definitely going to see M83 over the Black Keys as well.

After taking a good look at it I'm actually pretty pleased with the schedule, I mean, there are a couple conflicts but there are a LOT of things that don't conflict. Also, I have to be very thankful that I am in attendance this year at all. I'm getting so excited!  :)
Now the world can be an unfair place at times
But your lows will have their compliment of highs.

misty

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 11, 2012, 05:30:59 PM »

....if truth be told I would rather see M83 because I've already seen the Black Keys but it would literally break the bf's heart if I didn't go with him to see the Black Keys...there is an hour between between City and Colour and the Black Keys ...so I'll take in a bit of the M83 set.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29  All